WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthepaint

Quote from: calhsu on March 06, 2006, 01:37:03 PM
Paint I studied at seminary about you,  I think the word was
"inerrant."

No, not really.  Infallible, maybe!  ;)

For all you McM Methodists, those words mean "truth without any mixture of error."  ::)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: inthepaint on March 06, 2006, 05:15:25 PM
HSU has taken advantage of the gift that this opportunity for postseaon play was.  Hopefully they were a good pick and their continued success will only affirm the decision to invite them to the tournament.

I think that the gift is actually the expanded Pool C this year.  I will try to run the numbers, but I think that HSU was actually the 18th out of 21 Pool C bids.

thejungle

inthepaint:
     We "McM Methodists" are confused:  Why is there a 'dancing' rastafarian as your picture?
     I thought baptists didn't dance?  I also thought they stayed away from Jamaica cause the country smells like burnt rope.
     Seriously though, I tend to agree with the battle-hardened analogy.  With the conference having more competitive teams it can do nothing but help HSU.

inthepaint

Quote from: thejungle on March 07, 2006, 11:58:38 AM
inthepaint:
     We "McM Methodists" are confused:  Why is there a 'dancing' rastafarian as your picture?
     I thought baptists didn't dance?  I also thought they stayed away from Jamaica cause the country smells like burnt rope.
     Seriously though, I tend to agree with the battle-hardened analogy.  With the conference having more competitive teams it can do nothing but help HSU.

I was educated at two of Texas' great Baptist schools.  While working on my undergraduate degree I was thankful for the Methodists, who hosted a once-a-month "function" on Friday nights for the Baptists down the road!  I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Fortunately we Baptists have overcome some of our past foolishness.  I mean, Baylor actually hosts regular on-campus events and even calls them what they are - DANCES!

As to the rastafarian influences of my life - that's another story all together!

Here's to hoping for continued HSU-ASC victories!

Ralph Turner

Do you know the difference between the Methodists and the Baptists?

A Methodist will speak to you in a liquor store!

Do you know how to tell a Baptist or Church of Christ's preacher's daughter at McMurry?

She is the best dancer on the dance floor!

dsc

FYI,  HSU commenced "on campus" dances last year!  :o Baylor...two years ago (or maybe 3, not sure which).  Even when I was at HSU last century, we enjoyed the trips over to McMurry...a note on the Bulletin Board in the SUB, was all it took!  (P.S.---I still can't dance!!!) :-[

BTW, don't ever take just one Baptist on a fishing trip.  He'll drink all your booze! (So take two!):-\

Just kidding! ;D

Go COWGIRLS... 8)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

inthepaint

A Baptist preacher and his secretary were having an affair.  They snuck down to the church kitchen for a quick fling one afternoon.  The secretary, afraid that someone would come in and catch them, said, "Let's just do this standing up."  The preacher, shocked, said, "No way!  If someone caught us they would think we were dancing!"

For the record, I grew up a Methodist.  I'm actually doing missionary work among the heathen these days.

mcmfan

Don't y'all forget the line in the movie A River Runs Through It, where the Presbyterian minister-father character defines Methodists as simply "Baptists who know how to read"!...
Alacumba!

inthepaint

That is the best post to date on this important subject!  ;D ;D ;D

Josh Bowerman

Good luck to the HSU women this weekend!
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

pirateonthebrazos

Does anyone know how the Cowgirls stack up against the Lutes?   Looks like we match up pretty well with their roster but that is about all I can figure out.  It sounds as if they too have an injured point guard but I can't find out for sure.
Any predictions out there?  How about it Ralph?
Cowgirls by 10! 

inthepaint

I signed on to see results and realized the games are two hours behind us in time!  Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!

dsc

you're lucky, ITP...

I'm on the East Coast! >:(

It'll be tomorrow before we find out the results here! ;)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dballa

Way to go Cowgirls!!! one more until the Final Four.  Randolph-Macon will be a lot tougher than PLU but it can be done.

Ralph Turner

Copngratualtions, Cowgirls!  You are getting RMC on a neutral court! ;)