MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

I've been able to put together Point's schedule. I've got 23 games and I'm assuming St. Thomas will be in there somewhere.

11/15 v St. Olaf
11/25 at St. Norbert

12/2 at Superior
12/9 v Hope
12/13 v Lawrence
12/21 at Edgewood
12/22 v Augustana at Wisconsin Dells
12/28 v Wartburg at Last Vegas
12/29 v Whitman at Last Vegas

Conference schedule

1/3 at RF
1/6 at ST
1/10 v LX
1/13 v EC
1/17 at WW
1/20 v PL
1/24 at OSH
1/27 at LX
1/31 v WW

2/3 v RF
2/7 at PL
2/10 v ST
2/14 v OSH
2/17 at EC
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 17, 2017, 05:42:32 PM

River Falls
v Minn-Duluth
v Central
v Baldwin-Wallace at Wheaton IL
v DePauw or Wheaton IL
v Superior
v Hamline
v Carleton
v St. Thomas
@ Northwestern
v St. Olaf at Eau Claire

That game vs St. Olaf at Eau Claire is interesting because that's a Friday night. River Falls only has 24 games on their schedule, so I assume they are missing a Saturday game at the same Eau Claire tourney. But, the Eau Claire website says EC is playing Northwestern on Friday and Northland on Saturday.

So, an interesting Holiday tournament in Eau Claire at the end of December.

On Friday, River Falls is playing St. Olaf and Eau Claire is playing Northwestern.
On Saturday, St. Olaf plays Northwestern and Eau Claire plays Northland.

So River Falls and Northland come to Eau Claire to play one game each.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Former East Troy standout and Bryant & Stratton College transfer, Jake Nixon, will not be attending UWSP after all.  I don't know what changed there but Jake is attending Florida Gulf Coast University this year.

Greek Tragedy

La Cross schedule is out. Point is the only one, as usual, to not release a schedule yet.

at UW-Milwaukee (exhibition)
At Luther
Vs Central
At Viterbo
Vs St. John's
Vs Bethel
Vs Northland
At Buena Vista
At Wartburg
V Carroll
Vs Fairleigh Dickinson (Nashville, TN)
Vs Lynchburg (Nashville, TN)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 18, 2017, 11:59:57 AM
I've been able to put together Point's schedule. I've got 23 games and I'm assuming St. Thomas will be in there somewhere.

11/15 v St. Olaf
11/18 at Buena Vista
11/25 at St. Norbert

12/2 at Superior
12/9 v Hope
12/13 v Lawrence
12/16 v St. Thomas
12/21 at Edgewood
12/22 v Augustana at Wisconsin Dells
12/28 v Wartburg at Last Vegas
12/30 Whitman at Last Vegas

Conference schedule

1/3 at RF
1/6 at ST
1/10 v LX
1/13 v EC
1/17 at WW
1/20 v PL
1/24 at OSH
1/27 at LX
1/31 v WW

2/3 v RF
2/7 at PL
2/10 v ST
2/14 v OSH
2/17 at EC
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on August 31, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
It's official

http://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2017/8/31/mens-basketball-pointers-unveil-mens-hoops-slate-for-2017-18-season.aspx

Dude... be careful with the "it's official" stuff. I carefully read the address to make sure I hadn't missed a major email and phone call from the NCAA! Damn sir.

LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Greek Tragedy

I went through all the non-conference schedules of the teams and came up with an itinerary to see a game every day a WIAC game is scheduled. So, from opening day, Wednesday, November 15th to Saturday, December 30th, you can see 29 games involving WIAC teams and 41 or 42 total games in just 46 days! Yes, you can do it too, if you're retired and/or semi rich.

Wednesday, November 15: We'll start off in Stevens Point, where else, with Point v St. Olaf. Other games were La Crosse at Luther, Stout vs Crown, River Falls vs Central, Eau Claire at St. Norbert and Oshkosh vs Benedictine. Eau Claire at St. Norbert is probably the best game, but I'm obviously a Pointer fan.

Friday and Saturday, Nov. 17 and 18: I'll hop in the car and take a road trip to Wheaton, IL for their tourney. River Falls vs Baldwin-Wallace, River Falls vs DePauw or Wheaton You also get to see two extra games with Wheaton taking on DePauw and then whatever game River Falls isn't in. 4 games in two days. Can't beat that...or can you? There were other games both Friday and Saturday, but that was the only 4-team tourney and you may as well get your bang for your buck.

Monday, Nov. 20: Travel day on Sunday, so you'll be fresh to see La Crosse at Viterbo. This is the only WIAC game on Monday, so it was an easy choice. Besides, you might be able to hang out with Brian Carroll and Chmarx.

Tuesday, Nov. 21: It's time to head to Fond du Lac and check out Eau Claire at Marian. Platteville and Whitewater were also options, but we didn't want to see River Falls again, nor St. Norbert (again) hosting Oshkosh.

Wednesday, Nov. 22: Well, it's back to the border to see La Crosse vs St. John's. Yeah, I know we were just here, but the mountain side of Wisconsin is beautiful. Oshkosh and Edgewood are also playing this day, but we'll see the Titans later.

Friday, Nov. 24 and Saturday, Nov. 25: You can fly to Colorado Springs for the Colorado College tourney, or it can be a 16+ hour drive, depending on where you are coming from. I suppose you are already in La Crosse, so leave from there. You get to see another four games in two days with Platteville vs Carleton and Platteville vs Millikin along with Millikin vs Sarah Lawrence and Colorado College vs Sarah Lawrence. Colorado College also plays Carleton, but that's on Wednesday.

Sunday, Nov. 26: If you drive, you have a 16 hour trip back up to Superior as Stout at Superior is the only game on the schedule.

Tuesday, Nov. 28: You have a rest day after that very long weekend before it's River Falls vs Carthage. Eau Claire and Oshkosh are also options.

Wednesday, Nov. 29: Head south for Platteville vs Illinois Tech. Stout vs Bethany Lutheran was your other option.

Thursday, Nov. 30: Time to head to Minnesota for Eau Claire at St. Scholastica, the only game on today's schedule.

Friday, Dec. 1 and Saturday, Dec. 2: No rest for the weary as you gotta hop a plane to California to see Whitewater vs Cal Tech and Whitewater at Redlands 4 games in two days for the 3rd time this season. Not bad!

Tuesday, Dec. 5: You get a little down time for once after your trip to California. Head to Oshkosh to see Oshkosh vs Finlandia as the only game of the day.

Thursday, Dec. 7: Another day off before heading to Manitowoc for Stout at Silver Lake. Not a great game, but the only one on Thursday.

Friday, Dec. 8 and Saturday, Dec. 9: Time to head to Michigan this weekend to see Trine's tourney. Yeah, yeah, we just saw Whitewater, but it's another 4 games in 2 days. Tough to beat. Whitewater vs Adrian and Whitewater at Trine.

Sunday, Dec. 10: It's a lot of driving, but you'll head to Iowa forLa Crosse at Wartburg.

Wednesday, Dec. 13: We just saw La Crosse, but I didn't want to see Eau Claire at Viterbo and we're seeing Point a bunch of times coming up. So, it's La Crosse vs Carroll.

Friday, Dec. 15: Surprisingly, a quiet night, so the only game we get is Eau Claire at Carleton.

Saturday, Dec. 16: We may as well stay in Minnesota to see River Falls at Northwestern.

Tuesday, Dec. 19 and Thursday, Dec. 21: We're flying to Oregon to watch the Titans. Oshkosh at George Fox and Oshkosh at Williamette.

Friday, Dec. 22: You have to take the red eye back because you don't want to miss the big game in the Dells. Stevens Point vs Augustana in Wisconsin Dells.

It was an exhausting trip out West and then getting back right away for the Pointer game, but you got some time off to recharge the batteries. You're gonna want to get all the rest you can because you're back on a plane headed to Vegas, baby!

Thursday, Dec. 28 and Friday, Dec. 29: Stevens Point plays in the D3hoops.com classic, along with a host of other teams. Enjoy your stay. Stevens Point vs Wartburg and Stevens Point vs Whitman. On Thursday and Friday, there are two other games besides the Point games (and that's not including the women's games).

Here's your choice. You can stay an extra day and see THREE more games on Saturday or head back to the Dells to catch the 2nd day of the Just-a-Game tourney.

Saturday, Dec. 30: We have two more games with Platteville vs St. Mary's and Oshkosh vs Ripon.

Now you get a couple of days off before the WIAC season kicks in. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

bulk19

Since it's kind of quiet on here, I thought I'd post this RIP in the WIAC section, since it harkens back to a hoops coach who once told us during our PE class that "the name of the game is to knock down the pins."  ;)

http://www.leadertelegram.com/News/Front-Page/2017/09/20/Final-frame-UW-EC-closes-bowling-alley-as-use-drops.html

The coach? UWEC's Ken Anderson... (If you don't open the link, at least please carefully read the words in the link. Coach Anderson is still with us.  ;) )

fredfalcon

WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

tomt4525

Former UWRF Guard, Booker Coplin, has transferred to Augsburg.  He had a very solid freshman season for the Falcons.

fredfalcon

tomt4525--He evidently likes old gyms and higher school expenses. He did very well for us last season and will be missed.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!