USA South Conference splitting into two.

Started by VAFury, May 16, 2022, 08:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAFury

The largest D3 conference in the country is splitting into two conferences beginning in the fall. 

Agnes Scott, Berea, Covenant, Huntingdon, LaGrange, Maryville, Piedmont and Wesleyan are leaving to form the CCS (Collegiate Conference of the South).

Greensboro, Mary Baldwin, Meredith, Methodist, NC Wesleyan, Pfeiffer, Salem, Southern Virginia, William Peace and Brevard remain as USA South.

Averett had already announced they were leaving to join ODAC.

Doesn't sound like much is really logistically changing as the USA South played in a two division East/West format anyway.  What I imagine will change is that the group should go from one automatic tournament bid, to each conference having its own automatic bid.

maineman

Quote from: VAFury on May 16, 2022, 08:15:44 AM
The largest D3 conference in the country is splitting into two conferences beginning in the fall. 

Agnes Scott, Berea, Covenant, Huntingdon, LaGrange, Maryville, Piedmont and Wesleyan are leaving to form the CCS (Collegiate Conference of the South).

Greensboro, Mary Baldwin, Meredith, Methodist, NC Wesleyan, Pfeiffer, Salem, Southern Virginia, William Peace and Brevard remain as USA South.

Doesn't sound like much is really logistically changing as the USA South played in a two division East/West format anyway.  What I imagine will change is that the group should go from one automatic tournament bid, to each conference having its own automatic bid.
Will the CCS get an auto bid immediately or will they have to wait a couple of years?

Caz Bombers

Quote from: maineman on May 16, 2022, 09:56:23 AM

Will the CCS get an auto bid immediately or will they have to wait a couple of years?

2 year wait. Pool B in 22-23 and 23-24, Pool A starting fall 2024.

VAFury

Quote from: Caz Bombers on May 16, 2022, 10:14:02 AM
Quote from: maineman on May 16, 2022, 09:56:23 AM

2 year wait. Pool B in 22-23 and 23-24, Pool A starting fall 2024.

Ahhh, thanks.   Wasn't aware of the waiting period. 

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

VAFury

Pat Coleman

Quote from: VAFury on May 18, 2022, 08:45:48 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 17, 2022, 09:03:22 PM
Here's D3sports.com's coverage from over the winter:

https://d3sports.com/notables/2022/02/usa-south-to-split-in-two

Aha!  Yes, I guess my entry point was D3Soccer.com.   Didn't even know d3sports.com existed... :D

That's OK -- the sites are no longer related.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.