FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJFF82

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 17, 2008, 10:28:23 PM
Quote from: SJFF82 on September 17, 2008, 05:32:33 PM
Quote from: maxpower on September 17, 2008, 05:29:26 PM
He deleted a bunch of posts that were all Fisher updates from Saterday.
Wow...that is sad. If he doesnt want us to post updates and actually use and enjoy the boards why doesnt he just say so.  I am sure the advertisers would find this somewhat intriguing.

I did, 82. How about you pay attention just once instead of complaining about things?

If not having time (like you somehow have) to reread every post on d3.com such that I am up to date on every ridiculous censorship position that you take is me not "pay[ing] attention" then I am guilty as you have so charged.  Perhaps I should be hung from the gallows or sentenced to forever being stuck on 899 posts as you have seen fit to set me at twice now despite my faithful patronization of this website.

SJFF82

BTW, are you still upset that Fisher owned Catholic back in the early 90's ::)

boobyhasgameyo

Quote from: Upstate on September 17, 2008, 10:10:35 PM
Quote from: SJFF82 on September 17, 2008, 09:35:26 PM
Just caught up on 9 pages of posts...it appears SJF fans may not be aware that Robbie Brown was injured last week and will be out for 1 or more games...leg injury.

Additionally, one of our starting d-lineman reportedly quit the team this week.  Cant remember who (I will check with my source and re-post) and I checked the 2008 roster on the SJF website and they must have removed his name already because no names 'rang-a-bell'.

I heard that he got dinged up last week, didnt know the extent of it though. Hopefully we can get this combo of Herrington and Carlton going this week to give them some confidence going into the IC game. 
Nick Boone is the one you are referring too.  His number was #50 and he's no longer on the roster online.  So that makes 2 of 4 week 1 starters out for the year.  Trapper (6'2", 235) got the start vs BSC opposite Pollock at DE.  Rhone (6'2", 250) got the start at the DT.  

What about Biehl?? Nobody answered my question on him.  He got a lot of playing time against Mount Union and he has good size and looks like he will be affective rushing against any team not named Mount Union.  Then he didn't play at all last week against Buff State.  Is he injured? Did he fall out of the coaches graces?  This year there seems to be some turmoil at Fisher land, something just doesn't feel right....I don't like it, I want to feel warm and fuzzy and think happy thoughts, not all of these players going down for the year or quitting, etc. 

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: AUPepBand on September 17, 2008, 10:40:27 PM
Pep's doctor suggested surgery but Pep didn't go for that, opting instead to wear a knee brace whenever active.

Besides....chicks dig the knee brace....
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: Upstate on September 17, 2008, 11:29:28 PM
Quote from: superman57 on September 17, 2008, 11:15:41 PM
Upstate and Iceman question... how long was  your hospital stay for the knee surgeries

Mine was overnight, my surgery was pushed back alot and they kind of lost track of me in the recovery room.  So they put me in a bed overnight.  

The best part about it was that i got a spinal, numbs you from the waist down, just so i didnt have to be knocked out.  I highly recomend you do this because you dont have to deal with the shock of waking up after surgery.  Also you can watch the surgery on the monitor and have conversations with the doctors/nurses.  

Agree 100%, though I have to say, when I got my hip replaced, it was a little strange hearing the doc hammer away at me.  I remember telling him it sounded like he was building a house and thinking that I was one funny dude.  But the recovery was waaaay easier than being knocked out
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

fisheralum91

wow- im not feeling that warm fuzzy feeling either.
I hope that rob will be ok- but what distresses me a little is a starter quitting the team.
Seems odd

Knightstalker

The best part of surgery is the shot of demerol about an hour before they wheel you in.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

pg04

Quote from: SJFF82 on September 18, 2008, 04:22:44 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 17, 2008, 10:28:23 PM
Quote from: SJFF82 on September 17, 2008, 05:32:33 PM
Quote from: maxpower on September 17, 2008, 05:29:26 PM
He deleted a bunch of posts that were all Fisher updates from Saterday.
Wow...that is sad. If he doesnt want us to post updates and actually use and enjoy the boards why doesnt he just say so.  I am sure the advertisers would find this somewhat intriguing.

I did, 82. How about you pay attention just once instead of complaining about things?

If not having time (like you somehow have) to reread every post on d3.com such that I am up to date on every ridiculous censorship position that you take is me not "pay[ing] attention" then I am guilty as you have so charged.  Perhaps I should be hung from the gallows or sentenced to forever being stuck on 899 posts as you have seen fit to set me at twice now despite my faithful patronization of this website.

This is his job as webmaster of this site... 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: SJFF82 on September 18, 2008, 04:24:40 AM
BTW, are you still upset that Fisher owned Catholic back in the early 90's ::)

Not really. You forfeited back at least one of those "wins." :)

Seriously, dude -- you complain about things that nobody else has a problem with and that are already over and done. If you wanted to complain about the in-game updates page, do it when I first posted it.

If you don't like the way I run the site -- and it's clear you have some chip on your shoulder about something you think I did to you -- then you don't HAVE to post here. But it's not like I am proposing something unreasonable. I'm asking the Empire 8 to do what many other conferences already do -- put their incessant in-game updates on a separate board. That way people who come back that night or the next day don't have to wade through 10 pages of down and distance if they don't want to. And if they do, well, it's on a separate page for everyone's convenience.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fisheralum91

it did make for easier reading--though i found myself posting on the wrong board --sorry pat--old habit ----we'll get used to it.

Pat Coleman

That's OK -- I mean, I didn't make a big fuss about it, right? Only 82 did.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fisheralum91

guess so-- i saw a few of my posts were gone and figured that was the case---really didnt care.

realistic

Seriously - 82 relax.  The move made the board so much better to read saturday evening, or sunday or monday depending on if you got to it that weekend.  I would much rather listen/watch the game online and then come on later and have peoples opinions about the game as opposed to 10 pages of every score, punt, int, etc.

The in-game updates are great if you can't get the game, but horrible to navigate through after the fact.  It was a good move.

fisheralum91

did anybody read keith's around the nation piece this week?
gave a little slam to fisher about why "this Year" 's team was rated so high.
well keith---it is only the second game of the season for everybody and all teams are trying to get themselves together.
Will they live up to the ranking---as you said it will determine itself in the coming weeks--- but why not throw a few barbs in other directions.
not trying to complain- but that barb could be said about anybody--------well minus MUC

Bombers798891

Quote from: fisheralum91 on September 18, 2008, 12:19:26 PM
did anybody read keith's around the nation piece this week?
gave a little slam to fisher about why "this Year" 's team was rated so high.
well keith---it is only the second game of the season for everybody and all teams are trying to get themselves together.
Will they live up to the ranking---as you said it will determine itself in the coming weeks--- but why not throw a few barbs in other directions.
not trying to complain- but that barb could be said about anybody--------well minus MUC

I guess I didn't read it like that. I've always thought that polls should be put out no earlier than after the 4th week of the season. Obviously, Fisher is talented, but, much like many other teams, I think much of the rankings are based of of last season, which is, of course, irrelevant.

I think the reason he brought up Fisher specifically, is because his ranking for them is much lower than

A) Other rankings
B) Many people's general belief on Fisher

And so he wrote that line specifically as a pre-emptive answer to the question "Why is Fisher not in the Top 25 when they're ranked in the Top 15 in the .com poll and three of their last four losses have been to Mt. Union?"

Early season  Top 25 rankings are pointless for two reasons

1) It's too early to get a feel on anyone
2) Rankings don't determine playoff status anyway

SJF will be there when the season ends (Or, more specifically, when Hartwick, Ithaca and Sailsbury have come through) so I wouldn't worry about "barbs" being thrown out