IIAC 2017 (Men's Soccer)

Started by d3soccerfreak, August 14, 2017, 08:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

+k..That was a total nightmare...

d3soccerfreak

Loras beat Cal Lutheran 2-1 in the first round. Way to rep the IIAC! Go Loras!

Dubuquer

It was 4-2, not 2-1. St Thomas is up next today at 1 pm.

d3soccerfreak

Quote from: Dubuquer on November 12, 2017, 10:04:52 AM
It was 4-2, not 2-1. St Thomas is up next today at 1 pm.

Yikes, my bad. LOL.

d3soccerfreak

Did anyone catch the Loras v St Thomas game tonight? I saw Loras lost, did they play well?

Dubuquer

Tough game from both sides.  Very even in my mind.  One early quick counterattack that ended with Peterson pulling down the St. Thomas striker leading to a PK was the difference in the game.  Loras had a hard time penetrating the St. Thomas defense and skied a number of shots way over the net from 18-25 yds out and didn't really challenge the St. Thomas keeper (who was playing in his first college game according to the announcers) much at all.  Loras started pushing guys forward in the last part of the game and got lucky that St. Thomas' quick counterattack didn't put any balls in the back of the net.  While I'm sure the Duhawks are disappointed to exit in the round of 32, they came a long way since late September when they rode the bus back from a loss at NWU with a record of 4-5. If they get a keeper to step up to replace Peterson next year they will be a team to look out for nationally as they are very young and will have a lot of talent returning.