Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DE Wesley Fan

Thanks - now I can start planning my fall schedule :)  Nice to not have to travel quite so much this year, but am sad to see Apprentice go even though that hasn't been a competitive game lately.  Have to say I hate having an important game against a solid opponent for Homecoming - way too many distractions.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Teamski on February 21, 2013, 01:01:55 AM
UNC Charlotte is a first year FBS football program!!  This oughta be interesting!  Belated, I know, but thanks for posting the schedule!

-Ski

Hope Wesley is getting a good payday to head up that way.   ;)

That said, a first year program, even one in FBS, will be full of underweight (for D1) freshmen and sophomores who are just trying to figure things out.  A quality senior-junior laden team like Wesley, where the guys have been hitting the weights in a major way for years, should be darned competitive.

Don't forget what (then D3) McMurry did at first-year UT-San Antonio before 30+K a couple of years back.   UNC-C's coach has no head coaching experience (10 yr assistant at Wake Forest) and it's going to take HIM a while to figure things out, too.

Teamski

Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 26, 2013, 11:18:03 AM
Hope Wesley is getting a good payday to head up that way.   ;)

No doubt the funding gained from the Charleston Southern game was a nice incentive to do it again.  This last season would have been impossible without it.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

PA_wesleyfan

The Schedule is up on the  wesley football site. looks like another tough one. back to back long road trips
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Teamski

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on March 17, 2013, 04:01:52 PM
The Schedule is up on the  wesley football site. looks like another tough one. back to back long road trips

Par for the course.  It will be a very interesting year with a new QB.  I'm not used to that!

-Ski

DE Wesley Fan

It will be cool to have a night game, but it's a shame it's on a Friday night instead of a Saturday night.  Puts it in competition with all the local high school games.  Should be an interesting year.....

wesleydad

hey all, glad to see that there is some chatter.  schedule looks good.  surprised to see widener on it.  will be competitive with some nice games at home.  looks like I wont have to make as many road trips as I have in the past couple of years.  Not happy about the Friday night game either, but will have to attend to see what they look like early.  umhb than back to Birm South will be tough. 

DE Wesley Fan

Looking at the pictures from spring camp, is it just me or does it look like Callahan has gotten bigger (or maybe he just had lots of layers on since it was cold)?  That would certainly be a good thing, I think, as he was pretty thin before. 

Teamski

Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on March 29, 2013, 09:14:25 AM
Looking at the pictures from spring camp, is it just me or does it look like Callahan has gotten bigger (or maybe he just had lots of layers on since it was cold)?  That would certainly be a good thing, I think, as he was pretty thin before.

You know that once a player is shortlisted to a starting position, he usually steps it up in the weight room!  I'm sure Callahan is getting the job done.  Except for the reputation for his arm, we really know very little about him.  It will be interesting to see how he compares to the polarizing  McSweeney and Sottilaire........

-Ski

Hawks88

New schedule posted by Huntingdon. Three challenging non-conference games. Looking forward to getting it started.

September   
Sat   14    at Mississippi Col.          6:00 PM   
Sat   21    Louisiana Col                 1:00 PM   
Sat   28    Ferrum *                        1:00 PM   
October   
Sat   5     at Wesley                      11:00 AM   
Sat   12    at Greensboro *          11:00 AM   
Sat   19    at LaGrange *              5:00 PM   
Sat   26    N.C. Wesleyan *          1:00 PM   
November   
Sat   2    at Averett *                  12:00 PM   
Sat   9    Methodist *                   1:00 PM   
Sat   16   Maryville (Tenn.) *        1:00 PM

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Teamski on April 04, 2013, 10:10:32 PM
Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on March 29, 2013, 09:14:25 AM

You know that once a player is shortlisted to a starting position, he usually steps it up in the weight room!  I'm sure Callahan is getting the job done.  Except for the reputation for his arm, we really know very little about him.  It will be interesting to see how he compares to the polarizing  McSweeney and Sottilaire........

-Ski

I wonder if he's more similar to Sottlaire than McSweeney. I know he's a winner, he lead his high school team to a state championship. However, if he is more like McSweeney, then this could be trouble for everyteam that plays Wesley this upcoming season.

jknezek

Quote from: Hawks88 on April 11, 2013, 01:33:22 PM
New schedule posted by Huntingdon. Three challenging non-conference games. Looking forward to getting it started.

September   
October   
November   

Bummer. I thought the rumor was UMHB was coming to town. Was definitely going to make it down for that game. Maybe I'll make the LC game, though I don't know if my wife will let me go 2 weeks in a row and Wesley is at BSC on 9/28. That one is a little closer for me...

DGPugh

Hero and D3Guru (jknezek)
holler and we will buy u a cola at the LC game
i pray you and yours are well
keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

jknezek

Quote from: DGPugh on June 04, 2013, 11:06:34 AM
Hero and D3Guru (jknezek)
holler and we will buy u a cola at the LC game
i pray you and yours are well
keep the faith

There are better guys on this board for this title than me! But I might take you up on that cola. Can't complain about the family. I'm thinking they'll be old enough to take them and the motorhome over to BSC for the Wesley game since if you get there early enough you can park above the field and watch the game from the hilltop. That would make me a single again for the LC game, but there are worse places to see a game, and not many better people to watch with, than the back of the endzone crowd I enjoyed last year at Huntingdon. Have to remember to bring my chair this year!

Hope all is well with you and, while I'm not in a rush to get through summer, I am looking forward to another year of D3 football.

Hawks88

Quote from: jknezek on June 04, 2013, 08:33:32 AM
Quote from: Hawks88 on April 11, 2013, 01:33:22 PM

September   
October   
November   

Bummer. I thought the rumor was UMHB was coming to town. Was definitely going to make it down for that game. Maybe I'll make the LC game, though I don't know if my wife will let me go 2 weeks in a row and Wesley is at BSC on 9/28. That one is a little closer for me...
I'm pretty sure the UMHB thing was true at one point. I don't know what happened. My guess is that maybe LC needed a 10th game and that matching open date was the only practical option they had and were able to work with UMHB to find another game? Just speculating so that may not even be in the ballpark. Looking forward to some football though. Hope to see you at a game.

Go Hawks!