FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on November 29, 2010, 09:08:49 AM
We tried to get the message board operator to find an image of a cannon and show it with the word KABOOM after every score but he already has several other things to illustrate and didn't want to antagonize the situation.  He was probably wiser than myself. 

Public address and everything is supposed to be down the middle at an NCAA postseason event, so I doubt that would fly.

Agreed that you guys are getting hung up on the cannon thing. It was nice that you were able to do it for so long, but it really is against the spirit, if not the letter of the rules. This is the NCAA's event, taking place in your stadium. It's not UW-Whitewater's event.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hazzben

Quote from: ILGator on November 28, 2010, 10:48:32 PM
For a town of 10,000, Whitewater has a lot of bars. For long time Napervillians, think Fidlers, Whites, and the Nickel Inn. Downtown Whitewater seems to be one bar after another.

For a Wisconsin town of 10,000, I'd say Whitewater's bar count is pretty standard  ;D ;)

footballfan413

Quote from: MasterJedi on November 29, 2010, 10:22:59 AM

I agree, except the pass wasn't working well at that point and we were getting 5-8 yards on every rush by Coppage. And in those last two drives we almost purely ran Coppage with only about four passes. And it worked, UWW got 2 TDs.
I understand you were referring to this specific game and mine should have been more clear that I was talking about the overall type of offense we should run.  Quoting your post as a reference didn't make that clear enough.  Sorry, MJ.   I agree that if we can run the ball all day against a team, eat the clock and find the end zone, of course, you take it but that isn't a reality at this time of the year, I believe. We need to be balanced and if Brekke is under center, he needs to get comfortable doing more than just handing off to Coppage for us to move on.  Not surprised though that running the ball primarily the last 2 possessions worked so well because by then our o-line had 3 quarters to wear down the defense.  
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

02 Warhawk

Just looking at the facts (NCAA rankings):

UWW               NCC
Offense           3rd                29th
Rushing          10th               21st        
Passing           80th              109th  

Defense            7th                3rd
Rushing            2nd                5th
Passing             106th             40th

What does this all mean???...I don't know  :)

usee

02 WH,

I think it means what we have all been saying. That is, NCC better find a way to score because the defenses are similar and the edge in offense to UWW is substantial. That usually means UWW will score "enough" and NCC may have some trouble getting points. That's where the game turns in my view. UWW doesn't turn it over (8 TO's in 12 games to 15 for NCC). the only place I see a glimmer of hope for NCC is Punt return. they  average about 15 yds per return to UWW's 8 yds or so. Could be special teams make a difference. I just don't see where NCC's points are going to come from. If NCC is able to run the ball with some success they will take their shots down the field with their 6'7" tight end as well as Llavac and Juarez. But if UWW can limit the run and sit back with their safeties, NCC's passing attack is not prolific enought to take over in my view.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: USee on November 29, 2010, 01:54:26 PM
02 WH,

I think it means what we have all been saying. That is, NCC better find a way to score because the defenses are similar and the edge in offense to UWW is substantial. That usually means UWW will score "enough" and NCC may have some trouble getting points. That's where the game turns in my view. UWW doesn't turn it over (8 TO's in 12 games to 15 for NCC). the only place I see a glimmer of hope for NCC is Punt return. they  average about 15 yds per return to UWW's 8 yds or so. Could be special teams make a difference. I just don't see where NCC's points are going to come from. If NCC is able to run the ball with some success they will take their shots down the field with their 6'7" tight end as well as Llavac and Juarez. But if UWW can limit the run and sit back with their safeties, NCC's passing attack is not prolific enought to take over in my view.

If NCC can somehow get into a rhythm passing...that can be a problem for Whitewater, as seen in UWW's last two games. Quick three-step drops so UWW's DL can't get to the QB.....that's what I see NCC trying to do, with no huddle/hurry up offense.

On the flip sides, if UWW can establish a run aginst this stingy D....that would be huge.

usee

If UWW can run the ball it's over. Early. That, obviously, will be the 1st key. NCC needs to stop UWW entirely and try to play field position to generate some points and offense.

UDubDub_Boiler

Going to the game this weekend!  Can't believe its still Monday...this is going to be a long week.  Lets go Hawks!!!

Barber Greene

Quote from: UDubDub_Boiler on November 29, 2010, 04:19:28 PM
Going to the game this weekend!  Can't believe its still Monday...this is going to be a long week.  Lets go Hawks!!!

I think everyone is excited about this one. Spread the excitement with the students on campus. Let's get two or three busloads of students to the game!

HScoach

Quote from: USee on November 29, 2010, 02:03:31 PM
If UWW can run the ball it's over. Early. That, obviously, will be the 1st key. NCC needs to stop UWW entirely and try to play field position to generate some points and offense.

I agree.  If Whitewater can run the ball early, it's going to get ugly.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

UDubDub_Boiler

Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium, which seats 5,500, was completed in 1999, while the Jay and Dot Buikema track was resurfaced in 1997 and a Safeplay Plus artificial playing surface was installed in 2002. The stadium serves as the home site for North Central's football, soccer, lacrosse and track and field teams.

The Stadium has hosted numerous high-profile events, including the Illinois high school boys and girls soccer state finals and the Wes Spencer Crosstown Classic, the annual showdown between Naperville North and Naperville Central high schools. It also served as the temporary home of the Chicago Fire for two seasons.

http://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2010/11/15/FB_1115100127.aspx?path=football

Olinemom

How about those O-Liners!!!  Everyone knows you can't run or pass without having a great O-Line and the Warhawks have a great team of O-Liners.  I know, I sat with them at the banquet and at the Gagliardi award dinner last year!!  I want the chance to do it again!!!!   And, of course, bring them my brownies!!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

FormerCard

This week is going to go very slow..  It gives posters plenty of time to talk about the game, but the fact is NCC played UWW in 2007 and that game means very little at this point.  It will be the same talk all week.

1.) The UWW rushing attack vs the NCC rushing defense. 
2.)  Can the Cardinals work the passing game against UWW who has given up an average of 324 yards in the first two playoff game?
3.)  Will Blanchard play and prove to be an X factor?
4.) Which coaching staff will make the best adjustments on the fly?
and the most important factor of all......

Which teams tailgators will put down the most cold ones before the start of the game :)

Go Cards

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: FormerCard on November 29, 2010, 07:12:30 PM

This week is going to go very slow..  It gives posters plenty of time to talk about the game, but the fact is NCC played UWW in 2007 and that game means very little at this point.  It will be the same talk all week.

2.)  Can the Cardinals work the passing game against UWW who has given up an average of 324 yards in the first two playoff game?

Which teams tailgators will put down the most cold ones before the start of the game :)

Although I'm a native of Illinois, NEVER bet against cheeseheads when it comes to beer consumption! :o ;D

bleedpurple

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 29, 2010, 08:55:36 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on November 29, 2010, 07:12:30 PM

Although I'm a native of Illinois, NEVER bet against cheeseheads when it comes to beer consumption! :o ;D

For the sake of your financial situation, you may want to avoid betting against them on the football field as well!  ;)