FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombers798891

Got some old IC football media guides. Here are some strange but true facts from Ithaca's 1988 Championship team. I sort of forgot how Ithaca almost never passed the ball

-- Ithaca's leading receiver caught 12 passes during the regular season. The longest one was for 14 yards
-- Ithaca's two starting quarterbacks completed 37.7% of their passes during the regular season
-- All-American running back Mike Scott attempted two passes during the regular season. Both were intercepted
-- Ithaca scored 62 points in the national semifinals. Ithaca's receivers caught two passes for 14 yards in the game
--Ithaca's three scoring drives against Cortland State in their Cortaca battle totaled 5 plays.
--One of Ithaca's lineman had a great handlebar mustache
--Their best cornerback had a mullet

Yanks 99

Quote from: Bombers798891 on April 08, 2013, 09:22:57 PM
Got some old IC football media guides. Here are some strange but true facts from Ithaca's 1988 Championship team. I sort of forgot how Ithaca almost never passed the ball

-- Ithaca's leading receiver caught 12 passes during the regular season. The longest one was for 14 yards
-- Ithaca's two starting quarterbacks completed 37.7% of their passes during the regular season
-- All-American running back Mike Scott attempted two passes during the regular season. Both were intercepted
-- Ithaca scored 62 points in the national semifinals. Ithaca's receivers caught two passes for 14 yards in the game
--Ithaca's three scoring drives against Cortland State in their Cortaca battle totaled 5 plays.
--One of Ithaca's lineman had a great handlebar mustache
--Their best cornerback had a mullet

You should have lead with the two bolded comments above.  Great handlebar mustaches and mullets will always take precedence over completion percentages and scoring drives...
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

dlippiel

Pretty cool stats Bombers. dlip remembers hearing how good that team was when he was a kid but he never knew the dynamics of the offense. Amazing how an effective and consistent running game can propel an offense to such high levels of success, even at the D3 college level. Those sound like triple option stats to dlip. We are getting a little closer to the 2013 season everyday fellas. Can't ****ing wait!!!! Maybe dlip will grow the handlebar mustache for the Ithaca/Union game this season. Any takers? The wife will love it!!!!...yet probably stop speaking to dlip for an unknown amount of time.

Upstate

More changes at Fisher this off season...

Defensive Coordinaror Fox is leaving the program, Not sure who is replacing him at this point...

I really thought he took a turn the past two seasons and really came into his own with his unique and sometimes crazy blitz packages...

Good luck to Coach Fox in the future...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

AUPepBand

Pep is happy to see 2013 schedules beginning to appear on this website. But, having already seen the Alfred ten-game schedule for 2013 with the Saxons having seven conference games in addition to contests with RPI, Montclair State and Brockport State, Pep is wondering whether Ohio Northern might be playing Alma ALFRED STATE!!! on Sept. 7, rather than Alfred U.? It would seem more like last year were the Saxons to travel out to Ada to meet the Polar Bears. Pep has a pharmacist friend who graduated from Ohio Northern, so he'd be the first to tell were it true.

Hmmmmmm...so it's Alfred State! Just checked the Ohio Northern website and it looks like the Pioneers open their 2013 season in Ada, Ohio! Now Pep is wondering what other D3 teams the Pioneers will face this fall.

Stay tuned, Pep Band has got a good number of gigs this fall!

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AUPepBand on April 23, 2013, 11:01:04 PM
Pep is happy to see 2013 schedules beginning to appear on this website. But, having already seen the Alfred ten-game schedule for 2013 with the Saxons having seven conference games in addition to contests with RPI, Montclair State and Brockport State, Pep is wondering whether Ohio Northern might be playing Alma ALFRED STATE!!! on Sept. 7, rather than Alfred U.? It would seem more like last year were the Saxons to travel out to Ada to meet the Polar Bears. Pep has a pharmacist friend who graduated from Ohio Northern, so he'd be the first to tell were it true.

Hmmmmmm...so it's Alfred State! Just checked the Ohio Northern website and it looks like the Pioneers open their 2013 season in Ada, Ohio! Now Pep is wondering what other D3 teams the Pioneers will face this fall.

Stay tuned, Pep Band has got a good number of gigs this fall!

On Saxon Warriors!

It is Alfred State. Ohio Northern doesn't know the difference and put it into Presto incorrectly. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Yanks 99

Quote from: Upstate on April 21, 2013, 11:01:31 AM
More changes at Fisher this off season...

Defensive Coordinaror Fox is leaving the program, Not sure who is replacing him at this point...

I really thought he took a turn the past two seasons and really came into his own with his unique and sometimes crazy blitz packages...

Good luck to Coach Fox in the future...

Wow...that is a big loss for Fisher.  Where is Coach Fox going?  Has anyone heard?

AUKaz00

Enjoy the last decade of football, boys!  And just when Alfred gets its second D3 school in town...
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

D3viewer

Fox is going to a HS in Florida to be a DC.

mattvsmith

Quote from: D3viewer on April 24, 2013, 04:29:45 PM

I've heard the Florida football is second only to Texas football (obviously I was talking with a Texan) but even if Florida ball is by and large superior to NY football, it seems strange to go from a highly ranked D3 team to a high school. Perhaps it only appears to be a step backwards, but is really a strategic move for a leap forward.

Or maybe he just prefers warm weather instead of freezing his pigskin off in Rochester.

Yanks 99

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on April 24, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

I've heard the Florida football is second only to Texas football (obviously I was talking with a Texan) but even if Florida ball is by and large superior to NY football, it seems strange to go from a highly ranked D3 team to a high school. Perhaps it only appears to be a step backwards, but is really a strategic move for a leap forward.

Or maybe he just prefers warm weather instead of freezing his pigskin off in Rochester.

I wonder if it was a family move...either way, I wish him the best...

AUPepBand

Alfred State has received NCAA provisional status......

http://www.alfredstateathletics.com/athletics/genrel/ncaa_announcement

...and the Pioneers already have scheduled football games with Ohio Northern (Sept. 7), Husson (Sept. 21) and Wesley (Nov. 16).

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

fisheralum91

Im sorry Fox is leaving.
I think that his D was coming into its own.
I wish him well, and hope his successor steps up and does a great job.

ITH radio

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on April 24, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

HSFB down here in FL is a Big deal.  Guessing he's positioning himself for another college level gig here in the south.  There are a ton of D1 and FCS programs down here and the pay is very competitive b/c FB is so engrained in the culture.

The QB from the town I live in now signed with UCLA.  Press coverage for HSFB rivals FBS coverage too.  Big business herein the Sunshine State.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

sjfcards

Ouch...I have a friend who is a JV running backs coach in Florida, and I can understand why a coach would leave D3 to coach high school in Florida. I would put Florida as the top State for high school football, ahead of Texas and California (maybe Ohio).

Tough loss for Fisher, but good luck to Coach Fox. Hopefully he sends some players to Fiaher in the years to come.
GO FISHER!!!