10. Lyco
HM: Scranton, Etown

MAF Top 25
3. Messiah
7. Hopkins
9. F&M
18. Catholic
@Shooter and @MAF -

Why the difference in order of Mid-Atlantic teams between regional and national power rankings?  I get that for your predictions, national and regional order might be different, but isn't the purpose of a power ranking to rank the teams based on who you think is best.  Shooter's Mid-Atlantic power rankings have F&M above both Hopkins and Messiah, but the national power rankings have the order flipped.  And MAF does the same thing, with Messiah jumping both Hopkins and F&M for the national power rankings.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: YoungBuck on November 05, 2019, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Shooter McGavin on November 04, 2019, 11:22:44 AM
Shooter's Power Rankings
1. F&M--15-2-0
2. Hopkins--14-2-1
3. Messiah--14-2-2
4. Catholic--16-2-1
5. Stevens--12-3-2
6. Swat--11-3-3
7. Gettysburg--10-6-1   
8. Lyco--12-6-0
9. Dickinson--10-7-0
10. Fords--9-5-3
HM: Etown, Scranton, Kings

Shooter's Power Rankings
4. Messiah
7. Hopkins
10. F&M
-------------------------
20. Catholic
22. Swarthmore

MAF Top 10 Rankings
1. JHU
2. F&M
3. Messiah
4. Catholic
5. Gettysburg
6. Swat
7. Dickinson
8. Stevens
9. Fords
10. Lyco
HM: Scranton, Etown

MAF Top 25
3. Messiah
7. Hopkins
9. F&M
18. Catholic
@Shooter and @MAF -

Why the difference in order of Mid-Atlantic teams between regional and national power rankings?  I get that for your predictions, national and regional order might be different, but isn't the purpose of a power ranking to rank the teams based on who you think is best.  Shooter's Mid-Atlantic power rankings have F&M above both Hopkins and Messiah, but the national power rankings have the order flipped.  And MAF does the same thing, with Messiah jumping both Hopkins and F&M for the national power rankings.

Good question! ;D I can't speak for Shooter but after reevaluating while going through my top 25 earlier I feel that Messiah is Messiah and should be ranked as such. If anything should change on my end it is the top 10 rankings for the region thread and that should reflect what I posted today. So Messiah should bump up to 1 and JHU and F&M just drop 1 slot each to reflect the national poll. Everything else remains the same. There really isn't a rhyme or reason to it for me it's just how I felt today versus when I posted my top 10 regional thread rankings.

Hopkins92

There are a couple of fans on both sides of the Etown - Scranton tilt that are embarrassing themselves on the video stream. Absolutely the kinds of people that would get booted from a sideline if I were the coach and they were parents under my purview. Grow up, ffs.

Hopkins92

Possibly unfair, but I'm gonna just put this out there... The Etown fans at this game are being assholes.

Ejay

I'm not watching, but I remember last year having to mute the Scranton feed because the fans (parents) were unbearable.

Hopkins92

Etown wins in OT. Totally against the run of play.

Etown had at least 2 goals called back for offsides, so I guess that's why their fans were being so ****ty.

Scranton was the MUCH BETTER TEAM. It wasn't even close, they just couldn't finish it off.

Hopkins92

Quote from: EB2319 on November 05, 2019, 09:04:13 PM
I'm not watching, but I remember last year having to mute the Scranton feed because the fans (parents) were unbearable.

Yeah, I want to amend and be fair, it was really hard to tell who was being the aggressor, it was just a LOT of really obnoxious fan commentary.

BJBeliever

Why are you being an E'town hater Hopkins92. They had a better game plan than kick and run Scranton. A PK called and reversed after a 3 minute review by a linesman who was further away than the ref. 2 goals called back. E'town keeper had nothing to do. Goal was a matter of time.
Lets wait till after the Catholic game in the final to slam them as not being in the game. And yes Catholic beat them last weekend but check the box score who played for E'town compared with last night. Different game Saturday, different result.

franklyspeaking

Fans were REALLY out of control and from what I could see on a livestream there didnt seem to be reason for it.  Honestly I didnt see one team having the better play over the other, actually both missed many open passes and rarely did I see a play that was exciting to watch.  Overall I would say that Etown is a better team then Scranton is but to be real, neither has a chance against Catholic if Catholic plays anywhere close to their potential.  I dont expect it to be a close match.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: franklyspeaking on November 06, 2019, 07:23:04 AM
Fans were REALLY out of control and from what I could see on a livestream there didnt seem to be reason for it.  Honestly I didnt see one team having the better play over the other, actually both missed many open passes and rarely did I see a play that was exciting to watch.  Overall I would say that Etown is a better team then Scranton is but to be real, neither has a chance against Catholic if Catholic plays anywhere close to their potential.  I dont expect it to be a close match.

I didn't watch any of this game (Etown vs Scranton) but if I had to guess they are both pretty equal based on results and prior history. Catholic put up 5 last night on Moravian but also gave up 3 and have struggled in conference playoffs/finals of late, but I think this is the year they get over the hump and return to the dance. It should make for an exciting final! I also think Catholic has to get the AQ to go to NCAA's.   

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: BJBeliever on November 06, 2019, 05:49:57 AM
Why are you being an E'town hater Hopkins92. They had a better game plan than kick and run Scranton. A PK called and reversed after a 3 minute review by a linesman who was further away than the ref. 2 goals called back. E'town keeper had nothing to do. Goal was a matter of time.
Lets wait till after the Catholic game in the final to slam them as not being in the game. And yes Catholic beat them last weekend but check the box score who played for E'town compared with last night. Different game Saturday, different result.

Also didn't see the match between them earlier in the year but from referencing the box score it looks like Catholic doubled up Etown in shots and held a slight edge in corner kicks and also won the match 2-0. The stat that sticks out the most to me is the second half shots where Catholic held and 8-3 advantage over Etown. That stat is telling as in reality it should be reversed. Etown was losing 1-0 early and if they are pushing hard in the second half to get an equalizer they should be gaining more chances/shots/etc but its the complete opposite, according to the box score. Etown didn't register a shot in the 2nd half for the first 20 minutes!  :o And it looks like Catholic got a second goal with 15 to go which means even more shots should be fired in the last 15 for Etown but still not the case. As mentioned, I did not watch this game and am referencing the box score and looking for trends. I am not sure which Etown players were missing and that could help shift the box score but I think anyone who has followed this year would give a slight edge (55/45) to Catholic headed into the final.

Hopkins92

Quote from: BJBeliever on November 06, 2019, 05:49:57 AM

I have ZERO skin in the game when it comes to these two teams. Good goalie buddy went to Etown and I have lots of respect for the program.

Just my opinion that Scranton was actually building more out of the back than Etown, and the field seemed tilted toward Etown's goal most of the second half.

I'd put Catholic as 2 goal favorites over Etown on Saturday.

I'll also cop to the fact that I was heavily distracted trying to watch the game with so much grousing from the fans. Complaining about the ref pretty much the ENTIRE second half and getting into it with opposing fans. Again, grow up and get a grip.

Ejay

What's the story with Skip Roderick? He's been at E-Town forever. Has their style kept up with the times?