NCAA Polls

Started by 2xfaux, October 18, 2012, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2xfaux

I remember someone explaining this to me before but I need a refresher course.  I looked at the new NCAA polls and I think Hardin Simmons is #3 in their National Poll behind Emory and Messiah and in the Regional Poll they are #3 behind Trinity and Cal. Lutheran.  Does this have to do with String Theory or Quantum Euphemisms.  Help!!!

jc2

I think you might be comparing two different types of polls. The NSCAA poll is based on votes from committees of coaches, etc. while the Regional Rankings are based strictly on W-L percentages, strength of schedule, etc. It's sort of an RPI for DIII teams.

2xfaux

So it is a plot by the NCAA to fool senior citizens like me.  I looked again and you are quite right the national poll listed on the NCAA site is the NSCAA poll.  So many acronyms and so few brain cells.  Thanks for the help.

jc2

I believe the Regional Rankings (not the NSCAA rankings) are used by the NCAA to grant the 20 or so at-large bids to the post-season tournament.

dahlby

Chapman's women soccer team knocked off  a very talented #22 California Lutheran 1-0 tonight to earn a SCIAC playoff berth. It was Cal Lu's first conference loss this year. In the first meeting at Cal Lu this year, Cal Lu won 1-0.

dahlby

Don't know where else to post, so will do here.

SCIAC Women's soccer coference tourney for auto-bid are slated to start on Wednesday when #1 Cal Lu hosts #4 Pomona-Pitzer and #2 Chapman hosts #3 CMS.

Winners will face-off on Saturday with the highest remaining seed hosting.

dahlby

1st round SCIAC playoffs for auto bid:
Chapman over CMS is a shootout, 0-0 ,2-1.
Cal Lu playing Pomona Pitzer now.
Winner to face Chapman for auto bid on Saturday.

dahlby

Pomona over Cal Lu
Chapman hosts Pomona for auto bid Saturday afternoon