Empire 8 in-game updates

Started by Pat Coleman, September 07, 2008, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realistic

Quote from: Caz Bombers on September 13, 2008, 03:20:44 PM
Quote from: Cortland_Football on September 13, 2008, 03:16:25 PM
Sounds wild.  Was that game a local broadcast for you Caz?  Or do you have ESPN Gameplan?

Well I was checking Yahoo scores and that was the only close one.  That game had no in-game box score b/c it was "just" a MAC game.  So I went to UB's website,  checked the live stats and found Temple scored with 38 seconds left to go up by 4.  ESPN360.com doesn't work down here (thanks Bright House Florida, awesome as always!) - found Buffalo's radio broadcast on WECK with 20 seconds left.  Good timing.

it's a nice one.  Very Flutie v Miami.

I think I'll need to start drinking soon since I am trying to watch this 'cuse PSU game.  Nothing like getting started with a great takeaway....then immediately giving it back.  Ugh.  

AUPepBand

AU defense made adjustments at halftime and contained the FDU QB. Made a world of difference, not to mention Pep giving the band a halftime "Pep Talk" that got the band its first score to start the second half. (Pep has been told the band is always good for at least 7 points....and Pep insisted the band get its 7 to open the second half.)
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

realistic

just from what was posted on here....it looks like they had a great turnaround in the 2nd half.  Well done AU.

I lost the WICB feed a few times and stopped trying, anyone have a final for IC - Kings?

Caz Bombers

Ithaca won 38-28.  King's scored, recovered the onside kick, then scored again to make it 31-28 with about 3-4 minutes left, IC ran out most of the clock but King's got it back with 52 seconds left at their own 26.  Two plays later they threw a pick six that iced it.  Juvan threw for over 300 yards.

However, six Bomber turnovers (3 Juvan picks, 3 fumbles) is clearly unacceptable - that nonsense will have Hartwick scoring about 90 next week.

realistic

wow - six turnovers?  You're right, that won't cut it.  Hopefully they can get it together for next week.  'wick's gonna be rested and motivated.

Caz Bombers

I also want to point out that on ESPN's highlight show for the Buffalo hail mary,  Robert Smith sneered "and the fans go wild, all 10 of 'em" as the entire UB student section stormed the field.  Way to embrace the moment - that's about the d-baggiest thing I've ever heard an announcer say.  Mr. Buckeye's not impressed, huh; he had just narrated the package of another "mighty Big 10" game where Northwestern beat Southern Illinois and the crowd shots showed a stadium that really genuinely may have had 10 people there in the rain.

HHawks

Quote from: Caz Bombers on September 13, 2008, 04:19:13 PM
Ithaca won 38-28.  King's scored, recovered the onside kick, then scored again to make it 31-28 with about 3-4 minutes left, IC ran out most of the clock but King's got it back with 52 seconds left at their own 26.  Two plays later they threw a pick six that iced it.  Juvan threw for over 300 yards.

However, six Bomber turnovers (3 Juvan picks, 3 fumbles) is clearly unacceptable - that nonsense will have Hartwick scoring about 90 next week.

I dont think Ithaca wins a Shootout with Hartwick, Ithaca is gonna have to play much much better defense next week

SJFF82

SJFF82

on-side kick...Marion recovers for SJF

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on September 13, 2008, 04:19:13 PM
Ithaca won 38-28.  King's scored, recovered the onside kick, then scored again to make it 31-28 with about 3-4 minutes left, IC ran out most of the clock but King's got it back with 52 seconds left at their own 26.  Two plays later they threw a pick six that iced it.  Juvan threw for over 300 yards.

I was gonna say, the recap made it seem that IC made a lot of turnovers but seemed to be the better team.  Thats a key win on the road nonetheless though.

realistic

wow - 14 - nothing Bombers early on.  About 10 to go in the 1st.  Sounds like 'wick is driving though.

AUKaz00

Sitting here in Herrick Library watching the webcast on a plasma with Pep and a Saxon mom.  Scoreless with 9 minutes left in the first, Alfred driving at their own 25.

UPDATE: 3-0 Alfred and a trombone player has joined the viewing.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

AUKaz00

The Saints drove the length of the field, but got stopped at the 1 and opted for the field goal.  3-3 late in the first.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

realistic

Boltus to Phelan to make it 14-7.

Bombers get a nice return to about the 40.  3 plays, Juvan to Weverberg who shed a tackle and takes it in.  21-7 Bombers.