Ice Bear

A long time fan of DIII Football!

Bartman

Quote from: Ice Bear on November 20, 2019, 05:38:47 PM
Quote from: UfanBill on November 20, 2019, 04:27:09 PM
From the Case Western Reserve football home page:
https://athletics.case.edu/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20191120lhmo0c

Ice Bear says thanks to UfanBill. +k pal
Union has a big 1 minute per game TOP advantage....this game is over ::)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on November 20, 2019, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Bartman on November 13, 2019, 09:01:27 AM
As much as I'd like to extend the TOP discussion, I think I will put out the final picks of the LL season:
(35-10 pick record, and LL is 16-11 in OOC games) AFTER Last week 39-10 and 17-11 LL in OOC games

Hobart(Team DeWall)     48(51)     Rochester(Team Martinovitch)         7(20)         The battle of Hobart alum coaches is won by DeWall as the Yellowjackets future is in the hands of future recruits.

St Lawrence                   35(31)      Buffalo State                                21(26)         Grochot has another good game and the Larries end the season on a positive note. The Bengals show well and look to make noise in 2020.

Union                             38(33)       RPI                                            24(0)          The Shoes are worn by the Dutchmen as they come back from an early deficit as Bellamy and Irabor are cool under pressure and deliver an undefeated regular season(last one was 2005). From 0-10 to 10-0 in four years, impressive....now don't blow my pick ;D

Ithaca                            45(32)        Cortland                                     38(20)          The Germ starts and wins the game on a Vito TD in the final 2 minutes after throwing a pick six only minutes earlier. Nabi waits for next year .               

Union -NCAA
          Ithaca- ECAC Bowl home game
          Hobart- NYS Megabowl -travel to Cortland or Alfred

Bartman did OK last week, as correct forecasts and scores are bolded above.    Playoff week for 4 LL Teams and some other East picks:

**Union           31                      Case of Western Reserve Chardonnay                   14            Union celebrates first playoff win buy drinking a case of  Ohio Chardonnay

Hobart            29                      Cortland                                                                    17            Red Dragons are confused as they keep protecting against the QB run which never happens

Ithaca             42                      Washington and Jefferson                                        28            The Germ is inspired as Roger Goodell attends his alma mater's game, as close as The Germ gets to NFL

RPI                 31                      Grove City                                                                 27             RPI completes the LL post season sweep

**Del Val           21                       Bridgewater                                                             27              Aggies disappoint in Virginia after feeling they got an unfair away game assignment

**Wesley           28                       Framingham State                                                  20              Wolverines continue winning ways and move on

**Salisbury        51                       SUNY Maritime                                                          7               Seagulls soar in first game

**Brockport       17                      WNE                                                                        14              Brockport defense  wins  hard hitting game

** NCAA games,  Good luck to all post season

WTF are you doing Bartman.  None of those TOP numbers add up.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear loves the ****ing bracket team breakdowns on the main page. Well ****ing done!

Ice Bears says thank you for all the time and effort put into coming up with those!

Pat Coleman

You're welcome -- much appreciated after multiple late nights in a row and one more to come (podcast night).
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Doid23

Quote from: Ice Bear on November 21, 2019, 10:37:13 AM
Ice Bear loves the ****ing bracket team breakdowns on the main page. Well ****ing done!

Ice Bears says thank you for all the time and effort put into coming up with those!
Agree 100%, always blown away by all the great work your team does. +K

Bartman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 21, 2019, 10:40:29 AM
You're welcome -- much appreciated after multiple late nights in a row and one more to come (podcast night).
Pat,
    Good job on the team summaries....give yourself a raise ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 21, 2019, 10:40:29 AM

Very good job.  Kind of surprised none of you guys picked Union to win the bracket, but that's fine.  You can't all be winners right?

E.115

Ice Bear

Quote from: E.115 on November 22, 2019, 12:37:06 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but found some local Albany-Schenectady news coverage:

https://www.news10.com/sports/college-sports/union-looks-to-continue-historic-run/

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/capital-region/sports/2019/11/21/union-football-ready-for-run-at-national-title#

Ice Bear says thanks E. Looking forward to enjoying a great game tomorrow between two really good football teams. +k

Ice Bear

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/2019/11/case-western-reserve-football-winning-is-big-a-relief-from-tests-and-labs-for-playoff-bound-spartans.html

Article that E.115 posted on the PAC board. This is one of the best student/athlete articles Ice Bear has read. SOunds like CWRU would fit right into the LL. Great ****ing article about some awesome student athletes!

Bartman

Quote from: Ice Bear on November 22, 2019, 10:43:41 AM
https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/2019/11/case-western-reserve-football-winning-is-big-a-relief-from-tests-and-labs-for-playoff-bound-spartans.html

Article that E.115 posted on the PAC board. This is one of the best student/athlete articles Ice Bear has read. SOunds like CWRU would fit right into the LL. Great ****ing article about some awesome student athletes!
Ice Bear, nice article. This will not be an easy game for the Dutchmen. CWRU is legit in both football and academics. CWRU(#40 Nationl Universities) is very similar to Uof R(#27 National Universities) but with a good D3 football team. No wonder they have some great student athletes. Good luck tomorrow. Bartman is looking for a LL sweep in all post season games.....Go Dutchmen, Statesmen, Bombers and Engineers!
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

ITH radio

We've had some kids from my daughter's school go up to CWRU to play FB. Great school and reputation.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Bartman on November 20, 2019, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Bartman on November 13, 2019, 09:01:27 AM
As much as I'd like to extend the TOP discussion, I think I will put out the final picks of the LL season:
(35-10 pick record, and LL is 16-11 in OOC games) AFTER Last week 39-10 and 17-11 LL in OOC games

Hobart(Team DeWall)     48(51)     Rochester(Team Martinovitch)         7(20)         The battle of Hobart alum coaches is won by DeWall as the Yellowjackets future is in the hands of future recruits.

St Lawrence                   35(31)      Buffalo State                                21(26)         Grochot has another good game and the Larries end the season on a positive note. The Bengals show well and look to make noise in 2020.

Union                             38(33)       RPI                                            24(0)          The Shoes are worn by the Dutchmen as they come back from an early deficit as Bellamy and Irabor are cool under pressure and deliver an undefeated regular season(last one was 2005). From 0-10 to 10-0 in four years, impressive....now don't blow my pick ;D

Ithaca                            45(32)        Cortland                                     38(20)          The Germ starts and wins the game on a Vito TD in the final 2 minutes after throwing a pick six only minutes earlier. Nabi waits for next year .               

Union -NCAA
          Ithaca- ECAC Bowl home game
          Hobart- NYS Megabowl -travel to Cortland or Alfred

Bartman did OK last week, as correct forecasts and scores are bolded above.    Playoff week for 4 LL Teams and some other East picks:

**Union           31                      Case of Western Reserve Chardonnay                   14            Union celebrates first playoff win buy drinking a case of  Ohio Chardonnay

Hobart            29                      Cortland                                                                    17            Red Dragons are confused as they keep protecting against the QB run which never happens

Ithaca             42                      Washington and Jefferson                                        28            The Germ is inspired as Roger Goodell attends his alma mater's game, as close as The Germ gets to NFL

RPI                 31                      Grove City                                                                 27             RPI completes the LL post season sweep

**Del Val           21                       Bridgewater                                                             27              Aggies disappoint in Virginia after feeling they got an unfair away game assignment

**Wesley           28                       Framingham State                                                  20              Wolverines continue winning ways and move on

**Salisbury        51                       SUNY Maritime                                                          7               Seagulls soar in first game

**Brockport       17                      WNE                                                                        14              Brockport defense  wins  hard hitting game

** NCAA games,  Good luck to all post season

I'll go with your Bridgewater score......................but I would have taken DelVal by a TD if the game had been played where it should have been played, in beautiful, bucolic Doylestown, PA.........where if the home you live in ain't at least $750K, you live in the hood. ;)

jam40jeff

Quote from: Bartman on November 22, 2019, 11:06:29 AM
Quote from: Ice Bear on November 22, 2019, 10:43:41 AM

Ice Bear, nice article. This will not be an easy game for the Dutchmen. CWRU is legit in both football and academics. CWRU(#40 Nationl Universities) is very similar to Uof R(#27 National Universities) but with a good D3 football team. No wonder they have some great student athletes. Good luck tomorrow. Bartman is looking for a LL sweep in all post season games.....Go Dutchmen, Statesmen, Bombers and Engineers!

CWRU and Rochester are actually in the same conference for sports not named football, the UAA.  It is referred to as the "D3 Ivies".  I believe all 8 schools are ranked in the top 50 in the country in any division for academics.

There were only 5 member schools with football programs, but Rochester always played in the LL for football, so only 4 were official football playing members.  (Carnegie Mellon, WUStL, CWRU, and UofChicago...Brandeis, Emory, and NYU do not have teams.). Wanting an automatic qualifier, the 4 teams split, with 2 going to the PAC and the other 2 going somewhere else west (yeah I'm too lazy to look it up).

And that concludes my "more information than you cared about" post for the day.