FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulbakdad

Did Norwich have a couple coaches leave with short notice?  Just saw a posting and filling of 2 fulltime positions on Football Scoop....

ITH radio

Yes, they did. Left for "better" (i.e., upper division) roles according to the HC. I spoke to him as part of the NEWMAC KO preview. Seems like he's filled the jobs and the new coaches are getting up to speed. NU will be a tough out again this season.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

albatross

Howdy from the "South" region of the boards! I'm a recently graduated player from the SAA and I've just moved to DC. I'm really interested in checking out the two teams in the city when the season gets going. Anyone here been to a game at Catholic that can speak to the atmosphere/experience?

HSCTiger74

Quote from: albatross on August 19, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
Howdy from the "South" region of the boards! I'm a recently graduated player from the SAA and I've just moved to DC. I'm really interested in checking out the two teams in the city when the season gets going. Anyone here been to a game at Catholic that can speak to the atmosphere/experience?

You might do better to ask this on the ODAC board, since that has been Catholic's football affiliation for the 15 years years prior to the switch.
TANSTAAFL

albatross

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on August 19, 2017, 11:39:05 PM
Quote from: albatross on August 19, 2017, 11:08:09 AM

You might do better to ask this on the ODAC board, since that has been Catholic's football affiliation for the 15 years years prior to the switch.

good catch!

ITH radio

If you're in DC it may be worth checking the calendar to see home games by teams like Hopkins, CNU, Salisbury and Frostburg over in MD. A bit longer of a drive, but all very strong programs that would be fun to see in person.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

H.C.Mosely1895

I lived a couple blocks away from CNU for the past few years and it's definitely a great DIII environment, but it's about 2.5 hours from D.C. And that's with good traffic on 95.

However, I made the drive to D.C. twice during ,y time in Newport News to see Norwich play Gallaudet. When you're talking about great DIII football environments it's probably not at the front of most people's minds, but it's definitely a unique experience and worth checking out at least once. Haven't been to Catholic.

albatross

Quote from: H.C.Mosely1895 on August 24, 2017, 05:35:18 PM
I lived a couple blocks away from CNU for the past few years and it's definitely a great DIII environment, but it's about 2.5 hours from D.C. And that's with good traffic on 95.

However, I made the drive to D.C. twice during ,y time in Newport News to see Norwich play Gallaudet. When you're talking about great DIII football environments it's probably not at the front of most people's minds, but it's definitely a unique experience and worth checking out at least once. Haven't been to Catholic.

Hoping to pick the best home game for each that are actually in the District...thanks for the heads up! JHU is the one I might make the trek for...pretty easy transportation wise to find a route to baltimore

HSCTiger74

Quote from: albatross on August 25, 2017, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: H.C.Mosely1895 on August 24, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Hoping to pick the best home game for each that are actually in the District...thanks for the heads up! JHU is the one I might make the trek for...pretty easy transportation wise to find a route to baltimore

If you think that Baltimore's worth a trip you might also check out Stevenson. They're a team on the rise, they play in a good league, and (although I've never been there) their football facilities are supposed to be top-flight.
TANSTAAFL

d3fan142511

Coast Guard over Alfred State (Score in ECFC Thread)

MIT over Becker (Score in CCC Thread)

WPI over Anna Maria (SCore in ECFC Thread)

SUNY Maritime over Maine Maritime (Score in ECFC Thread)

Norwich vs Morrisville - Norwich 27-21

WNEC over Springfield ( Score in CCC Thread)

Misericordia vs Merchant Marine - Merchant Marine 24-10

Catholic vs McDaniel - Catholic 24-21

H.C.Mosely1895

After following the ECFC for the past few years, I honestly don't know enough about some of these teams to make honest predictions for this week, but I am stoked for the NEWMAC to begin play. What an awesome conference with awesome member institutions. Newmacsports.com has a roughly 2-minute preview for each team that I am going through and finding helpful in trying to get a little more oriented with the new league. This league has a lot of storied rivalries and the potential for some new rivalries as well. Coast Guard v. King's Point being on ESPN at the end of the year is great for league, and for DIII in general!

2017 NEWMAC Football Preseason Poll
Rank (First Place Votes)
1.Springfield (6)
2. Merchant Marine (2)
3. WPI
4. Norwich
5. MIT
T6. Catholic
T6. Coast Guard
8. Maine Maritime

Pat Coleman

Quote from: H.C.Mosely1895 on September 01, 2017, 09:51:45 AM
After following the ECFC for the past few years, I honestly don't know enough about some of these teams to make honest predictions for this week, but I am stoked for the NEWMAC to begin play. What an awesome conference with awesome member institutions. Newmacsports.com has a roughly 2-minute preview for each team that I am going through and finding helpful in trying to get a little more oriented with the new league. This league has a lot of storied rivalries and the potential for some new rivalries as well. Coast Guard v. King's Point being on ESPN at the end of the year is great for league, and for DIII in general!

2017 NEWMAC Football Preseason Poll
Rank (First Place Votes)
1.Springfield (6)
2. Merchant Marine (2)
3. WPI
4. Norwich
5. MIT
T6. Catholic
T6. Coast Guard
8. Maine Maritime

Kickoff would help with that, too.
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2017/08/order-kickoff-2017-now
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

H.C.Mosely1895

5-3 opening weekend, highlighted by Springfield knocking off WNE:

SUNY Maritime 59
Maine Maritime 13

Morrisville St. 34
Norwich 20

Springfield 35
WNE 20

USMMA 56
Misericordia 35

McDaniel 30
Catholic 10

MIT 28
Becker 0

WPI 48
Anna Maria 0

Coast Guard 34
Alfred St. 7

H.C.Mosely1895

The Hoffman Cup, traditionally played between St. Lawrence and Merchant marine, transfers to between SLU and Norwich this year. NU and SLU have played against each other for 40 straight years, and the move honors the original purpose of the trophy: http://www.norwichathletics.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20170907nttu7p

Also, the game marks the start of three straight trophy games for the Cadets, with the Maple Sap Bucket (Castleton) and The Mug (Coast Guard) up next.

There's nothing better in college football than trophy games.