BB: Regionals (New York) Auburn NY '08, SUNY-Old Westbury '09, Cortland State '10, '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

Quote from: John McGraw on May 21, 2011, 01:45:03 PM
Quote from: theguru25 on May 21, 2011, 01:13:45 PM
Cortland strikes in the top of the first on an error by the pitcher, sac bunt, infield single, then sac fly.

1-0 heading to bottom 1

Looks like Cortland is saving Mahay for a possible game with Keystone later today with Hartling on the mound. I would guess if Cortland forces a winner-take-all game then that would be Ratliff maybe coming back on three days' rest.
I have to agree with you.

rob

Cortland tacks on 2 more in the top of the 5th inning.  Extends their lead to 6-0.

theguru25

Brockport clawing back into the game with 3 in the 5th. Scoreless top half for Cortland as they lead 6-3 going into the bottom of the 6th

rob

Championship game is set as Cortland defeats Brockport 9-4.
Cortland must beat Keystone today at 5:00 to force a second game tomorow.  Keystone only needs to win today to advance to Wisconsin.

rob

Champioship Game today will begin at 4:40.

magicman

Cortland leads Keystone 4-1 through 5 and a half innings, but Keystone trying to rally in the bottom of the 6th as the 1st 2 hitters get singles and advance to 2nd and 3rd on a fielding error. Next batter grounds out to 2nd but a run scores on the groundout making it 4-2 with a runner on 3rd. Pinch hitter comes up for Keystone and singles in another run making it 4-3. Next batter grounds to 2nd and the Red Dragons turn the 4-6-3 double play to keep the lead going into the top of the 7th.

magicman

Keystone scores a run in the bottom of the 7th to tie Cortland at 4-4. C'mon Red Dragons, need some runs here to put this game away.

theguru25

Keystone wins 5-4 in walk off fashion with 2 outs.

Joe Brown ejected after an unconverted double play controversy

magicman

Keystone scores a run in the bottom of the 9th to win the regional. Coach Brown is tossed after he argues a safe call on first that cost the Red Dragons a double play, which would have ended the inning. Next batter singles and scores a runner that was on third, giving Keystone a 5-4 win.

onesix3

Now that's funny!And the little kangaroo in the pouch says me too!Keystone...awesome!!

ballsy

Did JB take his ball and bat and go home......should have been more concerned about the obvious missed sign on the throw down pick off at first.......

Baseball Coach Toledo

ballsy,

your not talking about when a balk was called which would then be a dead ball stopping the game are you? that would be a misinterpretation of what actually happened. good try though

ballsy

Keystone opened the deciding ninth inning on a strikeout before senior left fielder Roberto Santana reached base on a single to left field. Cortland attempted to pick off Santana at first, but with no one covering the throw, he advanced to second on the throwing error on a dead play. The Red Dragons intentionally walked Henry before Vega reached on a fielder's choice (Henry out at second and Santana moved to third), beating the relay throw to prevent the double play, to set up Torres' game winning hit..........this is what i was talking about......Best team won

Baseball Coach Toledo

ballsy,

I might be mistaken, although I was there. I do believe that the inning happened like this. Siano K's, Santana singled, Santana moved to second on the balk, a throw was made put after the play was stopped. Henry was intentionally walked. Vega hit the ground ball to SS for the controversial double play ball. Torres then singled with 1st and third.

ballsy, are you another Cortland hater or actually an educated baseball guy?

ballsy

JB hater,   know a little about the game though