MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madzillagd

Quote from: Gray Fox on April 02, 2014, 04:01:41 PM
I understand that Sports Illustrated has an interesting story on Haverford basketball from a few years ago.  My friend was reading it to me and couldn't stop laughing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/longform/haverford/index.html

Nice article.  Happen to have a couple friends out here in Sacramento that went there, wife graduated in 97 I believe and I think he was a few years before that so they were all passing it around to all their friends and knew most of the folks mentioned. 

ronk

FYI - recruits listed for F&M and Ursinus on D3bballrecruits web site.

Reserved Seat

Ronk, that's only a partial list, and there's a transfer from Rice.  He was recruited to come to F&M last year, but he wanted to try D1.  There should be about 10 new players trying out.

Reserved Seat

givengo

Shouldn't the conference playoff site be listed as TBD instead of at F & M?  I understand that the Centennial conference is based out of the F &M campus, but playoffs were not held there last season and who knows where they'll be this year! C'mon F & M, let's not willfully misinform the public...

Pat Coleman

Looks like it's since been removed. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Reserved Seat

I don't know what schedule givengo is looking at, but the same comments were made last year by someone.  I've never seen the play-offs listed at F&M, and I looked the day the schedule was posted.

mailsy

Nice story. Thanks for sharing it.  :) +1
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

givengo

Quote from: Reserved Seat on August 01, 2014, 05:02:58 PM
I don't know what schedule givengo is looking at, but the same comments were made last year by someone.  I've never seen the play-offs listed at F&M, and I looked the day the schedule was posted.
Followed the link you posted (thank you) and there it was.  It has since been removed, and it was good of the website people to remove it.  Followers of other Centennial conference teams would verify that the schedule has been that way at the onset for the past several years.  The topic has been raised in conversation off line among fans who go the Centennial website when planning to drive to a game in Lancaster. 

DipsWin13

Pretty cool news out of F&M, where the team is taking a trip to Costa Rica through Oct. 15.  Also,:

QuoteOn Sunday, the Diplomats take on San Ramon, one of the top professional teams in Costa Rica. The game should prove to be a memorable one for F&M as former Diplomat Georgio Milligan '12 starts at point guard for San Ramon. Milligan graduated from F&M as the most decorated player in school history and the program's all-time leading scorer.

Hope there's video there, I know it would be a blast to see Georgio play again, and against his former team too!

http://www.godiplomats.com/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/releases/20141010pdsz2b

mailsy

Thanks for sharing those articles. It's always great see articles about former DIII players playing professionally. Especially players from the Mid Atlantic region. +1
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Reserved Seat

F&M held their Blue/White scrimmage yesterday.  It looks like a very young team with a lot of potential.  Eight new members