BB: Regionals (Mid-Atlantic) Newark '08, Lakewood '09, Trenton '10, Kean '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Here is the message board for postings related to the Newark NJ Regional.

Knightstalker

The regional is being held in a great little ball park.  Should be a fun ticket.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

baseballislife6

I'm confused.  I think the d3baseball scoreboard (and probably live stats) has the score backwards in the TCNJ/Rowan game right now.  The announcers are talking like Rowan is winning 3-1, but the scoreboard says 3-1 TCNJ.  Does anyone know anything about this?

baseballislife6

Quote from: baseballislife6 on May 18, 2008, 12:52:26 PM
I'm confused.  I think the d3baseball scoreboard (and probably live stats) has the score backwards in the TCNJ/Rowan game right now.  The announcers are talking like Rowan is winning 3-1, but the scoreboard says 3-1 TCNJ.  Does anyone know anything about this?

It was fixed.  Never mind!

Ralph Turner

RSSmith

It should be an interesting time at the Lakewood, NJ (Mid-Atlantic) Regional.  I assume it will be an 8-team tournament with 6 Pool A bids (Centennial/Hopkins, NJAC/William Patterson or TCNJ, AMCC/Flipacoin, CASC/probably Keystone, MAC Freedom/Flipacoin2, MAC Commonwealth/Elizabethtown), 1 or 0 Pool B (York), and 1 or 2 Pool C (Kean, Montclair State, PSU Behrend, or Keystone if they lose).  No real room for imports here.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

Pat Coleman

Kind of quiet here so far but I thought I would get this topic started as a new discussion for 2009.

You can also join us on the Daily Dose for discussion of all eight regionals. Follow along with us or contribute items from games you're following.

http://www.d3sports.com/dailydose/2009/05/13/regionals-underway/

Not to squelch discussion here at all, please continue! Just hoping to get occasional contributions from those following the games.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

phil

Not a banner day for the two Penn State teams as they managed 6 hits combined – while TCNJ and Kean scored 23 runs.
Their lone run on the day scored on a TCNJ balk.

d3baseballnut

Alright everyone-

We have to get some discussion going....here is my guess for the regional that comes out tonight:

1. JHU
2. Kean
3. Widener
4. Alvernia
5. Rowan
6. PS-Behrend
7. Moravian
8. Manhattanville

I think Keystone will get shipped to the NY region. And don't be surprised if they win it.

RSSmith

Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 16, 2010, 11:37:31 AM
Alright everyone-

We have to get some discussion going....here is my guess for the regional that comes out tonight:

1. JHU
2. Kean
3. Widener
4. Alvernia
5. Rowan
6. PS-Behrend
7. Moravian
8. Manhattanville

I think Keystone will get shipped to the NY region. And don't be surprised if they win it.

Here's my guess:

First Round Mid-Atlantic Regional

#1 Johns Hopkins vs. #8 Moravian
#2 Kean vs. #7 Manhattanville
#3 Widener vs. # 6 Frostburg State/Penn State-Behrend
#4 Alvernia vs. #5 Keystone

Rowan to NY

d3baseballnut

Yea, that's very possible.

It will probably be one of the two. I dont think that messes with the overall structure of the seedings though. You know?

d3baseballnut

Hopkins plays at 1:15 on Wed.

If they win: 4:30 Thurs

if they lose: 1:15 thurs.

schedule is in the handbook and is standard across all 8-team regionals.

d3baseballnut

Some hot teams come into the Mid-Atlantic Regional:

#1 Hopkins - 32-1 in last 33 games

#2 Kean - 18-1 in last 19 games

#5 Keystone - 22-2 in last 24 games

RSSmith

RSSmith

Keystone clocks Alvernia 13-3 in game #1.  You saw that coming, didn't you, Nut?