MBB: Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference

Started by upb88, March 04, 2005, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is nearly time to tip up the ball on the NCAA Division III Basketball Tournaments. Who will end up in Grand Rapids and Salem with a chance at a national title?

On Thursday's nights Hoopsville, Dave McHugh gives his preview of the two tournaments and who may be the surprises, who can pull off an upset, who are the favorites to make a run, and who just might walk away with the walnut and bronze.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs LIVE starting at 7:00 PM ET from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/mar2 --- or via the simulcast on Facebook Live. If you miss the show live, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcasts.

The show is jammed packed with guests, but Dave will also have time for your questions. Make sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. You can also tweet them to us.

And please consider helping Hoopsville stay on the air like you might help your public television station. The annual fundraising campaign was extended a few days because we had only raised 52% of our goal. Click the following link for more information and to make a donation: Hoopsville Fundraising Page

Guests scheduled (in order of appearance):
- Carl Danzig, Scranton men's coach
- Abby Pyzik Smith, Lynchburg women's coach
- Brad Fischer, No. 13 UW-Oshkosh women's coach
- Michael Blaine, Medialle men's coach
- Jeff Brown, No. 6 Middlbury men's coach
- Cameron Hill, No. 7 Trinity (Texas) women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Fundraiser: https://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser-2017

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

DanThomas

Hey everyone,
Don't know if anyone remembers me from years past but its Dan Thomas from (Australia). Was just writing to see how the league is going these days. Is there any chance of links to watch some of the conference games, especially between rivalries such as Behrend and Pitt. Must say I have had a nice read through these topics and good to know someone valued the efforts of us Student Athletes.

As for myself, I am currently playing professionally in Australia and before that was in Europe plying my trade, in Croatia, Denmark and Germany. Its been one heck of a ride from being a D3 Baller to then pushing myself to compete at a very high level in Europe. I hope all is well and look forward to many more chats about the current state of the AMCC.

Hopefully get a chance to get back and see some games one day, never know. Miss college ball tremendously at times.

Talk soon

Dan Thomas
(Perth, Australia)
UPB PG#34
2003-2007

Pat Coleman

Welcome to the board! What's pro ball in Australia like?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DanThomas

Pat,
Basketball is going great right now. Level isn't the same as NBA, clearly not, but very high quality and we get some very good Americans out here. We are allowed two per team. Feel free to follow on instagram and can always keep up to date with stuff going on down my way in Perth.

dt_from_the_fre

We are just in to the fresh season now and have lost some crucial players to retirement after winning our third championship. We are currently sitting in 6th overall and looking to push for a top four finish by seasons end to ensure home playoff births.

Hope all is well in the AMCC.

DT,

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is now or never.

The last week of the Division III basketball regular season is here. Conferences will decide who will earn automatic bids to the NCAA Tournaments and teams try and position themselves for at-large bids, hosting opportunities, and bracketing considerations.

For teams who have been faltering, this is the last chance to right the ship. For programs which have underachieved, this is the last opportunity to live up to expectations. And of course for those with Cinderella dreams, this is the chance to try on the glass slipper.

Sunday's Hoopsville will cover it all in a special, extended, episode which for the first time (outside of Marathon programming) will feature a guest from each of the eight regions. We will also discuss which teams may be on the bubble, who has most likely secured at-large bid, and which teams need to win the AQs. Plus, we talk about how regions as we know it now could very well change in the future.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show will hit the air at 6:00 p.m. ET. It can be watched live right here: http://bit.ly/2EeG5ZE (and simulcast on Facebook Live and Periscope).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Katherine Bixby, Johns Hopkins women's coach
- Jonathan Crosthwaite, Occidental men's junior
- Marc Brown, NJCU men's coach
- Justin LeBlanc, Millsaps women's coach
- Jamie Seward, SUNY New Paltz women's coach
- Marcos Echevarria, No. 17 Nichols men's senior
- Herman Carmichael, La Roche men's coach
- Klay Knueppel, Wisconsin Luthern women's coach
- Brad Bankston, ODAC Commissioner
- Pat Coleman & Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com (Bubble Talk)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

deiscanton

There was an extended delay at halftime of the AMCC women's title game due to a power outage at the  La Roche campus in Pittsburgh.  Men's title game now has a 6 PM Eastern tip time. 

La Roche ranked #5 in Great Lakes.
PSU Behrend is a declared ECAC bid candidate-- if the Lions win tonight, they are automatically withdrawn from ECAC consideration.

deiscanton

Congrats to PSU Behrend on winning the AMCC AQ and not having to go to ECACs for the third year in a row.

kiltedbryan

PSU Behrend 70
Hamilton 72

Behrend gave #10 Hamilton everything they could handle and more tonight. Behrend opened with an 8-0 lead and Hamilton was chasing the entire game until taking their first lead with under 2 minutes to go.

The final 30 seconds were a madhouse: Behrend had the ball down one and turned it over. Tim Doyle of Hamilton made two FTs to give them a 3 point lead. Behrend's inbounds play was thrown directly out-of-bounds, seemingly sealing it for Hamilton, but then they turned over the ensuing inbounds. Behrend had the ball back with 17 seconds left down 3, and Hamilton had fouls to give. Well, Tim Doyle practically tackled Andy Niland, earning an intentional foul. Niland, a 92% FT shooter, made 1-2. Behrend then missed two layups that would've tied the game in the final seconds for the heartbreaking loss.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The 2019-20 season may end up seeing a lot of Division III coaches hit significant milestones throughout. On Sunday's Hoopsville, Dave chats with three coaches who have already won milestone games this season.

Whether it's 500 or 600, the milestone is a sign of a coach who not only has been coaching a long time, but also successful at coaching. That is certainly the case for the three coaches on Sunday' show.

Plus, we look ahead at the final Top 25 polls before the holidays. Who might move up or down and which teams should either get more or less attention.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Sunday's show On Demand in the following ways:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/2RWf5FE (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/dec15)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Grey Giovanine, Augustana men's head coach
- Dave Niland, PSU-Behrend men's head coach
- Mary Beth Spirk, Moravian women's head coach
- Ryan Scott, Top 25 Double-Take

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh