FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

This week's game between Methodist and CNU scares me! I think it will be one of those games where the team with the ball last will win.  CNU is averaging 31 PPG. Methodist 32.  CNU is giving up 35 PPG, Methodist 36. 

This game will be in the 40's for both teams, if not higher.

Scots13

Quote from: CNU85 on September 22, 2014, 02:13:16 PM
This week's game between Methodist and CNU scares me! I think it will be one of those games where the team with the ball last will win.  CNU is averaging 31 PPG. Methodist 32.  CNU is giving up 35 PPG, Methodist 36. 

This game will be in the 40's for both teams, if not higher.

Jesus. Talk about matching up. Hopefully CNU avenges last years loss and give another team a conference lost. Maryville has it's hands full this week with huntingdon. We need all the help with can get with the way out special teams are.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Hawks88

Quote from: Scots13 on September 22, 2014, 02:21:03 PM
We need all the help with can get with the way out special teams are.
You think you have special teams problems? Pardon me if I don't feel sorry for you.  ;)

Go Hawks!

Scots13

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 22, 2014, 02:58:43 PM
You think you have special teams problems? Pardon me if I don't feel sorry for you.  ;)

Go Hawks!

We might be in for a barn burner Saturday. It leaves a bad taste you your mouth when you give up 17 points and 14 because of returns. The defense has only given up 3 tds through three weeks.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Hawks88

Quote from: Scots13 on September 22, 2014, 03:27:27 PM
Quote from: Hawks88 on September 22, 2014, 02:58:43 PM

Go Hawks!

We might be in for a barn burner Saturday. It leaves a bad taste you your mouth when you give up 17 points and 14 because of returns. The defense has only given up 3 tds through three weeks.
At least our coverage has been okay. It's the kicking part we seem to be having trouble with.

tigerfanalso

Narch

What is your take on your big game vs. CNU ?

narch

Quote from: tigerfanalso on September 24, 2014, 04:21:11 PM
Narch

should be a good one...if mu can score more points than cnu, i think they'll win :)

mu has their first-ever 2 game win streak vs. cnu and has won 3 of the last 5 contests with the captains, but the three wins in that time period were by a combined total of 5 points - the two mu losses were by much more than that - the last five years tell us that if mu wins, it will be close and if cnu wins it could be ugly for monarch fans - i think this could be a close, high-scoring affair

the mu offense needs to get going...despite scoring 30 ppg and putting up 472 ypg, the offense really hasn't looked like it is running on all 12 cylinders (yes, the monarch offense is a V12 :))...this weekend would be a good weekend to find that rhythm and get the offense humming - i hope that mu can run 85+ plays and get the tempo game going...i'm not sure cnu can handle that kind of tempo if mu can convert 3rd downs and go fast

broken record alert....the monarch defense needs to gear up, as well - over the last few years, i've  actually felt like mu matched up better with cnu defensively than almost any other team, because cnu struggled to throw the ball and that's the achilles for the mu defense, but it seems morrast has turned a corner, completing a high percentage and making their throwing game respectable - he still is prone to throwing the ball to the other team, but he is much more dangerous if he's complementing his legs with his arm

should be a fun game to watch!

CNU85

Quote from: narch on September 24, 2014, 10:53:43 PM
Narch

should be a good one...if mu can score more points than cnu, i think they'll win :)

mu has their first-ever 2 game win streak vs. cnu and has won 3 of the last 5 contests with the captains, but the three wins in that time period were by a combined total of 5 points - the two mu losses were by much more than that - the last five years tell us that if mu wins, it will be close and if cnu wins it could be ugly for monarch fans - i think this could be a close, high-scoring affair

the mu offense needs to get going...despite scoring 30 ppg and putting up 472 ypg, the offense really hasn't looked like it is running on all 12 cylinders (yes, the monarch offense is a V12 :))...this weekend would be a good weekend to find that rhythm and get the offense humming - i hope that mu can run 85+ plays and get the tempo game going...i'm not sure cnu can handle that kind of tempo if mu can convert 3rd downs and go fast

broken record alert....the monarch defense needs to gear up, as well - over the last few years, i've  actually felt like mu matched up better with cnu defensively than almost any other team, because cnu struggled to throw the ball and that's the achilles for the mu defense, but it seems morrast has turned a corner, completing a high percentage and making their throwing game respectable - he still is prone to throwing the ball to the other team, but he is much more dangerous if he's complementing his legs with his arm

Should be an awesome game! Family weekend so the crowd should near or top 6,000. Fireworks gets them in every time!! And yes Morrast is throwing a lot more this year. 50-78 if I can add properly. The reason for that is the new QB coach who also calls the plays. The man has a ton of experience with D1 and the CFL (was head coach of Toronto for a bit).

The D is perplexing. I can't understand what is happening. 8 returning starters. Were the 3 losses that huge???

Also - Maryville fans.....I just booked my hotel for the game in November! I've never been...should be fun.

jknezek

Quote from: CNU85 on September 25, 2014, 08:10:06 AM
[
Also - Maryville fans.....I just booked my hotel for the game in November! I've never been...should be fun.

You're going to like Maryville's campus. Plus you can spend some time in the Smokey Mountains before or after the game. Well worth the trip!

Scots13

Narch

Should be an awesome game! Family weekend so the crowd should near or top 6,000. Fireworks gets them in every time!! And yes Morrast is throwing a lot more this year. 50-78 if I can add properly. The reason for that is the new QB coach who also calls the plays. The man has a ton of experience with D1 and the CFL (was head coach of Toronto for a bit).

The D is perplexing. I can't understand what is happening. 8 returning starters. Were the 3 losses that huge???

I suggest driving the parkway. It's about ten minutes from campus and has pull offs on both sides of the road. One side toward maryville/Knoxville and you can basically see all the way to Kentucky and the other side is miles and miles of mountains and valleys(and NC). It's a really realizing drive.

You can make the round trip (321/parkway/411) in about an hour. Many a nights were spent making that trip during the school year with just a diet Mountain Dew, can of Copenhagen and a crazy roommate playing dj.
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

jbyrd

Big game this week! Every game now is basically a one game championship. Win the rest and you control your own fate. It has been nearly 10 years since I have suited up for Methodist and I still have a hate for CNU haha! One of the few places I never got a win.

CNU85

Quote from: Scots13 on September 25, 2014, 10:23:15 AM
Narch

I suggest driving the parkway. It's about ten minutes from campus and has pull offs on both sides of the road. One side toward maryville/Knoxville and you can basically see all the way to Kentucky and the other side is miles and miles of mountains and valleys(and NC). It's a really realizing drive.

You can make the round trip (321/parkway/411) in about an hour. Many a nights were spent making that trip during the school year with just a diet Mountain Dew, can of Copenhagen and a crazy roommate playing dj.

I'm actually going to stay in Pigeons Forge. My daughter is in the Christmas show at the Opry. Thanks for the tips! I'm looking forward to the trip.

CNU85

Quote from: jknezek on September 25, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
[

You're going to like Maryville's campus. Plus you can spend some time in the Smokey Mountains before or after the game. Well worth the trip!

I'm going to drive out on Thursday and stay until Sunday!

jknezek

Quote from: jknezek on September 25, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
[

If you get good weather take the drive to Cades Cove. If you don't get good weather the aquarium in Gatlinberg is excellent. Eat at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. Go on a weekday since the wait can get ridiculous on weekends. My family goes every year for a few days, so if you want some other Pigeon Forge/Gatlinberg ideas let me know. Avoid the Jurassic Park ride at all costs. Just a waste of money...

Scots13

NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!