WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

anyone know what "number" assistant Dipillo was at SHU?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Saratoga as for Roman starting she had Payonk and Mesaris in Front of her as Sophomore.Which wasnt bad.Trevor is a good coach that made the transition from being a good coach at Misericordia to being great coach at The U because of the program of the Lady Royals that was built by Coach Strong.So all I'm saying is everything was in place when he came(Trevor) to Scranton just like Coach Dipillo.

saratoga

When you say Trevor had 3 All-Americans waiting for him that's a little misleading.

He actually only had Sarah.

Alexix became one under his watch. Prior to Trevor arriving, she was a sub the previous year.

And Bridget was a wide eyed freshman Trevor's first year that was developed into an All-American under him.

The reality is the coach before Trevor had essentially the same team (minus Bridget) but with the All-American Meredith plus an All-Conference senior point & they not only couldn't win a single NCAA tournament game (Eastern Conn.) but they couldn't even win the Landmark (CUA).

The reality is, having talent is one thing, being able to blend those talents together and have the ability to coach kids up to an even higher level, make instant in-game changes & modify the game plan at halftime is a talent many coaches never master.

Trevor not only could bring talented kids together, he was excellent at game preparation, organization & adjustments.

I can assure you the team that couldn't win the Landmark or win a first round NCAA game the year before his arrival would have been a Final Four possibility under him.

Many coaches have things in place for them upon their arrival, very few are able to then accomplish what Trevor did. He took a very good program & made it outstanding.

The bar has been set extremely high, let's see what happens in the next chapter.

Rofrog

Final statement why couldnt he do that at Misericordia then?He goes into Bucknell losing I think 5 seniors from that 24-5 team so I think  he lost 3 starters we will see how great he is.If he is what you say he is he should have no problem then.Back to Royals basketball .

Rofrog

One other thing you have to have is luck sometimes. If CNU makes them FT he is  sitting home again.So finally things fell in place last year ,which was exciting for the Lady Royals.

ronk

Saratoga,
  Agree with your analysis of Trevor's coaching; would add the handling of the transition(players facing 3rd coach in 3 years, from 'your' team to 'our' team) - very important for the succeeding success of the 4 years. Hope the new coach can similarly make this transition.
   Don't know anything about him, separate from the news release; will try to meet him in July at big national AAU tourney @ National Harbor, MD, similar to meeting Trevor 4 years ago.
  May be interesting to speculate on his future fulltime assistant; Meredith Mesaris appears to be set up for Williams, already?

ronk

Univ of Scranton tweet yesterday(Father's Day) appears to be Hannah Angelini and dad - 1 of Lady Royals' incoming frosh

https://twitter.com/univofscranton/status/1140258371347591174/photo/1

saratoga

Ro:

At Bucknell, Trevor will lose 5 seniors, 3 of which started & another got significant minutes.
With that about to happen you expect him to show how great a coach he is?
Why don't you suggest he play with a roster of 6 players with each starting the game with 3 fouls on them?

Give him 2 full years of recruiting, then we'll talk.

As for, "If CNU makes them FT he is sitting home again".

What?

When did the Lady Royals ever "sit at home" under Trevor?

*Elite 8
*Sweet 16
*Sweet 16
*Final Four

I think you've got the men's team mixed up in that statement.

And, then there's "Finally, things fell into place last year".

Finally???

Again, Elite 8, Sweet 16, Sweet 16 & Final Four.

I think things were falling in place just fine with records of:

*30-1

*26-4

*28-2

*29-3

The guy can flat out coach & that's why he's been offered the head job at a great D-1 school after only 4 years of coaching women.

Think about this...six league losses in 4 years.

Scranton's loss is clearly Bucknell's gain.

Rofrog

The same should be for this coach also give him a couple years!!

Rofrog

Today was Coach Dipillo first day!!!Welcome to Scranton Coach! and go get em.

ronk

6 1/2 weeks since Jim Reed stepped down @ Susquehanna; 3 1/2 since Carla Berube hired @ Princeton.

Tim the Enchanter

Quote from: ronk on June 23, 2019, 09:14:15 PM
6 1/2 weeks since Jim Reed stepped down @ Susquehanna; 3 1/2 since Carla Berube hired @ Princeton.

Tufts has their coach now:  https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2019/06/tufts-pace-hire

Any insight out of Selinsgrove?

ronk

They've decided to back to their roots - Amos Alonzo Stagg coming back after an absence of 90 years.   ;D

saratoga

I'm hearing there is no UofS presence at the huge showcase this weekend at Spooky Nook in Manheim.

That's not good...hope that info is inaccurate.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on July 06, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

I'm hearing there is no UofS presence at the huge showcase this weekend at Spooky Nook in Manheim.

That's not good...hope that info is inaccurate.

I usually go to that one, even spending an overnighter in past years, but most of the good programs are going to Louisville and Chicago this weekend, instead, so I declined this year. There happens to be a tourney in King of Prussia this weekend, also, and they have more quality teams than @ Spooky Nook. Maybe, Nick is there. I can't tell which coaches are @ KOP, unlike Spooky Nook.
   It's been 2 weeks since the assistant coach position closed; hopefully, we hear soon; this is the prime evaluating period.