WBB: Midwest Conference

Started by jeffdc, February 05, 2005, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viking68

Congrats, Redhawks!! Good luck on Saturday...

Early

Let's go Hawks.  See you at Stout!
Ray, when a supernatural being asks if you are a god....YOU SAY YES!!!

classy_vike

Did you kids see that RC game??!!  It was amazingly intense!  What a great way to start NCAA tournament play.  Very excited about the Stout game.  I don't know much about their team, but our MWC rep RC looks like they are ready to go.  Good luck at Stout!
Yeah Red - Yeah Hawks  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

viking68

Wouldn't it be nice for the MWC to send TWO WIAC teams home this weekend?! I'm rooting for the Ripon women to knock off Stout and (of course) my Viking men to get some revenge against Stevens Point.

Go REDHAWKS!!

jeff p

Congratulations to Grinnell College and to Marie Opsal-Lister who was just named assistant coach for the women's basketball program. This will be a great addition to the coaching staff and the community. Marie graduated from Grinnell in 2003 and brings lots of experience and great attitude to the program.

Shadow Lives! :-)

hjmphelp

Saw a very promising Grinnell team last night in a scrimmage with Coe. Great quickness, very agressive inside which could help make up for the lack of height. I think this team will compete for a spot in the conference tourney this year!

find me a bigger limb, wouldya? :o

scottie

check one two, check one two
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

scottie

Sorry, I'm trying to see how this picture thing works...

Technolgically challenged,

Scottie

scottie

Anything going on, on this board....No....okay.....bye....will check back in a couple of months....

viking68

The Viking women are looking pretty good. They had a good win against IC earlier this year (right before IC knocked off number 1 Millikin). They have a big test at home against the Ripon Red Hawks. Best of luck!

hmm

Confrence is starting to take shape now knowing what teams are doing against confrence teams

ccfan69

Ok, I am from carroll but have yet to see the girls play.  If anyone has seen them this year what are your thoughts?  Think they will win the tourny?

viking68

I haven't seen them play, but based on the score from the LU game last night, Carroll is still not quite good enough to contend. I don't suppose you can really judge a team by one poor (or for that matter one good) performance. But, this is a team that went 8-15 (7-9 conference) last year. While they will be in the MWC tourney, I don't think they have the ability to make a complete turn-around and win the conference this year. It is still a two team race - Ripon v. Lawrence.

hjmphelp

Nice last second Regional win for Grinnell against Iowa Conference Loras last night on a well designed play that caught everyone by surprise. Bowen canned a lay up with .3 seconds left!
Grinnell played LU to within 6 at Larry last weekend so we know they can play with the best in the conference. They have struggled a bit lately, but last nights game hopefully signals a trend!

ccbball

Congratulations to the Carroll College Lady Pioneers!!!  Midwest Conference Champions, and making history!!!  What a great showcase of Women's Basketball in Waukesha this weekend.  You deserve it Pios!!!

21-4 and counting... MWC Champs!!!

Heading to St. Louis for the NCAA Tournament, Good Luck!!!

Go Pios!!!