FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colts183

Quote from: doolittledog on November 04, 2020, 10:11:41 PM
Has anyone heard what the 2021 football schedule will look like?  Will it be played like the 2020 schedule that didn't get played? Or will it be like the 2021 schedule that had been planned?  If it goes like the original 2021 that would mean Dubuque would be playing in Pella for the 4th time in the past 5 games between the 2 schools.  Just curious if anyone out there has heard any news.
Loras plays its first game on the 27th of March at Luther. The other two games are against UD and Wartburg.

doolittledog

Quote from: colts183 on November 09, 2020, 07:17:09 PM
Has anyone heard what the 2021 football schedule will look like?  Will it be played like the 2020 schedule that didn't get played? Or will it be like the 2021 schedule that had been planned?  If it goes like the original 2021 that would mean Dubuque would be playing in Pella for the 4th time in the past 5 games between the 2 schools.  Just curious if anyone out there has heard any news.
Loras plays its first game on the 27th of March at Luther. The other two games are against UD and Wartburg.

Do these actually count as games?  Or are they exhibitions? If Dubuque beats Loras is that their 10th straight in the series or if Loras beats Dubuque have they stopped their 9 game slide?  Or do they end up not counting in the grand scheme of things?
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

colts183

Quote from: doolittledog on November 16, 2020, 10:31:02 AM
Quote from: colts183 on November 09, 2020, 07:17:09 PM

They will count, every team is allowed to add an additional two games but there will be no conference champion regardless.
Do these actually count as games?  Or are they exhibitions? If Dubuque beats Loras is that their 10th straight in the series or if Loras beats Dubuque have they stopped their 9 game slide?  Or do they end up not counting in the grand scheme of things?

doolittledog

Thanks for the info colts183...and I'm curious what multimedia platforms 5wol will branch his brand out to  ;)

The ARC announces their winter and Fall-to-Spring sports schedules.

https://rollrivers.com/news/2020/11/18/football-a-r-c-announces-winter-and-fall-to-spring-sports-schedules.aspx

From the article...
A-R-C football has each school scheduled for three games. Due to how the schedule is structured, the University of Dubuque is scheduled for a fourth game. It will be against Coe College.

In all sports, schools are permitted to schedule non-conference contests as long as the opponent complies with COVID protocols that are equal to those required by the conference.

And the schedule...
03/27/2021
Simpson @ BVU
Luther @ Wartburg
Dubuque @ Coe  1pm

04/03/2021
BVU @ NWU
Simpson @ Central
Loras @ Luther
Wartburg @ Dubuque  1pm

04/10/2021
Central @ NWU
Coe @ Simpson
Dubuque @ Loras  1pm

04/17/2021
NWU @ Coe
Wartburg @ Loras
BVU @ Central
Luther @ Dubuque  1pm

I wonder if Mrs. Doolittle would like to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary 2 days late by taking in the Dubuque @ Coe game in Cedar Rapids  ;D  I'm guessing her answer will be "NO"
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Fannosaurus Rex

Is it just me or did this year when we didn't have a football season, have the best football weather that I can remember?  I sure wish I was sitting out in this sun shine watching Central in a second round playoff game.
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

MUC57

Quote from: Fannosaurus Rex on November 28, 2020, 02:21:00 PM
Is it just me or did this year when we didn't have a football season, have the best football weather that I can remember?  I sure wish I was sitting out in this sun shine watching Central in a second round playoff game.

Rex

Yeah, but they're playing Mount Union in Alliance. Tough game!

Kidding of course. But you sure are right on with the weather. It's been milder here in Ohio than usual.
But, as I always say, "Go Everybody"! 🏈 🍺 😷
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

doolittledog

Quote from: Fannosaurus Rex on November 28, 2020, 02:21:00 PM

I'm hoping for good weather in the spring so we can go to a game or two.  Or maybe I should add hopefully things have calmed down enough that we are allowed to have crowds again by then. 

Outside the Crate

I hope everyone will respond to Pat Coleman's request for support.  Anything will help, and they deserve it.  In fact, it's essential.

doolittledog

Yesterday worked out well for me as a fan.

My Hawkeyes beat Wisconsin 28-7, and I got to watch former Dubuque punter Andy Vujnovich punt 9 times for a 43.7 yard average as a Badger. 

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1337882059201798149

DBQ1965

Quote from: Outside the Crate on December 03, 2020, 05:50:46 PM
I hope everyone will respond to Pat Coleman's request for support.  Anything will help, and they deserve it.  In fact, it's essential.

Just a reminder.  I've done my part.  Have you?
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

Pat Coleman

We definitely have gotten support from A-R-C fans so far!

We are a little more than halfway to our goal for number of Patreon subscribers, so that's great. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

doolittledog

BLynn

From a post on a D2 football thread:  If we had an Iowa 'D3 vs NAIA Challenge', based on last year's records, we'd have (all games played at neutral sites; maybe over 3 or 4 days at one location):

Wartburg-Morningside,
Central-Grand View,
Dubuque-Northwestern,
Coe-Dordt,
Simpson-Clarke
Loras-William Penn
BVU-St Ambrose 
Luther-Briar Cliff

Any thoughts on outcomes?

Baldini

Simulated results based on last years teams.

Morningside 45, Wartburg 27
Grand View 41, Central 21
Northwestern 28, Dubuque 16
Dordt 28, Coe 17
Simpson 35, Clarke 10
William Penn 27, Loras 26
St. Ambrose 41, BVU 14
Briar Cliff 35, Luther 14