BB: E8: Empire 8

Started by maxpower, February 23, 2007, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuba16

I just like when IC loses and it matters not whom they lose to!
Go Cortland State!
In sports it's not how you start, its how you finish!

Spree

ithacas spring trip really doesnt matter.  look at their last 3 years.  2004 they come back from California 5-4. 2005 2-7.  2006 5-3.  Obviously it doesnt really matter what they do out in california.  its a matter of getting sharp by the time they come back east.

and the loss to occidental...no biggie.  Look at the scores the last couple of years. each of the games ithaca won by 3 or less runs.  give me a break.  a loss to occidental is not the end of the world.  coach val usually starts a freshman against oxy anyways. 

superman57

FIRE JIM MULLINS!!!!!

oh wait thats basketball...well Ithaca is still the worst school in the world and they suck at baseball...they are so bad that they shouldn't even be DIII they should be Little League but even then they would only goo .500
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

utilitycat17

Chapman University 5, Ithaca College 3
(Mar 14, 2007 at Orange, CA)
  ------------------------------------------------------------
  Ithaca College...... 002 100 000  -  3  7  0      (1-3)
  Chapman University.. 001 000 04X  -  5 10  0      (16-2)
  ------------------------------------------------------------
  Pitchers: Ithaca College - MAYS; N. SOTTUNG(8); GARDNER(8); MacDANIEL(8).
  Chapman University - Kitchens; Drag(9).
  Win-Kitchens(4-1)  Save-Drag(2)  Loss-N. SOTTUNG  T-2:50  A-105

Chapman had to come back in the eighth.  A much more respectable performance for Ithaca.  Maybe I'll bring the terror level back down to blue, "guarded".

utilitycat17

By the way, I didn't add the happy faces.  I don't know what the problem is.

sjfcards

Fisher's three game series with Muhlenberg was cancelled today and will not be made up. Fisher came back from the spring trip with 4 wins. I was excited to see them get off to a good start on the season.

I would say Ithaca is going to be real tough to beat over the long regular season, but does anybody think Fisher has a shot at the league, or an at large bid this year?
GO FISHER!!!

Jim Dixon

Quote from: utilitycat17 on March 14, 2007, 11:46:05 PM
By the way, I didn't add the happy faces.  I don't know what the problem is.

I don't think the Ithaca pitchers were wearing happy faces.  If an 8 is followed by a ) the software recognizes it as a smiley wearing sunglasses.

John McGraw

From this morning in California

Ithaca 11 Wesleyan 6

-Ithaca scores nine straight runs to eliminate a 6-2 deficit; all 11 runs are scored from the 5th inning on
-IC rips out 13 hits to Wesleyan's 9, but committs three errors
-Jason Friedman had the eventual game-winning RBI in the 7th inning
-Ithaca's deciding rally came in the bottom of the eighth inning, a four run splurge to erase Wesleyan's 6-5 lead
-Six of Ithaca's 11 runs came against the Wesleyan bullpen

*Raux 2-for-3, HR, 2 RBI, 3 R (his best game this year)
*Maya 1-for-5, HR, 2 RBI, R
*Smith 2-for-4, 2 RBI
*Perez 2-for-3, 2 R
*Czerno 1-for-2, 1 RBI
*Friedman 2-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 R
*Bednarcyk and Peters combined 1-for-7
*Gardner - W, 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
*McDaniel 5.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K

Ithaca is playing right now against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps. The Bombers had yesterday off. They end a two-game slide after losses to Oxy and Chapman. Ithaca now 2-3.

John McGraw

Ithaca defeats CMS in the night cap, 15-9. The Bombers are now 3-3. No other details available.

IC plays Whittier at 9:00 AM PST on Saturday. The trip ends on Sunday when the Bombers try to cook the Sagehens of Pomona Pitzer.

Ithaca's northeast opener is against Oswego State on 3/27.

sjfcards

As a guy who lives Cortland (neighbor to Ithaca) and who used to L.A. I think it is cool to see IC make that trip to LA for the spring trip. The wife (an IC grad) and I used to go to some of the Occidental, and Claremont Football, Basketball, baseball games all the time.

It is fun to see them play a team from home and see how they match up. Just a random thought but I would love to see some more cross country trips from more of the area schools.
GO FISHER!!!

JQV

Quote from: John McGraw on March 17, 2007, 12:13:50 AMIthaca's northeast opener is against Oswego State on 3/27.

I just noticed this John.  I am not sure if you were going for the joke here or not but +k nevertheless.  Of course, only you, Max Power, and I probably get it...oh well.  Why do they even put a date on this game?

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Chairman JoseQViper on March 21, 2007, 10:18:52 AM

Quote from: John McGraw on March 17, 2007, 12:13:50 AMIthaca's northeast opener is against Oswego State on 3/27.

I just noticed this John.  I am not sure if you were going for the joke here or not but +k nevertheless.  Of course, only you, Max Power, and I probably get it...oh well.  Why do they even put a date on this game?

Seriously.   All IC non-conference spring dates should be listed as versus the University of Yeah Freaking Right on the 12th of Never.  The game will be moved to Cornell's Schoellkopf Field, then canceled entirely.

The Bombers lost that game to Pomona-Pitzer 4-1.  W-Mandelblatt (Mandelbaum!! Mandelbaum!!) L - Adam Brown; CF Matt Samela with two hits for IC.

realistic

Quote from: Caz Bombers on March 21, 2007, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: Chairman JoseQViper on March 21, 2007, 10:18:52 AM

Seriously.   All IC non-conference spring dates should be listed as versus the University of Yeah Freaking Right on the 12th of Never.  The game will be moved to Cornell's Schoellkopf Field, then canceled entirely.

haha - they should just schedule all at the games in Ithaca.  It always amazed me what the grounds crew guys could do to get games played.  Spring sports in Ithaca is HELL.

Can't be too many schools that have a May 18th Graduation postponed due to snow.

Bob Maxwell

sfj,

All the northeas teams go south or west... most to Florida, some to Phoenix and every year at least one goes to California.  What would be nice is if a western or southern team took a trip through the northeast in April so they could feel what real spring baseball is like... 40 degree temps with 30 degree wind chills in a nice comfortable drizzle...  :-\

On second thought, would be impossible with conference play at that time, so lets just keep going south and west in early March.   ;D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bob Maxwell on March 22, 2007, 05:28:45 PM
sfj,

All the northeas teams go south or west... most to Florida, some to Phoenix and every year at least one goes to California.  What would be nice is if a western or southern team took a trip through the northeast in April so they could feel what real spring baseball is like... 40 degree temps with 30 degree wind chills in a nice comfortable drizzle...  :-\

On second thought, would be impossible with conference play at that time, so lets just keep going south and west in early March.   ;D
I agree.  Let's reciprocate and have New York football teams come to West Texas for an afternoon football game on Labor Day weekend...102 Degrees, Temperature Humidity Index of 110, played on artificial turf!  :D