FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicagoTommie

I agree,  nice words about D3 athletes and the institutions that supports them.
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something." - Dick Butkus

OzJohnnie

Ha. I'm on the train to the office and just had a chuckle.

Mum: "What's a dog say?"

Little girl toddler: "Woof!"

Mum: "What's a cat say?"

Toddler: "Meow!"

Dad: "What's a banana say?"

Toddler: "... uh..."

Makes me chuckle again as I type it up.
[  

OzJohnnie

Yes, the Red Carpet.  That was it.  If my daughters ever hook up with a head banging enthusiast like my wife did then I'll be less that impressed.

And now for some reminiscing...

Football is coming soon to St John's.

And so is autum...

The campus is inviting...  except for the library which has an overwhelming library smell of books from memory.

And it's good to remember the great things about a Catholic university, like Christmas... and Popes!

[  

art76

Quote from: OzJohnnie on June 27, 2015, 08:51:19 AM

Mrs Oz and I used to visit The Red Door, I think. It was the metal/hard rock club with live bands in down town St Cloud. A bit of a drive but I do love my live hard rockin'.

You might enjoy this Oz - my son shared it with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

OzJohnnie

Quote from: art76 on June 30, 2015, 09:50:35 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on June 27, 2015, 08:51:19 AM

Mrs Oz and I used to visit The Red Door, I think. It was the metal/hard rock club with live bands in down town St Cloud. A bit of a drive but I do love my live hard rockin'.

You might enjoy this Oz - my son shared it with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Those guys could stand a chance in the mainstream if the would sing.
[  

OzJohnnie

I've been following the masseyratings.com to help me with my AFL betting (no good so far, but I only bet $1 a week so I'm not putting the college fund at risk.  Yet...).  I just switched over to DIII football to see where he puts the Johnnies in the pre-season and I see it will be blood sport in the MIAC, as if we didn't know that already.

Ignoring the NESCAC which screw up the ratings, he has the MIAC as tough and tight:

SJU       #9
UST       #10
BU         #11
CON      #12

According to Kevin Massey, it's anyone's game in the MIAC this year.  Should be another exciting season of MIAC football.
[  

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: OzJohnnie on July 01, 2015, 02:27:52 AM
I've been following the masseyratings.com to help me with my AFL betting (no good so far, but I only bet $1 a week so I'm not putting the college fund at risk.  Yet...).  I just switched over to DIII football to see where he puts the Johnnies in the pre-season and I see it will be blood sport in the MIAC, as if we didn't know that already.

Ignoring the NESCAC which screw up the ratings, he has the MIAC as tough and tight:

SJU       #9
UST       #10
BU         #11
CON      #12

According to Kevin Massey, it's anyone's game in the MIAC this year.  Should be another exciting season of MIAC football.

Absolutely...Gustavus was competitive last year as well....and if Augsburg can find some defense, they could be dangerous as well...

art76

This was posted earlier today - BU is recruiting some big boys for O Line, with a tight end coming to camp at 270 - yikes.

http://athletics.bethel.edu/news/2015/7/1/FB_0701152901.aspx
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

OzJohnnie

Johnnie Football Leads Division III in Attendance for 18th Time, 13th in Last 14 Seasons

Eight Incoming Johnnies Play in Minnesota All-Star Football Game

EDIT: On the all-stars article there could be a little disappointment at all the players lining up for the defence in the game, although there are three targeted for the Johnnie O.  I note that a phenomenal D was the house on which our glory decade was built.
[  

MadRedFan

Quote from: OzJohnnie on July 01, 2015, 06:07:52 PM
Johnnie Football Leads Division III in Attendance for 18th Time, 13th in Last 14 Seasons

Eight Incoming Johnnies Play in Minnesota All-Star Football Game

EDIT: On the all-stars article there could be a little disappointment at all the players lining up for the defence in the game, although there are three targeted for the Johnnie O.  I note that a phenomenal D was the house on which our glory decade was built.

I'd hoped the St. Cloud Times game story would have mentioned how the Johnnie recruits did.  There was some highlight of the SCSU guys.  Don't know if this was because the SJU guys didn't distinguish themselves, or because Frank R. didn't cover the game.  Or some other reason altogether.

OzJohnnie

The head coach of the Adelaide Crows was murdered last night by his son who also stabbed his mother, although not fatally.  The son was 26. Dang. How does a 26-year-old decide to murder his dad and attempt murder on his mum at 2am?

There's talk of suspending play this weekend. I hope they don't.
[  

OzJohnnie

Play wasn't cancelled. I'm at dinner at the MCG before the game. It's a tough life but someone has to live it.

EDIT: What a game. A four quarter brawl. Hawthorn have won five in a row now and sit clear in fourth position.
[  

carletonknights

Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on July 01, 2015, 10:14:45 AM

SJU       #9
UST       #10
BU         #11
CON      #12

Absolutely...Gustavus was competitive last year as well....and if Augsburg can find some defense, they could be dangerous as well...

I'm on the Gustavus dark horse contender wagon all the way.

carletonknights

Quote from: art76 on July 01, 2015, 03:34:03 PM
This was posted earlier today - BU is recruiting some big boys for O Line, with a tight end coming to camp at 270 - yikes.

http://athletics.bethel.edu/news/2015/7/1/FB_0701152901.aspx

That 240 pound LineBacker looks like a mean dude

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: carletonknights on July 03, 2015, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on July 01, 2015, 10:14:45 AM

SJU       #9
UST       #10
BU         #11
CON      #12

I'm on the Gustavus dark horse contender wagon all the way.

It will be interesting to see if they can manage to get over the SJU - BU - UST hump....They were winning at halftime vs BU and SJU, and it was close with UST...likely had lost some of the wind from their sails after losing to SJU, BU, and CORD in the prior weeks.

vs SJU - Lead at halftime 13-7             29-19 Loss

vs BU - Lead at halftime 13-7              30 - 23 Loss

vs UST - Trail 21-14                           57 - 35 Loss