MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishguy

Quote from: Just Bill on May 17, 2011, 11:23:58 AM

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/daily_updates/article_caa59616-8099-11e0-bb51-001cc4c03286.html

From Twitter. Appears UWEC is in no rush. Or the UW System red tape is holding them up.

If they really wait more than week it wouldn't surprise me if they have to start over. Hire someone, for heaven's sake. I feel bad for the finalists whose names are out there and the kids in the programs of the head coaches who are wondering if they'll be looking for a new head coach soon. UWEC needs to get this wrapped up asap and let people move on with their lives.

bballBG

I heard today that both Tillemas will be playing for UWSP next year.  Still will be a lot of turn around on the roster from the last couple seasons.  Might see some young guys get some decent minutes next year, which I know Semling tries to avoid.  During his time there I can only remember J. Harris getting significant time as a freshman.

haterinthehouse

any news on new assistant at UW-W? saw a report about a high school coach from West Allis

wizbegs1304

Rumor has it Lou Chapman from West Allis Central is the man. UWW is bringing in a lot of new youth, should be interesting to see how they perform with new players and a new head assistant coach.

ShineTime

Whitewater may go unbeaten in the WIAC next year which is unheard of.  Why do they always seem to get the big time recruits?  I still like Point to finish 2nd even without Harris as long as Dan Tillema stays healthy.  Trevor Hass should be an instant starter at Point.  Brezinski is also going to be a solid big guy.  Does anyone have any idea if Jason Ziemer will play or if he's healthy?  He hasn't played the past two seasons so I don't know how good he is now but was told prior to last year that he had a full ride offer to UWGB so he must be pretty talented.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on May 17, 2011, 08:52:10 PM
Whitewater may go unbeaten in the WIAC next year which is unheard of.  Why do they always seem to get the big time recruits?
Don't over-react or anything...... ::)  There hasn't been an undefeated team in WIAC play since Platteville went undefeated in 1997-98 and won the National Championship.  (They actually went undefeated not just in WIAC play, but overall as well.)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

tomt4525

Quote from: ShineTime on May 17, 2011, 08:52:10 PM
Whitewater may go unbeaten in the WIAC next year which is unheard of.  Why do they always seem to get the big time recruits?  I still like Point to finish 2nd even without Harris as long as Dan Tillema stays healthy.  Trevor Hass should be an instant starter at Point.  Brezinski is also going to be a solid big guy.  Does anyone have any idea if Jason Ziemer will play or if he's healthy?  He hasn't played the past two seasons so I don't know how good he is now but was told prior to last year that he had a full ride offer to UWGB so he must be pretty talented.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Whitewater goes undefeated in conference play this coming year, and go ahead and quote me on that one.  They are very talented but will be challenged by Point, River Falls and Platteville.

Just Bill

That was refreshing. We hadn't had a good ol' fashioned ShineTime knee-jerk over-reaction in a while. Kind of comforting in a sad way.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

BuckyC

Quote from: Just Bill on May 17, 2011, 11:23:58 AM
@johncasperjr Former Loyola coach Jim Whitesell has pulled his name from consideration from the UW-Eau Claire MBB job. Four candidates left. #d3h
Tue, May 17 10:05:34 from Twitter for iPhone

@johncasperjr UW-Eau Claire AD Scott Kilgallon said there was never a job offer and hopes to have a decision made "within two weeks." #d3h
Tue, May 17 10:12:19 from Twitter for iPhone

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/daily_updates/article_caa59616-8099-11e0-bb51-001cc4c03286.html

From Twitter. Appears UWEC is in no rush. Or the UW System red tape is holding them up.

relax. UWEC is going to name it's new head coach sometime in the next 48 hours.

chucktab

For some reason, I'm not inclined to believe the Killgallon line about there not being an offer.  I'm guessing they offered and he was hit with the reality of the relatively low salary and declined.  Both parties are trying to save face and this is the story they came up with.  Why else would Whitesell pull his name at this point?

I'm hoping it's either Miller or Green w/ Adrian next in line...

bballfan247365

Mark Miller
@WisBBYearbook Mark Miller:

Kyle Green of Northern Iowa named new coach at UW-Eau Claire today.

10 minutes ago via web.

Wow.....
As long as people continue to believe that anyone can coach - They will also continue to believe that anyone can criticize a coach.

BDB

Former UW-Stout assistant men's basketball coach Oties Epps to be named Head Coach of women's basketball at Evansville.

http://www.gopurpleaces.com/index.aspx?path=wbball

Congrats to a great guy.

chucktab

Quote from: bballfan247365 on May 18, 2011, 02:55:25 PM
Mark Miller
@WisBBYearbook Mark Miller:

Kyle Green of Northern Iowa named new coach at UW-Eau Claire today.

10 minutes ago via web.

Wow.....

Good hire...high energy guy...can recruit...Hopefully he can get it turned around

haterinthehouse

announced on UWEC athletics website that Green is the guy for EC

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.