2016 ?

Started by 2xfaux, August 04, 2016, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2xfaux

Lynchburg looks like the real deal  beating Emory 4-0.

CMU leaves Va. Beach with a win and a loss.

Hopkins ties TCNJ after a long weather delay in the last few seconds of regulation on a PK ouch and we end with 1-1 draw.

Messiah loses to William Smith and is 2-2 (per their website) for the first time since 1998.

And Wheaton drops 2 to fall to 1-4..ugh.

Ron Boerger

Breaking news:   The NCAA will move all championships from North Carolina, including the men's and women's soccer championships originally scheduled for Greensborol

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-relocate-championships-north-carolina-2016-17

2xfaux

Obviously (in my opinion) the NCAA did what they needed to do.  It is a shame.  Cary and Greensboro are great venues and from my experience very friendly and inclusive areas.  I am sure I could have fried okra (it is really good) and beer at most places in Greater Greensboro with Trans friends and nobody would know or care where they relieved themselves.  HB2 goes way beyond the bathroom issue and that is the problem.  I hope to I live to see the day when LGBT folks are just folk.  I am old enough to remember when schools tried to turn us lefties into righties.  My oh my.....  Where will the games be?   Does anyone know??   

The Saint

I heard on the local Louisville radio station that UofL is putting in a bid.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: The Saint on September 13, 2016, 07:19:47 PM
I heard on the local Louisville radio station that UofL is putting in a bid.

I hope that wherever the championships go, there is an actual D3 school behind them.

Ocean 1

Agree with that sentiment!

2xfaux

Wheaton Ill. is now 1-6.  Anyone have a clue as to what is happening there?  Yes they lost to Wash U and Chicago but...

2xfaux

Any word on where the final four is headed?

2xfaux

Help!!  I need a fix.

bricullen

Quote from: 2xfaux on September 26, 2016, 05:57:55 PM

I think I read somewhere that the Final Four is heading to Roanoke VA?  Not sure if I read it correctly.  Does anyone know the number of At Large bids available for the Women's Tournament?

jknezek

Quote from: bricullen on October 13, 2016, 11:07:09 AM

I think I read somewhere that the Final Four is heading to Roanoke VA?  Not sure if I read it correctly.  Does anyone know the number of At Large bids available for the Women's Tournament?

It is. Sadly both Men's and Women's will be played on turf at Roanoke College. Link to the stadium here:
http://www.roanokemaroons.com/facilities/donald-j-kerr-stadium/index

It's a really nice facility, aside from the turf. And the is fairly new and provides a guarantee of surface quality deep in the season. I just don't like soccer on turf.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: bricullen on October 13, 2016, 11:07:09 AM

Yep, the City of Salem (which has a great history of hosting other Div III championships) submitted the winning bid. 

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges/ncaa-division-iii-soccer-finals-moving-to-roanoke-college/article_9b1f5f41-2391-56f3-bc6f-b26efa457d85.html

Per the NCAA Pre-Championship manual (http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016_DIIIMWSoccer_PrechampsManual_20160920.pdf) there are 43 AQs (pool A), 1 pool B, 20 pool C bids, so either 20 or 21 depending on your definition of at-large.   

bricullen

Thanks for the info.  I guess the easiest way in is to just win the conference and not have to worry about it.

2xfaux

Is this the first time the d-3 championship has been played on an artificial surface? 

2xfaux

Tomorrow, when the first NCAA rankings come out some (perhaps many) will insist that the NCAA is rigged.  I, for one, will accept the final outcome in a few weeks and will make the drive to Salem for the crowning of this years champions.  It is how we do things in a civilized world. 

I am 2xfaux and I approved this message.