The Undefeated and the Winless

Started by Greek Tragedy, November 16, 2005, 02:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

YES... The Ott, the Big O, Otterbein, gets off the list!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

Did anybody else notice that WINLESS LaVerne almost..... ALMOST....   came off our list the other day, losing to Occidental by 4, at Occidental... Occidental came in to the game 15-2, 8-0....  never let your guard down!!!!

sac

I did some research on LaVerne on why they're struggling so much.  Lost 6 of top 8 guys from last season, leading returning scorer was  single digit guy.  What makes them a little more odd than most of our winless teams over the years is they have a mostly upper class rotation.  8 Jr. and Sr's from what looks like a 10 man rotation.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Rivier get their first D3 win of the year 86-80 over Emmanuel
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

hopefan

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on January 31, 2018, 12:02:25 AM
Rivier get their first D3 win of the year 86-80 over Emmanuel

Yep... the RIV... off the list!!!!

So we have Wittenberg and Whitman  Undefeated

LaVerne and Goucher Winless

LaVerne has 2 teams they've played very close left on their schedule... Redlands (2/7) and Caltech (2/17)
    Goucher's biggest remaining game is with Susquehanna on 2/3... they lost to Susquy by 1 earlier in the season...

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

... not saying anything ahead of tonight's game, but let it be known... I have a feeling... (could be a really bad feeling, but there is some feeling)...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hopefan

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

One can be hopeful teams are overlooking them... Saturday ... may be a better chance. :)

Can't blame me, can you? I have a new "win" announcement to debut... that I haven't been able to show off, yet!

hopefan

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 01, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
One can be hopeful teams are overlooking them... Saturday ... may be a better chance. :)

UGH... :'(

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There were moments. It was a decently close game, actually. Just couldn't play a full 40 minutes or take advantage of moments when Susquehanna struggled. As a result, not close enough at the end to make a run at it.

Oh well... tough finish. Not sure if they can get the win or not.

hopefan

Keep your eye on the West Coast scores tonight! 

LaVerne hostd Redlands... played them close at Redlands earlier in the season... could be LaVerne's chance to get first win!!!

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on February 07, 2018, 07:16:20 AM
Keep your eye on the West Coast scores tonight! 

LaVerne hostd Redlands... played them close at Redlands earlier in the season... could be LaVerne's chance to get first win!!!

nope, another close loss for LaVerne

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Witt goes down on Senior Day at Hiram.  Whitman the last undefeated team.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

guest323