The Undefeated and the Winless

Started by Greek Tragedy, November 16, 2005, 02:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: guest323 on February 11, 2018, 01:30:49 AM
Liztown beat Goucher...

Yeah... no surprise. Honestly, I'm not betting they find the win... which is crazy considering how many games they have been in and what they could do... just don't have any luck or the ability to play all 40 minutes, yet.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

augie77

LaVerne beats Cal Tech 96-86 in OT.  LaVerne wins its first (and final) game on Senior Night!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: augie77 on February 17, 2018, 07:13:42 PM
LaVerne beats Cal Tech 96-86 in OT.  LaVerne wins its first (and final) game on Senior Night!

Well... that sucks.

Goucher had a chance. They really did. They led Juniata on Wednesday and then had the Eagles shooting in the double-bonus five minute into the second half. On Saturday, they had Scranton without two of their starters (one stayed home; second injured himself early on)... led at halftime, once again, and then couldn't hold on.

I was really hoping my soccer team would be the only 0-fer team in Goucher modern history ... oh well.

BTW - both programs. Only school to have both programs blanked for the season... in the entire NCAA this season.

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

augie77

Good news is next year figures to be better.  Can't get any worse.  ;)

hopefan

Goucher is one of a couple D3 schools that I'm not 100% certain to pronounce, But I'm always assumed it rhymes with... ouch-er.....

Go get 'em next year....  and the good news (let's hope) is that Lacrosse starts today
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: hopefan on February 18, 2018, 06:36:42 AM
Goucher is one of a couple D3 schools that I'm not 100% certain to pronounce, But I'm always assumed it rhymes with... ouch-er.....

Go get 'em next year....  and the good news (let's hope) is that Lacrosse starts today

Yep... ouch. G-ouch-er.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I prefer the french pronounciation: goo-shay.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 18, 2018, 02:25:15 PM

I prefer the french pronounciation: goo-shay.

Then it must also be the goo-fairs :)

hopefan

2/24/18     Whitman goes down to the Whitworth buzzer beater, 91-88, in the NWC Conference Championship game...No Undefeated for 2017-18

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

The outcome doesn't matter, but the inbounder probably moved too much on the inbound and I'm almost positive the clock started late.  I went back and checked, though, he did get the shot off in time (although it didn't look that way in real time).  Close one.  I'm guessing Whitman would rather not be undefeated at this point.  No need to add that pressure.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

hopefan

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 25, 2018, 11:38:48 AM

The outcome doesn't matter, but the inbounder probably moved too much on the inbound and I'm almost positive the clock started late.  I went back and checked, though, he did get the shot off in time (although it didn't look that way in real time).  Close one.  I'm guessing Whitman would rather not be undefeated at this point.  No need to add that pressure.

I don't know, hoops... once you're in the tourney, throw the records out... the goal is to win 2 games in Salem... I would think the undefeated that would come along with it would be icing on the cake, rather than something that would drag you down....However, there is something to be said for a loss like that generating the knowledge that no one is unbeatable, and we have to be at our best to win 6....

Greek Tragedy

I watched that play as it happened. I knew there was two seconds left and when Roach hit that shot, my first thought was, "Wow, that was a long 2 seconds..." It was at Whitman, so it's not like it was a homer clock operator! I couldn't figure out how to replay it, so I couldn't watch it again.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

(509)Rat

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 26, 2018, 11:14:30 AM

I watched that play as it happened. I knew there was two seconds left and when Roach hit that shot, my first thought was, "Wow, that was a long 2 seconds..." It was at Whitman, so it's not like it was a homer clock operator! I couldn't figure out how to replay it, so I couldn't watch it again.

I still want to know who was right...Video feed never panned up to the game clock, announcers said 2.3 seconds, Whitman write up/recap said 2.8 seconds. I remember thinking the exact same thing about the "long 2 second," but that's because the video feed said 2 seconds without tenths of a second listed. Had it said 3, I don't think I would have questioned how much time it took Roach to get the shot off.

ronk

I watched it live and didn't notice anything wrong with the inbound; will watch the replay later; rule on a spot inbound is inbounder must have 1 leg over a 3-foot rectangle parallel to the boundary line ,so other leg can be outside the rectangle on either side.

Ralph Turner