FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Fox

Where are the fans here?
We are half way through the season.
Fierce When Roused

NED3Guy

I'm the lonely poster on the ECFC thread....maybe we need to think about having one thread for all New England, non NESCAC conferences next year? Give the NEWMAC, MASCAC, ECFC and CCC a common place to talk NE Football?

Ice Bear

NED who in your opinion is the best team in NE right now? You may also want to consider taking part in the ERFP each week. It would be great to have a NE representative. You may get **** but it would certainly get some good discussion going and/or continuing. Just a thought.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

ITH radio

We're fans of this MASCAC player:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/876337502554967/

Note Framingham can still win the AQ with a H2H win over West Conn in Wk 10. This one's not wrapped up just yet.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Machiavelli

Quote from: ITH radio on October 23, 2018, 06:41:50 PM
We're fans of this MASCAC player:

https://www.facebook.com/D3Huddle/videos/876337502554967/

Note Framingham can still win the AQ with a H2H win over West Conn in Wk 10. This one's not wrapped up just yet.

Framingham is gonna beat WConn by about 74 so go ahead and pencil them in.

NED3Guy

Quote from: Dutch Boy on October 23, 2018, 04:37:27 PM
NED who in your opinion is the best team in NE right now?

Really hard to pick a best team in New England, right now. Gotta tip the hat to MIT and West Conn, as both have taken care of all their business up to this point. Neither team has a big win in my opinion that gives them a real resume boost over the next tier of teams in the region. (MIT over Endicott maybe?) I think the top five in New England are: MIT, WCSU, WNE, Husson and Framingham.... Endicott gets bumped off the list by losing to MIT and FSU  The next few weeks will give some clarity with WNE/Endicott and WCSU and FSU.

Seems like fewer New England teams are venturing out of New England this year for non league play (credit to Framingham for keeping Cortland on the schedule). Hard to look at anybody's resume and see the kinds of wins that stand out on a resume. When looking at New England schedules, I think Endicott beating Hobart is by far the best win anybody in New England has this season, but they lost to both MIT and Framingham.

Long story short, nobody in New England has successful tested themselves vs out of New England teams, nobody has a standout win that gives them bragging rights.

With Husson all but locking up the ECFC AQ, and the NCAA 500 mile rule in play again, we'll likely get to see two New England teams play in the first round again this year... MIT v Husson?

Jonny Utah

Quote from: NED3Guy on October 24, 2018, 10:13:40 AM

Really hard to pick a best team in New England, right now. Gotta tip the hat to MIT and West Conn, as both have taken care of all their business up to this point. Neither team has a big win in my opinion that gives them a real resume boost over the next tier of teams in the region. (MIT over Endicott maybe?) I think the top five in New England are: MIT, WCSU, WNE, Husson and Framingham.... Endicott gets bumped off the list by losing to MIT and FSU  The next few weeks will give some clarity with WNE/Endicott and WCSU and FSU.

Seems like fewer New England teams are venturing out of New England this year for non league play (credit to Framingham for keeping Cortland on the schedule). Hard to look at anybody's resume and see the kinds of wins that stand out on a resume. When looking at New England schedules, I think Endicott beating Hobart is by far the best win anybody in New England has this season, but they lost to both MIT and Framingham.

Long story short, nobody in New England has successful tested themselves vs out of New England teams, nobody has a standout win that gives them bragging rights.

With Husson all but locking up the ECFC AQ, and the NCAA 500 mile rule in play again, we'll likely get to see two New England teams play in the first round again this year... MIT v Husson?

For what it is worth, one of my best friends has two kids that play at two different MASCAC schools.  He has seen two MASCAC games every Saturday/Friday this year except for one or two weeks I believe (That's about 13-15 games which might make him one of the top d3 viewers in the country.)  Anyway his opinion is that Framingham is probably a little better than West Conn.  Both teams seem to commit real bad penalties (in terms of taunting type stuff) but overall Framingham gets the nod.

Gray Fox

Look what I started.
Good luck.  I mostly follow the SCIAC.
Fierce When Roused

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Gray Fox on October 24, 2018, 12:10:30 PM
Look what I started.

I too follow a different conference, but always good to see active boards, especially when there are crossover conversations.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: NED3Guy on October 24, 2018, 10:13:40 AM

Husson is also within 500 miles of RPI.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

HSCTiger74

Look what I started.

You need to go and work your magic on the UMAC board. The last post from an actual fan of a conference team was a year ago.
TANSTAAFL

Gray Fox

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on October 25, 2018, 01:15:56 AM
Look what I started.

You need to go and work your magic on the UMAC board. The last post from an actual fan of a conference team was a year ago.
Good idea.  I think that is where the Oxy coach came from.
Fierce When Roused

MRMIKESMITH

Watch a good amount of the Framingham State vs. West Conn game and noticed that FSU kicking game is not up to part. I think that's going to hurt come playoff time. I watch a game a few year's ago against Plymouth State and it caused you as well. Thoughts?

ITH radio

FSU's last hurdle to making the playoffs is Wk 10 vs. Bridgewater State who has come back from the dead and looks like an entirely different squad. That game will test the lights on the scoreboard, but the Rams D is quietly becoming one of the better units in the NE. They have multiple DEs who can rack up the sacks.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: ITH radio on October 29, 2019, 10:29:06 AM
FSU's last hurdle to making the playoffs is Wk 10 vs. Bridgewater State who has come back from the dead and looks like an entirely different squad. That game will test the lights on the scoreboard, but the Rams D is quietly becoming one of the better units in the NE. They have multiple DEs who can rack up the sacks.

I agree that the Defense is doing well, however I took a dive into some of the drive summaries against the better teams and the Rams appear to punt on go for it on 4th, which may be due to the lack of a good kicker.