BB: Regionals (Mideast) 2012 Marietta

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 07:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 19, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
If the Etta Express are going to use Blaski today, don't be surprised if he starts game one against SJFC. They need to win the first to get to the second.

I've always thought in an elimination game situation, you have to pitch your best available. That's why lindquist threw last night.

Good call!  Brewer agrees as Blaski starts.  You have to go down with your best if you're going down.  If Blaski was ready to pitch today at all you throw him now. 

p.s. It's 1-1 after 2.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: sjfcards on May 19, 2012, 12:01:11 PM
So much for my theory on starting D'Amato. Pettinella starting for Fisher and I can honestly say I have no idea about this kid. First I have seen him.

Looks like he's a junior lefty.  9 appearances, 0 starts, 7.1 IP, 7.36 ERA, .276 OBA.  Started 3 games last year. 

Dr. Acula

Etta advances 9-2.  Very impressed w SJF.  Etta and Manchester for the regional title. Try not to root for other teams, but I'm an OAC guy. Good luck Etta!

mideastfan2

...and Maheffey gets it done in a big way for the Etta Express this afternoon.  he turns in the fourth straight outstanding start for the pioneers while facing elimination. 

Gasser will probably start tomorrow, with Langdon, Lewis, and even Mulvey and Lindquist if needed.  If the pioneers can score early and often, they could be making that return trip to the World Series to defend their title.

Should be a great championship game!

EttaFan1

I was shocked that fisher did not bring d'amato back on short rest. Your season is on the line and you go with a kid who has thrown 7 innings total?  Questionable move if you ask me.  You are hoping the bats pick you up but you have to be able to keep the opposing bats at bay.

Mahaffey pitched a gem--after a roughy start. When he came off the field following the first he was met at the edge of the dugout by coach brewer and brew was getting his money's worth. The kid responded in the best possible way.  Toth had a few words for him too after the first run scored. Hats off to mike for settling in and shutting down a very potent Manchester lineup.

Gasser tomorrow. Two days rest but he's the best we have right now. Mulvey can probably pitch an inning or two, linquist, Langdon, Lewis all can throw a little. They can all rest on Monday. Time to get back to work and go to appleton!

ettanut4life

Everybody for Marietta will be ready to go for tomorrow. No questions asked. Win and go to Appleton, or lose and go home. Very clear that everybody will make sure they're ready to throw of called upon. Gasser , Lindquist, Lewis, Langdon and Mulvey will all be available. Manchester will have to throw somebody on short rest as well, only difference however, is that Marietta will be throwing the defending national pitcher of the year.

EttaFan1

Marietta completes the monumental task and wins five games in three days behind strong pitching and solid and timely offense.

Gasser was solid today.  Probably didn't have his best stuff going on just two days rest. Smith from Manchester was also ver effective until late in the game. Bot pitchers gave their teams a chance to be in it at the end.

Linguist, although he served one up, was very good in relief. 

The clock turned midnight on cinderella, as manchester who put up double digit runs in all three games prior to playing Marietta couldn't get the offense going. 

The pioneers were fortunate to not to have been forced to face the two top arms of fisher in the championship round of the regional.

Pitching and defense is a strength of this team. That gives them a chance in any game.

Bishopleftiesdad

Congatulations to Marietta, I am sure you will do well in Applton.

old scot

Congrat's to the Pios.Coming from the losers bracket and winning 5 straight really shows some moxie!! Champions out to defend their championship.

Teams in Appleton beware, the Express is primed and ready to roll.

joelmama

Congrats to etta.  Show the nation what the OAC has seen all year and you will do just fine.