BB: General New England Discussion

Started by Paul Heering, February 14, 2007, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfan77

Quote from: ECSUalum on April 20, 2008, 03:02:27 PM
dubbc,

.  What changed ?

Wheaton is a private school and can give better packages to incoming players, that's what changed...

hockeyfan77

Quote from: Jcon8958 on April 20, 2008, 04:26:05 PM
I listened to the game just a great game looks like that kid schmidt is going to be a good one there at USM. Just a great game tho

Schmidt pitched a great game, didn't give up a hit from the 4 th inning to the 9 inning...He is USM #3 by the way...But like I have said before USM's bullpen is terrible...It is the only thing that could keep the Huskies from winning the Little East ...It was a great game, too very good teams battling it out: it was fun to be a part of...

hockeyfan77

Quote from: ECSUalum on April 20, 2008, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: hockeyfan77 on April 20, 2008, 05:51:06 AM
Quote from: KSCfan on April 20, 2008, 03:05:34 AM
Looking forward to wheaton and southern maine today, is it on webcast or the webradio at all cause i would like to watch it and or listen to the game

http://www.usm.maine.edu/~jkessler/athletics/

This should work, all home games are on the web via Radio...I must warn you though, the announcer is a homer but it gets the job done if you want to listen to the game...

Hockyfan,

Listening to Wheaton/USM game.

3-0 Wheaton at mid 6th inn.

Have to commend you, thanks for posting the USM stream for this afternoon's game.   The USM announcers is a homer, as he should, but orders of magnitude better that the ECSU announcers.  Exciting to listen  to this afternoons game.  What a difference to listen to someone who is competent and is passionate for his team  ;D

I have to sit right next to him every game: sometimes he gives me a headache..)

363dp

USM/Wheaton was a great game today! Schmidt pitched a great game. Yes it could have gone either way like all games. Sunken Maine did not come through in the clutch like wheaton did. Yes you can find 3 close games in the past 5 years and 7 that were blow outs!

hockeyfan77

Quote from: 363dp on April 20, 2008, 08:36:29 PM
USM/Wheaton was a great game today! Schmidt pitched a great game. Yes it could have gone either way like all games. Sunken Maine did not come through in the clutch like wheaton did. Yes you can find 3 close games in the past 5 years and 7 that were blow outs!

Why are we talking about other years???? The games this year could have gone either way just like you said...I mean did I mention the number of World Series USM has been too and they have even WON a couple...Wheaton finished 2nd once: good for them but what does that have to do with this year????

dubbc

It will be interesting to see how this weekends tournament ends up.  If Babson loses i have a hard time seeing them getting an at large bid.  They have an impressive record but if you look at their schedule the only 2 key in region wins are against wheaton.  They have been beaten by econn, ksc, curry, plymouth state, and trinity.  Looking forward to it

nebaseball44

while babson hasnt played the most difficult schedule and lacks many signature wins, they are a team coming together at the right time of the year.  11 wins in a row 2 of which are coming against wheaton a national powerhouse is nothing to look down upon.  wins against suffolk and amherst are also good wins against reputable programs.  i will be interested to see if babson does not win their conference (and say wheaton does) if they will get an at large bid.  thoughts?

wordsmith

Big Game tomorrow

Trinity vs TEE

Any predictions? Word says Trinity comes up short and suffers their first defeat.

Word
Word

ECSUalum

Quote from: wordsmith on April 21, 2008, 09:01:59 PM
Big Game tomorrow

Trinity vs TEE

Any predictions? Word says Trinity comes up short and suffers their first defeat.

Word

If Keily is pitching: Lights out TEE

Bostonian

Trin will pitch Bayer and Rappaport. Bayer is a slight tick below Kiely. Pretty damn good though.

Trin is on a different planet right now...but ECSU seems to have had little trouble with them in the past.

kscer

Quote from: wordsmith on April 21, 2008, 09:01:59 PM
Big Game tomorrow

Trinity vs TEE

Word
Eastern needs this win to prove they are a contender and the enhance their atature, and they are at Home. TEE by two.

C2islegit

dubbc,

Just wondering why you are so convinced that Babson would not earn an at large bid this year if they were upset in their conference tournament? They won the regular season title by going 11-1 in conference and sweeping Wheaton. They also have 25 wins with four regular season games remaining plus the tournament games. If they do reach 30 wins and don't win the NEWMAC tourney, how could the committee snub them? If you remember, last year Trinity recieved an at-large bid without even making their conference tournament, with VERY few quality wins. I have followed the NEWMAC for many years, and this is the first year I've witnessed Babson being the more talented team over Wheaton. It should be a great tourney.

Rick Vaughn

As of now the locks from NE for the tournament regardless of conference tourney performance should be Trinity, Keene St., Wheaton, and Babson.

Outside of the LEC teams (ECSU, USM, and possibly RIC), Amherst has the best chance to earn an at-large bid.  They have a game left with Williams, a DH vs St. Joes, and most importantly, a DH vs Trinity.  If Amherst can take a game vs Trinity and play well in the NESCAC tourney they have a legit shot at an at-large.

kscer

This is a great year for baseball in New England. Big inter-conference games between Nescac and Newmac and Lec coming near the end of the season have implications for regional selections. All three conferences have teams peaking going into tourney time, and the weather is like spring. Holy Cows.

C2islegit

Rick, I agree with your at-large predictions, and it should be interesting to see how the Little East plays out. Personally I think Keene St. will take it, and they will be the only team from the conference to make the N.E. tourney.

Kscer, I am also looking forward to seeing how these tournaments play out. A lot of teams are going into the postseason hot (Trinity, Babson, EConn, Amherst etc.) The NEWMAC tourney starts tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how Wheaton and Babson do.

Lastly, EConn just got worked by Trinity 17-2. I think it is a joke that Trinity isn't number 1 in the land. They are undefeated and beating up on powerhouses. And, EConn being a 20-11 now, should NOT be in the top 30, and currently they were according to the ABCA. Anyone know the difference between the 25 coaches in the D3baseball poll and the ABCA coaches? Let me know.