WBB: City University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by mpsting, December 03, 2004, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpsting

Where are all the CUNY Fans?  I'm a Hunter junkie living in Taiwan and need some news!  I know that this is Hunter's Homecoming Weekend.  Any results yet?

Zak Ivkovic

Hunter beat Baruch 83-80 in OT during homecoming...they hit a 3-pointer in the final seconds to send it to OT...

Also, FYI...NJAC beat CUNY 8-2 in their 2nd challenge with Baruch and CSI earning the CUNY victories. Hunter lost at home to TCNJ in a close encounter...

mpsting

Zak!  Good to hear from you...FINALLY someone posting here...and a belated congratulations to you from Tina Chen (Hunter, '98, wvball from '95-'97) and Mark Stingle (Hunter, '98)

So the women seem solid again, though I was impressed with the CSI victory over Rowan...are they head-and-shoulders better than Hunter this year?

Zak Ivkovic

Greetings to both of you - it's been quite a while...

The Hunter women are pretty good, maybe not as good as the last 2-3 years...but Baruch and CSI are very good...

In fact we had a great week as far as big wins go, with CSI knocking off #17 Rowan and Baruch beating #1 NYU tonight...

mpsting

Baruch beating NYU?????? Are you kidding me???  WOW!  Great news!  Keep it coming!

mpsting

Some storyline on the John Jay/Hunter game if possible...doesn't anyone else keep up to date with the CUNY site?  Am I the last CUNY fan on earth???

mpsting

Just a quick note to wish Coach Meadow good luck in search of her 200th win!  Keep it going this year!

vook

Anybody out there? ... second-round NCAA Tournament game -- Wesleyan Univ. at College of Staten Island -- will be webcast by the NCAA using D3hoops.com personnel.

The game is 4PM on Saturday, March 5.  Webcast will start about 15 minutes before tipoff.  Go to http://www.d3hoops.com/audio" target=_top>http://www.d3hoops.com/audio for more information.

atn alum

Any CUNYAC boosters out there????

It's been a year since the last posting...

anyways...baruch's game friday will be webcast by d3hoops.

http://www.d3hoops.com/audio

Would love to hear from fans of all 4 teams in the Mount St. Mary regional

BaruchFan

Sad to see no posts in more than 10 months. Oh well, let me start one. 

Baruch this year appears to run away again with CUNY. Too much talent.

John Jay had the only real shot of beating them thiis year, but they have there work cut out for them to try to pull an upset in the CUNY tournament.

Pat Coleman

How did John Jay compete in that game when they have been non-competitive the rest of the season? I found that puzzling.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

BaruchFan

John Jay was at full strength that game and they have two solid inside players. On the right night they can surprise people.

I hear they lost an important frontcourt player during the break, so it was no surprise Baruch won so easily at their place.

I wonder where this Baruch team ranks all-time in CUNY. 

coachharrison_4_president

Tiara Carroll at the line less than a minute less in overtime lightning going to the chip...

atn alum

We'll have the call of both CUNYAC title games on friday, links should be off front page. Pre-game for Lehman-Baruch begins at 5:15.

NYCGATORfan

I was at the John Jay-Lehman semifinal matchup (as a student broadcaster for Brooklyn College broadcasting the game) and it was easily the most fun game I've worked all year.

Sally Nnamani had an outstanding game, and Lehman's press defense overwhelmed John Jay's weak ballhandlers all game long. But John Jay made a nice adjustment in the 2nd half double teaming Nnamani whenever she touched the ball. Nnamani was stifled and so was Lehman's offense down the stretch.

Even with the turnovers piling up, John Jay was able to cut the lead to 2, and then Vanessa Rivera was left wide open for a 3 to give the Bloodhounds an improbable 1 point lead. But Sally Nnamani got the ball off a timeout with 3 seconds left, and was able to drive to basket and draw a foul. Her first free throw bounced around the rim for an eternity before dropping in. T

hough she missed the 2nd free throw, sending the game to overtime, Nnamani scored the 1st 5 points in OT.

The clincher for Lehman was when Tiara Caroll was able to drive the length of the floor 3 consecutive possessions for layups. Why didn't John Jay collapse on her drives? 7 points in OT put the game away for Lightning.

Hopefully the Lehman-Baruch final will be as much of a pleasure to watch (and call) as the semifinal was!