WBB: City University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by mpsting, December 03, 2004, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop junkie

Wow, been away from the boards for the Holidays, and I come back to see that Lehman has defeated national power Depauw University!!! Is this for real, please lets have some more insight into this one, great win for Lehman and the entire CUNY conference!

JWill

I see Baruch winning the CUNYAC again! Joseph is the best coach in the conference hands down.

hoop junkie

Wow, theres a pulse on the CUNY board, thought I was out here for my lonesome. JWill, dont know if you could say coach Joseph at Baruch is the best coach in the CUNY hands down, even though the talent level of coaches in CUNY is thin, you do have coach Gualitieri at CSI and coach Harrison at Lehman, who are two of the top coaches in the business. Also, Brown over at York actually coaches the national teams in her country each Olympic game, so she has to have an idea of what she is doing as well. Joseph hands down could be a little bit of an overstatement

hoop junkie

Had the opportunity to attend the CUNY Coaches vs. Cancer event at Lehman College today, and have to say kudos to the CUNYAC for having such a great event to benefit a worthy cause. The crowds were great, and there were some very exciting games with Staten Island almost upsetting NYU, and Lehman holding on to win a defensive battle with Skidmore. Didnt stay for the last game, but heard there was a thrilling come from behind victory by SUNY Purchase against Brooklyn College. Great event, congrats CUNYAC.

JWill

Brown at York when was the last time their women's program was any good. I give credit to lehman and csi. All I can say is just look at Baruch record since Coach Joseph has taken over. He does a great job recruiting at a school where its very hard to get kids in. I'm not taking nothing away from the coaches at lehman and csi but Joseph has been winning from the start.
Baruch looks very strong again this year. I see a rematch of Baruch and Lehman

hoop junkie

That is a good point, a Lehman-Baruch rematch would be my pick as well at this point. Staten Island is a good team, but Baruch and Lehman usually play at a higher level. Staten Island does have a great team, and have some impressive victories this season. Women's conference will be very interesting come January!

coachericharrison

On a sad note, I would like to acknowledge the passing of former CCNY basketball coach, and athletic administrator, Gary Smith. Gary passed on Thursday after a courageous battle against cancer. Services for Gary will be this coming Sunday @4pm at:

Granby's Funeral Service Inc
4021 White Plains Road
Bronx, New York 10466

Gary was a great coach, administrator, and friend, and he will be missed.

atn alum

As long as snow doesn't get in the way of my commute, D3Hoops will be webcasting Saturday's title game.

Look for the link on the front page of http://d3hoops.com

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hoopheaven

As a spectator watching the CUNY refs, I see why they drive the coaches to drink. First, they don't all seem to know the rules. Second (and most important), they are wildly inconsistent. Seems like there are 2 different whistles. Just call it equally on both ends.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

As the season continues to march along, we continue to see more and more twists. There aren't many more answers despite being about halfway through the season.

Sunday night on Hoopsville, Dave continues the coverage of the UWSP investigation and punishments. Athletics Director Brad Duckworth will join the show to discuss everything that lead up to the decision to suspend Bob Semling the rest of the season and why they handed the program over to Kent Dernbach.

Also tonight, the WBCA Center Court segment makes its season debut. The first guest this season will be Emory women's coach Christy Thomaskutty. Not only will we learn more about why Thomaskutty has been so intregal as a member of the WBCA board, but learn why she thinks it is important to give back to the game she loves. We will also learn more about the Eagles who have their first game in UAA action now complete.

We will also dip into the Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central regions to get a sense of how some teams off the radar, and others very much on, are doing as the midseason turn arrives. You can also contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag." Email questions you may have to the show at hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Watch Hoopsville starting at 7:00 PM here (http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan8) or on Facebook Live. You can also watch the show On Demand download and or listen to the podcast(s). Information below.

Guests and/or topics include (in order):
- Brad Duckworth, UW-Stevens Point Athletics Director
- Alex Lang, Brooklyn women's coach
- Christy Thomaskutty, Emory women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Charlie Averkamp, Benedictine women's coach
- Kevin Bettencourt, Endicott men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

mailsy

Well that's certainly an interesting story.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2017/02/ex-baruch-coach-charged-embezzlement

It's not going to be good for him. Hope he has a good attorney.  :(
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

New women's regional rankings: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/women-regional-rankings-second

(Posted in honor that the last post in here came exactly a year ago...)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA released the third set of women's basketball regional rankings with few changes from last week's version. This is the final set that we'll see before the Tournament bracket is released on Monday. Full list here: http://d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/women-regional-rankings-third

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Well, things certainly escalated quickly! Upsets a plenty. Conference races tightening. At the same time, some more clarity? Maybe not.

There will be plenty to talk about on Sunday's Hoopsville.

Join us as Dave and his guests work to figure out what has happened in just the last few days, plus get a sense of what's to come. We will talk to teams who are near the top of their conferences races in the Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central regions. Plus, we hear from a coach who continues to give back to the NABC and trying to improve how Division III is perceived within the coaching ranks.

Oh, and how will the Top 25s shake out on Monday?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Sunday's show starting at 7:00 p.m. ET right here: http://bit.ly/2FQFb7v (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Randy Tuggle, Greensboro women's coach
- Nicole Sarcone, Staten Island women's coach
- Gary Stewart, Stevenson men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Tod Murphy, Gordon men's coach
- Mike McGrath, UChicago men's coach
- Bob Quillman, IWUHoops.com (Top 25 Double-Take)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville