MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunkin3117

Well, this escalated quickly  :o.....

I'd agree with what AndOne said, yet again.  I don't see where or how you are getting a Pitino/Martin comparison.  No one has ever thrown crazy talk at Douma for turning around a Dutch program that was 10-14 prior to his arrival to 21-8 in his second season.  Chalk it up to good coaching.  Don't be reaching for something that definitely isn't there.

As for other scrimmages, I was able to dig a little and found out that Wartburg had "won" their scrimmage at Gustavus.
Central battled with Northwestern.
As previously mentioned, Loras was at North Park.
Looks like UD had a team scrimmage last night.  I wonder if Andre made a special appearance for the dunk contest.
I had heard Coe was scrimmaging UNI, but haven't seen or heard anything on it.
Unable to find anything on other conference teams.

AO

@darkhorsebball  There's no shame in promoting some players here, just be honest about who you are.

@Mods The forum is not showing emails for members that joined after 9/24.  Really making it hard to guess with a greater than 95% certainty that we've got another family member pretending to be a neutral third party.   ;D

doolittledog

Quote from: dunkin3117 on November 03, 2017, 10:05:59 AM
Well, this escalated quickly  :o.....

I'd agree with what AndOne said, yet again.  I don't see where or how you are getting a Pitino/Martin comparison.  No one has ever thrown crazy talk at Douma for turning around a Dutch program that was 10-14 prior to his arrival to 21-8 in his second season.  Chalk it up to good coaching.  Don't be reaching for something that definitely isn't there.

As for other scrimmages, I was able to dig a little and found out that Wartburg had "won" their scrimmage at Gustavus.
Central battled with Northwestern.
As previously mentioned, Loras was at North Park.
Looks like UD had a team scrimmage last night.  I wonder if Andre made a special appearance for the dunk contest.
I had heard Coe was scrimmaging UNI, but haven't seen or heard anything on it.
Unable to find anything on other conference teams.

I don't post often enough on the basketball side of the board for people here to get my humor.  90% of what I say is done tongue-in-cheek. Seeing a kid transfer across town from UD to Loras, a poster dropping recruiting tidbits on us, taken with what's been going on in D1 and I attempted (unsuccessfully) to inject some humor into the conversation. 

Andre was last seen dunking basketballs professionally in Spain.  I'm guessing Coach Sieverding was unable to bring him back for the dunk contest.  I'm still praying Andre has a younger brother that turns down D1 offers because of his desire to follow in his big brothers footsteps at UD  ;)

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AO on November 03, 2017, 10:25:16 AM
@darkhorsebball  There's no shame in promoting some players here, just be honest about who you are.

@Mods The forum is not showing emails for members that joined after 9/24.  Really making it hard to guess with a greater than 95% certainty that we've got another family member pretending to be a neutral third party.   ;D

Done. Indeed, the software may offer to let you hide your email address, but the Terms of Service are clear on that front.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

rlgyank

Wesleyan is scrimmaging against Colorado School of Mines today in Colorado.

rlgyank

NWU lost first half by 1 and second half by 6.

dunkin3117

Didn't catch any of the game, but looking at Coe's stats against Drake, 2 things stood out.  Coe only managed 8 FT attempts, and no Haaland.  Any word on the situation there?

AndOne

It seems that Loras freshman Rowan McGowan has shrunk since arriving on campus.
While he was listed (and I believe correctly) as being 6'6" last year in high school, he has evidently shrunk a couple of inches to his currently listed height of 6'4" on the Loras roster.
Fibbing is forbidden in his home town of Wheaton, so maybe it's that foul air out there in Iowa. Or perhaps the food in student cafeteria?  ;)

dunkin3117

Loras  84  Lake Forest  81
Central  73  UW-River Falls  85   
Wartburg  43   UNI  72 
Buena Vista  85  Bethany Lutheran College  82   
Iowa Wesleyan University  66  Coe  99   
Westminster College (Missouri)  61  Simpson  83
Dubuque  75  Edgewood College  61
UW-La Crosse  94  Luther  64

Notables after night one:
Loras's starting 5 were fairly balanced, but where will the bench scoring come from?
Kyle Smith has taken the role of Colby...he will be Central's gun slinger this year.
Wartburg was within 5 with 11 minutes remaining, but was outscored 32-8 to close out the game.
BV appreared to struggle in the second half with Bethany Lutheran, giving up 47 second half points.  Depth may be an issue for the Beavers this year. 
Coe, without Haaland, handled Wesleyan with ease. 
As expected, Amsbaugh was a beast, scoring 22 and grabbing 8 boards.  He will be a tough matchup for everyone in the league.
If anything happens to Lake or Atwater, UD will be in trouble.

Greek Tragedy

Stevens Point stunk it up against middle-of-the-pack MIAC foe St.  Olaf. How do you think BVU will do against the Pointers this weekend? I believe they'll again miss their big guns, Bublitz and Delmore due to injury.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

doolittledog

Thanks for the conference rundown dunkin3117

UD needs some height, but a win is a win. 

I'm liking how we can watch the IIAC through Roku and other devices now.  Watching on the TV is much better than the computer.  It's almost like having an IIAC version of the Big Ten Network  ;)
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

dunkin3117

I didn't know that you were able to watch through Roku. Will have to try that this weekend. 

I don't think Point will have much of an issue.  BV has hisorically been known for their size, which it appears is lacking at this point in the season.  But I'm sure Van Haften will have his team ready to roll come conference time.

Alfredeneumann

Wartburg beasts Crown 91-88 in Buzz Levick Tournament.
Kickbush hit 2 3's in last minute to break a tie and one with :10 left for game winner.  (Crown has some 3 point shooters and would trade a 2 for a 3)

Knights are defenetly a "work in progress" 

http://www.go-knights.net/news/2017/11/17/mens-basketball-knights-advance-to-buzz-levick-tournament-championship.aspx
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

doolittledog

Quote from: Alfredeneumann on November 18, 2017, 08:07:39 AM
Kickbush hit 2 3's in last minute to break a tie and one with :10 left for game winner.  (Crown has some 3 point shooters and would trade a 2 for a 3)

http://www.go-knights.net/news/2017/11/17/mens-basketball-knights-advance-to-buzz-levick-tournament-championship.aspx

A "work in progress" in football means next season they could be a good team...in basketball it can mean by January they could be a good team!

Alfredeneumann

Quote from: doolittledog on November 18, 2017, 09:25:40 AM
Quote from: Alfredeneumann on November 18, 2017, 08:07:39 AM

A "work in progress" in football means next season they could be a good team...in basketball it can mean by January they could be a good team!

Today the Knights beat Aurora 80-66, finished on 19-7 run. Woetse with 27.
Work in progress = finding some scoring off the bench, like Kickbush and Sabus did last year when Cannon and Weber left the floor.
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.