FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff, hickory_cornhusker and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

DFWCrufan

Well done Cru, I'd prefer a bit more precise Offense from our guys but this is indeed a win and a move to the Stagg Bowl. I am going to take this position, it's going to be a stagg for the books.
Congrats to UMU, when I left you were down and at that time I thought done, and then I come to find out YOU PULLED IT OUT! that is ridiculous....Just plain out of freaking control....

Brockport - Your D was excellent and brought a can of whoop A$$ with you, how did you guys get that through the metal detectors. You harassed the living hell out of the Cru Offense, that was a legit Line. Your QB is a machine! and has some serious cahones to drive your line, outstanding athlete. Take this experience, recruit, build and we will see you next season in the top tier.

UMU...Good Lord do we have to keep meeting like this, HSU, St. Thomas and Linfield are bad enough...and now #2... I expect to see some outstanding athletic prowess next week, your legit UMU, not a fading violet, I am just concerned the UMU vengeance for 2016 might give you guys a slight edge... sooooo last season. never happened.. ok  :D

Post game with the Cru....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4dmT02AG4&list=TLGGW6D2giqjNygwOTEyMjAxNw&index=2

Post game with Brockport   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc8Fxu_3RQQ&list=TLGGW6D2giqjNygwOTEyMjAxNw
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

umhb2001

Great game today for UMHB. The O was great in the first quarter, then UMHB did what the do, sit on the D and ride them to victory. I think if they had to, they could have done more, but they didn't have to. They weren't extremely efficient, but they did enough.

The D was outstanding. Nuff said.

Great to meet and talk with Frank Rossi. Great guy and does a fantastic job covering D3. Love all that you guys do!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

WRMUalum13

Just in case anyone over on this board stopped following today's other semi final game when it was 35-10, The reports of The Purple Raiders death has been greatly exaggerated. We'll see you in Salem ;)

umhb2001

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 10, 2017, 12:12:45 AM
Just in case anyone over on this board stopped following today's other semi final game when it was 35-10, The reports of The Purple Raiders death has been greatly exaggerated. We'll see you in Salem ;)

Nope, we watched it on our phones and had the score up on the scoreboard all day. No attention lost here.

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on December 09, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
The Wrecking CRU was on point today. The UMHB offense, not so much. It will take a much better performance from the O to have a chance against Mount Union in the Stagg Bowl.

The Brockport QB is the real deal. He was tough, but took a beating today.

The boys from Texas will have to brave the cold again. Brrr! It took my feet until May to thaw out after last year's visit to Salem.

It was great to hang out with Frank Rossi today. Great guy!

Pleasure was all mine today, Kelly.  As I said on Twitter, you (along with Chad and Toby) are tremendous representatives for UMHB.  Thanks for a truly memorable day at a beautiful institution.  You should all be proud of what you have in terms of facilities and philosophy at UMHB.  Hoping you can get to Salem this week.  Thanks again!

roocru

Quote from: Frank Rossi on December 10, 2017, 02:17:17 AM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on December 09, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
The Wrecking CRU was on point today. The UMHB offense, not so much. It will take a much better performance from the O to have a chance against Mount Union in the Stagg Bowl.

The Brockport QB is the real deal. He was tough, but took a beating today.

The boys from Texas will have to brave the cold again. Brrr! It took my feet until May to thaw out after last year's visit to Salem.

It was great to hang out with Frank Rossi today. Great guy!

Pleasure was all mine today, Kelly.  As I said on Twitter, you (along with Chad and Toby) are tremendous representatives for UMHB.  Thanks for a truly memorable day at a beautiful institution.  You should all be proud of what you have in terms of facilities and philosophy at UMHB.  Hoping you can get to Salem this week.  Thanks again!

Sorry I missed you,  Frank!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

D O.C.

It'll take a semi to get Frank to McMinnville, I suppose.
We're not scheduling you next year ( until the second round probably) so it may not happen.
We had PC once and we actually paid One Arm Scot's airfare to get him to come West one time.

umhb2001

Ron Boerger

Early forecast for Stagg Bowl, Friday night:  Cloudy, temperature 34 at game time and lowering thereafter, no chance of precipitation, light winds from the WNW. 

Frank Rossi

Quote from: D O.C. on December 10, 2017, 03:49:58 AM
It'll take a semi to get Frank to McMinnville, I suppose.
We're not scheduling you next year ( until the second round probably) so it may not happen.
We had PC once and we actually paid One Arm Scot's airfare to get him to come West one time.

Believe it or not, it almost happened last year.  I was due out toward Seattle during the playoffs, and if Linfield was hosting, I was going to cover the game.  Never say never, though!

Sorry I missed roo, Ron, and Ralph -- and several others I didn't get a chance to meet.  But I'll definitely be back to Belton.

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 10, 2017, 10:15:13 AM
Early forecast for Stagg Bowl, Friday night:  Cloudy, temperature 34 at game time and lowering thereafter, no chance of precipitation, light winds from the WNW.

Hmmm...I have heard THAT before.   ::)  The wind has a way over blowing off those small mountains that always seems to be much stronger near that stadium.

umhbalum

Just booked airfare and rental car for my family. This will be our first Stagg Bowl in person!

Go Cru!

wesleydad

UMHB folks, what are your early thoughts on the offensive struggles?  Mount will bring a defense that is pretty good.  Will the Cru be able to score enough to win?  Now with the defense you have you may not need too many points, but is there concern that the defense will give up some against Mount, Brockport did move the ball and had several chances to score but did not finish.  This game looks good, but I am not sure that the Cru will be able to score enough without some turnovers from Mount.

umhbalum

Quote from: wesleydad on December 10, 2017, 01:20:20 PM
UMHB folks, what are your early thoughts on the offensive struggles?  Mount will bring a defense that is pretty good.  Will the Cru be able to score enough to win?  Now with the defense you have you may not need too many points, but is there concern that the defense will give up some against Mount, Brockport did move the ball and had several chances to score but did not finish.  This game looks good, but I am not sure that the Cru will be able to score enough without some turnovers from Mount.

There's no doubt the Offense isn't our strength. That said I think we could have done more but we got up and then went to our mode of playing conservative and letting the defense close it out.

I've got mixed feelings on that philosophy especially against MU but it's worked at this point.

Do I feel the Offense can do more? Yes, but time will tell.

This will be a tough game.

I could see coach Fred changing the philosophy a bit after watching UW-O build a big lead and then try to hold on.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us push a little more on offense if we are up

UMHB03

I'm certainly not trying to jump ahead to next year with Stagg Bowl week coming up, but does anyone know who the Crusaders' non-conference opponent is in 2018?
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions