FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftlessDuhawk and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

HSUDAD

Quote from: Toby Taff on November 16, 2018, 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: HSUDAD on November 16, 2018, 11:01:59 AM
Crunation, is there a radio broadcast of the game, besides over the internet?

I will most definitely be at the game, but I always like to listen to the radio broadcast as well.
101.7. It's the same broadcast as on the video stream

Thank you!!

DFWCrufan

Understand the radio will have like a 10 sec delay which used to drive me crazy But, if you get you phone and open the video, the broadcast of Jon and Coach is real time with no delay. You might want to check that out.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

QB Jock Itch

I'm ready to see all of the subtle changes both teams do. Gadget plays, fake punts, new little wrinkles here and there. Know when to stay with what got ya to the dance and knowing when to venture in to something new. Hope both teams stay healthy and put on a show.

I just don't see it being another shut out but will say the Cru defense has gotten better since week 5. I believe the Cru offense has a good identity with O-Line leading the way. We will see if KJ plays and how they use him. I would also like to see Ryan Redding get some PT.

See y'all at the CRUthedral on Saturday. Be safe driving in and as always Go CRU!!

DFWCrufan

Pre game vid... https://twitter.com/crufootball/status/1063501626437234688

UMHB Football places 19 on All-Conference Teams; Miller, Fritz, Hall, Longoria, Fredenburg claim superlatives... https://cruathletics.com/news/2018/11/16/football-places-19-on-all-conference-teams-miller-fritz-hall-longoria-fredenburg-claim-superlatives.aspx

Markeith Miller ASC Offensive player of the year! https://twitter.com/crufootball

umhbalum

Should be an interesting game today. I think HSU is a much better team than what they showed earlier this year. If I also remember correctly the Cru left quite a bit of points on the board some due to HSU making plays and others with penalties and mistakes.

The Cru needs to come out strong and jump on them quickly.

trickytroy32

What was up with HSU play calling in the fourth? Down 18 and your running the ball and doing reverses. Wow just wow. Great game by the Cru. Make the ASC proud.

umhbalum

Congrats Cru on the big win! Played a very good team but will need to clean up a bunch of stuff.

Congrats to HSU on a great season, once again it's too bad the NCAA continues to match us up in the 1st round

DFWCrufan

Quote from: trickytroy32 on November 17, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
What was up with HSU play calling in the fourth? Down 18 and your running the ball and doing reverses. Wow just wow. Great game by the Cru. Make the ASC proud.
Actually if you look at it I would say it was a decent decision, there was much ground gained when carried out, it was effective, just not time after time, but it did catch us off guard and Hammonds and Childress bring D lines the nightmares. HSU showed their mettel, like I had mentioned in the mock bracket, there was a chance to see a HSU/UMHB game in the stagg, I wish it could have been that in Shenandoah! Great season Cowboys! You did Abilene proud!

Kelly Boggs

A couple of facts: HSU has not won a playoff game in 18 years. HSU is 0-5 against UMHB in the playoffs.

The Cowboys gave The CRU a good shot, but once UMHB got the lead, the Wrecking CRU D kept HSU in check. I've not looked at the stats, but I am sure HSU racked up some numbers on the ground. However the Cowboys never really threatened after their touchdown drive in the first half.

Hammonds is a tough, shifty runner.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Toby Taff

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on November 17, 2018, 04:00:20 PM
A couple of facts: HSU has not won a playoff game in 18 years. HSU is 0-5 against UMHB in the playoffs.

The Cowboys gave The CRU a good shot, but once UMHB got the lead, the Wrecking CRU D kept HSU in check. I've not looked at the stats, but I am sure HSU racked up some numbers on the ground. However the Cowboys never really threatened after their touchdown drive in the first half.

Hammonds is a tough, shifty runner.
i did look at the stats and they had 168 on the ground. they won the stats, except for the one that mattered.
I wasn't surprised that they chose to lean on the d and were happy to rush. looked like jase dinged his arm a bit early in the 1st qt, and i thought some of the short passes he threw showed a loss in arm strength.. The bomb to sims looked good, but i've seen him throw that same ball into the wind at TLU. Guess we'll see
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

umhbalum

I don't want to speculate but looked like Jase took a good shot to the ribs early in the 1st. I hope if he's got any injuries it's not serious

umhb2001

Quote from: trickytroy32 on November 17, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
What was up with HSU play calling in the fourth? Down 18 and your you're running the ball and doing reverses. Wow just wow. Great game by the Cru. Make the ASC proud.

That was the gameplan and they stuck to it. When the passed the ball, they had very little success.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

umhb2001

The D looked really good today. Looks like HSU was able to do some things that caught us off guard in the first half. The short fields really helped us, thus we didn't have to do much. When we had to, we did go for it, like at the end of the 1st half. The historical game plan of riding on the back of the D is what we did, and that worked fine.

On to Berry.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

CowboyAlum261

New chapter of the same story. HSU gets excellent play from the defense and special teams, but offense sputters from the get go. HSU outgained UMHB on the ground but because of playcalling mistakes and poor-QB play they come up short again. You cannot beat a better team when you throw 4 picks: 1 on a receiver, 1 on the coaching staff, and two horrible decisions from the QB. There's hope with the talent we have coming back, just a shame for these seniors to never make it past the first round.

Great game and great atmosphere from the Cru faithful as always. Y'all make great hosts, and I'm sure will represent Texas and the ASC with pride from here on out.

trickytroy32

When you're down by 18 with 5 minutes left running is not a option because time is against you. Passing may not have worked but at least you're trying to win. Running at that point is conceding the game before it's over.A game plan must adjust during a game and situations. 98,99,00,01 teams of HSU did that. In one game against HPU we were losing by 14 with five minutes left and won by 14 I believe and our qb threw 7 ints that game