FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pradierguy

Cool article about the 1993 Mount Union National championship team: http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20170820/mount-unions-1993-football-team-starts-dynamic-dynasty?platform=hootsuite

My favorite little nugget there was the team flew home after the game and went out in alliance to celebrate. I find it a miracle Brenda's, The Hood, etc survived that night. What a party it must have been.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Interesting facts:

Mount Union has 8 QBs on the roster.

3 Freshmen
4 Sophomores
1 Senior

Tallest QB is 6' 1" (Fulford)
Davis, Poorman and Powell are 6' 0"
Freshmen QBs are 5' 9", 5' 10" and 5' 11"

Last QB that had any significant playing time who was taller than 6' 1" was Matt Pilato (6' 6").  Neal Seaman was 6' 1".
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on August 20, 2017, 08:23:39 PM
Interesting facts:

Mount Union has 8 QBs on the roster.

3 Freshmen
4 Sophomores
1 Senior

Tallest QB is 6' 1" (Fulford)
Davis, Poorman and Powell are 6' 0"
Freshmen QBs are 5' 9", 5' 10" and 5' 11"

Last QB that had any significant playing time who was taller than 6' 1" was Matt Pilato (6' 6").  Neal Seaman was 6' 1".

I feel bad.  Our QB's shrunk!   ;D  Davis and Fulford were both listed as 6'2" last year.

For the "we need a bulkier back" camp...it looks like Evans-Morris is listed at 205 and Choat at 200 this year. 

It also jumped out at me that Trey Williams who played some backup LB as a frosh last year has bulked up to 255 according to the current roster.  Wonder if DL is the new path there?

raiderpa

Just saw a list on Yahoo of the 20 greatest college coaches of all time....Gagliardi listed at #3, Kehres omitted...are you kidding me???  Where have these people been for the past 25 years???  A few of the coaches listed are big names, but records are not that great. A couple are known cheaters...

BillyRayJimBob

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 16, 2017, 12:03:36 AM
Thanks, guys, I and the team appreciate the kudos. It's been a while since I pulled a spreadsheet and did the math but as of a week ago, about half of people had rounded up, and that was a pleasant sign for all involved here.

We know full well that the biggest fans are the ones who subscribe early and we don't necessarily expect that ratio to continue, but it is super helpful. It's been a tough year money-wise, unfortunately -- lots of ad blockers. :(

I just ordered it.
I did not for a few years, but really enjoyed it last year.
If you are on the fence, let me know ... I will cover the first five ladies.

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: raiderpa on August 21, 2017, 07:06:36 PM
Just saw a list on Yahoo of the 20 greatest college coaches of all time....Gagliardi listed at #3, Kehres omitted...are you kidding me???  Where have these people been for the past 25 years???  A few of the coaches listed are big names, but records are not that great. A couple are known cheaters...

That's because Kehres wasn't any good ;) Ha, I kid of course. I can confidently that I would put him on the list, if I were making it.

He built a legacy that made winning seem easy, nothing was inherited.
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

Dr. Acula

Only two more days until the W&J scrimmage.  Anyone planning on attending?  I'd really like to, but I don't think my work schedule is going to permit it. 

Raider 68

Quote from: Dr. Acula on August 22, 2017, 11:12:14 AM
Only two more days until the W&J scrimmage.  Anyone planning on attending?  I'd really like to, but I don't think my work schedule is going to permit it. 

Dr. Acula,

I wish I could attend.

Maybe these questions will become more clearly after Saturday;

- How does the O line look with some new faces?

- Who makes the best showing at QB?

- How does  the receiving group look this year, who stands out as the go to guy?

- Coaching adjustments, DC to OC and HC/DC, not sure this scrimmage will tell us much? :)
13 time Division III National Champions

MUC57

Dr Acula et al

I will be at the W&J scrimmage Thurs. Of course, I only live about 3 blocks from campus, making it a little easier to get there. I have been watching practice almost ever day. Damn, they look good.
I'm sure many of you would be a lot better at judging that than I.
Looking forward to a great season. As far as QB's go, all 3 of our sophs seem very sharp. Will VK rotate or try to pick one?
I just read what I wrote and it seems like rambling. Hope something worthwhile comes thru!
Sep. 2 is close!!!!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

hsbsballcoach7

I'm heading to the scrimmage as well. We probably won't get much other than a look at how much players have grown. I'm most interested in the handling of the QBs.

Sir Battlescars

I was talking with a Thomas More dad yesterday and he said there was pretty much zero chance of TMC joining the OAC. He said the OAC won't consider expanding to more than 10 (I don't blame them for that, 10 schools is perfect) and Wilmington wasn't going anywhere. He then went on to tell me that it was announced to the team that they were now strongly considering moving up to division 2.

Just thought I'd share this since there was some chatter about TMC joining the OAC a few weeks ago on this board.
2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!

purple

I paid for Kickoff. How do I access it?

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: purple on August 22, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
I paid for Kickoff. How do I access it?

They should email you a password. Go to d3football.com and click on the kickoff and sign in. Then just enjoy!

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: Sir Battlescars on August 22, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
I was talking with a Thomas More dad yesterday and he said there was pretty much zero chance of TMC joining the OAC. He said the OAC won't consider expanding to more than 10 (I don't blame them for that, 10 schools is perfect) and Wilmington wasn't going anywhere. He then went on to tell me that it was announced to the team that they were now strongly considering moving up to division 2.

Just thought I'd share this since there was some chatter about TMC joining the OAC a few weeks ago on this board.

I have heard the D2 move as well; and I definitely agree the OAC will not expand past 10. However, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, and he said that there are rumblings in the NCAC that Wittenberg is moving back to the OAC, and that Wilmington and Muskingum are both looking to leave the OAC, Wilmington to the Heartland, and no word yet for Muskingum.

I am not sure why Wittenberg would move, and I by no means speak with any authority, but thought you all would be interested in hearing this.
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on August 23, 2017, 10:43:58 AM
Quote from: Sir Battlescars on August 22, 2017, 05:31:46 PM

I have heard the D2 move as well; and I definitely agree the OAC will not expand past 10. However, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, and he said that there are rumblings in the NCAC that Wittenberg is moving back to the OAC, and that Wilmington and Muskingum are both looking to leave the OAC, Wilmington to the Heartland, and no word yet for Muskingum.

I am not sure why Wittenberg would move, and I by no means speak with any authority, but thought you all would be interested in hearing this.

I'd love to see Witt return to the OAC.  It'd be great news for us, but man that would really hurt the NCAC considering Witt's position over there. 

As for Wilm and Musky...I've posted more than once regarding the lack of athletic competitiveness across the board for both.  I think it's pretty much a consensus opinion (on here) that a return to the HCAC is wise for Wilm.  It just makes sense, right?  Musky I'm just not sure where they'd go.  If Wilm returned to the HCAC that'd put them at 10 schools.  The NCAC won't take them.  Maybe TMC moves up and Musky slides over to the PAC?