ASC In-game updates

Started by Ralph Turner, September 12, 2009, 01:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

Trinity defense holds (TLU helps by calling two running plays which haven't worked all night), 65 yards away with 3:32 to play. 

Toby Taff

My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Toby Taff

McM TD pass XP - good 27-22 MCM
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Ron Boerger

Trinity on the TLU 26, 3rd and 6, 1:11 to go.   Time out, TLU.  

First year PK Garrett Biel's collegiate career long is 43 yards (last week).

Trinity gets a first down on a pass to the 15, then no gain.  TLU timeout, 0:39 left.  

Davidson gains four on a keeper, Trinity timeout, 0:15 left.

Toby Taff

Interesting KO.  Kicker lined up short and #95 kicked off deep

Ron Boerger

Davidson runs to the center of the field and slides down.  With 0:03, it'll be on the foot of a freshman, who will attempt a 34 yard FG from dead center.

TLU takes its last timeout. 

Ron Boerger

Field goal is good, Trinity escapes with an improbable 22-21 win.

Toby Taff

AC just misses on a TD pass.  Right over the receiver's head.  4th & 4

Toby Taff

Pass interference MCM. TD AC

Toby Taff

Beautiful 2pt conversion play.  30-27 AC

Toby Taff

Another big catch and run.  McM ball on AC's 36

Toby Taff

AC.INT. 

Air raid siren is quite annoying

Toby Taff

What does the rain have in common with AC's rushing attack...McM couldn't stop either of them.  My assessment from seeing the 2nd half of a rain soaked game is that McM can score quickly.  The QB has good feet that saved him and set up big plays on several occasions tonight when a d-lineman was hot on his tail (not unlike Feaster).  The receivers look pretty good as well, but the running game is poor and the McM Defense is porous.  AC was getting big chunks of yardage up the middle and did pretty well on the edges. 

I could see this McM team being like the team from 2005.  The QB, Sellers, looked great until late in the HSU game when HSU started getting to him and  really hit him hard.  Sellers fell apart and in the next game MHB's D was relentless and the Cru put 72 on them.  I don't think score-wise that will be the case, but I can see the HSU and MHB Defenses putting a hurt on him unlike any other he'll see.  ANd I definitely can envision the Cru running game eating the defense I saw tonight for breakfast.

Toby Taff

@ the HSU game end of the 3rd. HSU put Feaster in the game

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Toby Taff on September 19, 2009, 05:08:01 PM
@ the HSU game end of the 3rd. HSU put Feaster in the game

LC up 20-7, this has been one interesting day