Swimming and College of Staten Island

Started by jknezek, November 21, 2013, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

The College of State Island's athletic department was just put on 4 years probation for lack of institutional control related to the men's swimming program. A 2 year postseason ban for the swim team was also tacked on.

I grew up in NJ and never even knew this CUNY school existed, but it sounds like they let a coach run amuck. Saw the article on my Bloomberg Terminal, so I can't link to the article.

smedindy

Knightstalker

Quote from: jknezek on November 21, 2013, 04:27:01 PM
The College of State Island's athletic department was just put on 4 years probation for lack of institutional control related to the men's swimming program. A 2 year postseason ban for the swim team was also tacked on.

I grew up in NJ and never even knew this CUNY school existed, but it sounds like they let a coach run amuck. Saw the article on my Bloomberg Terminal, so I can't link to the article.

I guess the coach thought he was still coaching in the old Soviet Union.   ;D

The only thing anyone from NJ wanted to know about Staten Island is what direction the wind was blowing so we could avoid the stench from the landfills.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Saw the article on my Bloomberg Terminal, so I can't link to the article.

#humblebrag
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

jknezek

Quote from: Hoops Fan on November 21, 2013, 10:31:57 PM

#humblebrag

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought of it that way but I started out working at Bloomberg so I've used one my entire career. I do, however, get the concept.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: jknezek on November 22, 2013, 10:07:03 AM

#humblebrag

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought of it that way but I started out working at Bloomberg so I've used one my entire career. I do, however, get the concept.

Not said with any animosity either, there's just not that many of them in the grand scheme of things and they've got a pretty elite user base.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

jknezek

Quote from: Hoops Fan on November 22, 2013, 12:47:31 PM
Quote from: jknezek on November 22, 2013, 10:07:03 AM

#humblebrag

Not said with any animosity either, there's just not that many of them in the grand scheme of things and they've got a pretty elite user base.

Yeah I understood it and thought it was pretty good. Just didn't think of it ahead of time. There may not be that many in the grand scheme of things, but they did make Mayor Mike a very, very rich man! Amazing how the money adds up at something close to 2K per month right now!