2017 Conversation Starter (News, Coaching Carousel, Rumor Mill, etc)

Started by DivisionIIISoccerSource, January 26, 2017, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DivisionIIISoccerSource

I'm not sure if this is the case... Ursinus has been still getting kids on the recruiting trail. 6 that I've seen so far... but it still is posted so maybe?

https://www.ursinus.edu/live/profiles/2683-head-coach-womens-soccer/templates/details/profiles-jobs.php

i know they posted but Wash. College in MD posted it last year too and never changed coach. they should have from looks of it...

Quote from: Abitofeverything on March 03, 2017, 12:46:33 PM
Ursinus College also open.

cciw83

Glad to see McCallie Jones, assistant at Goucher, is getting a chance at a head coaching position at at Emory & Henry. Remember her from two years ago at CASL where she made a good impression with parents and club coaches.

Abitofeverything

Heard that a former D1 coach with NC D3 roots is in the hunt at Guilford...any truth to that?

DivisionIIISoccerSource

Not sure about this. It's a a highly sought after position; I imagine they wouldn't go that direction. Maybe someone with experience in D3 and can build more where previous coach left off? It's ODAC so I assume that Coach left a list of recommended coaches to help make a quick transition that will keep the program stable with no hiccups in conference.

Quote from: Abitofeverything on March 04, 2017, 06:07:33 PM
Heard that a former D1 coach with NC D3 roots is in the hunt at Guilford...any truth to that?

And I hold my reservations about this. Administration doesn't help and the program had several players quit. It's going to be a mess. We'll see what happens. Curious to watch.

Quote from: cciw83 on March 04, 2017, 09:30:59 AM
Glad to see McCallie Jones, assistant at Goucher, is getting a chance at a hehad coaching position at at Emory & Henry. Remember her from two years ago at CASL where she made a good impression with parents and club coaches.

Abitofeverything

Quote from: DivisionIIISoccerSource on March 06, 2017, 08:33:32 PM
Not sure about this. It's a a highly sought after position; I imagine they wouldn't go that direction. Maybe someone with experience in D3 and can build more where previous coach left off? It's ODAC so I assume that Coach left a list of recommended coaches to help make a quick transition that will keep the program stable with no hiccups in conference.

Quote from: Abitofeverything on March 04, 2017, 06:07:33 PM

And I hold my reservations about this. Administration doesn't help and the program had several players quit. It's going to be a mess. We'll see what happens. Curious to watch.

The person I heard has significant D3 background and success!!! He's rebuilt every D3 program he's been the lead of, and always left those programs 10x better then they were when he arrived. GC sounds like they need someone with this type of experience, but most importantly, know how to win. The ODAC is a super conference, but GC could be in that upper 4 with this guy.

Abitofeverything

Ursinus, Washington College, Western Conn St, Newbury (MA), Wentworth (MA), SUNY Delhi.....an other D3 jobs still open?

DivisionIIISoccerSource

SUNY is NAIA and apparently 2 year per friend who lives there.
Ursinus open atm. So is Western Conn and Newbury. Wentworth has to be close to naming and Washington is on final stages.
Quote from: Abitofeverything on March 13, 2017, 11:35:55 AM
Ursinus, Washington College, Western Conn St, Newbury (MA), Wentworth (MA), SUNY Delhi.....an other D3 jobs still open?

Abitofeverything

Ursinus hires Alfred U coach who only won 16 matches in 4 years...WOW, new direction! Hard to believe that she was the "best" candidate available. It wouldn't surprise me if Washington College goes the same route.

Alfred now open!

Abitofeverything

Any rumors out there about Alfred, Guilford, Rutgers-Camden, Thomas More, any others?

Abitofeverything

cciw83

Nothing on the coaching changes, but the CCIW and some of the other Midwestern schools have jumped out ahead of everyone and posted their 2017 schedule. Wheaton has some good strength-of-schedule early season non-conference games with Roanoke, Lynchburg, Calvin, U. of Chicago and Washington U.

It will be interesting to see when other schools start posting their 2017 games, as strength of schedule seems to be getting more important every year.

Abitofeverything

April....any decisions out there for these programs?

Guilford
Alfred
UNE
Western Conn St
Wentworth
Iowa Wesleyan

Any I missed?

Abitofeverything

Heard that GC was offered, but turned down. Any truth to that?