WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbald eagle

Coach Finney's already posted his "tenative" Marymount roster: 6 freshmen with a good deal of new height.

bisonpride

We all know that winningest coach in school's history, Maggie Lonergan is not coach at Catholic anymore due to her husband, Mike's D-I job at University of Vermont. Wish the best lucks to the Lonergan family as well as Cards family in upcoming season.

bbald eagle

Hmm .... All is quiet on the board on the eve of tryouts and practices.  No news anywhere? No new recruits? No rabid fans? No word on the league's new coaches? Players who've transferred in or decided not to play? Predictions? Time to come to life ... the season will be on us soon!

eaglemaniac

The UMW roster is up......... 6 newcomers added to the 7 returning players.
I may not always be Right........But I'm never Wrong!

eaglemaniac

Mary Washington ranked 24th in the Women's D III News Preseason top 25 Poll. Way to go Eagles!

bbald eagle

??? I can't find any rankings on the site. Where did you get this? Insider info? What's the rest of the rankings? Any more CAC?

eaglemaniac

WOMEN'S DIII NEWS PRESEASON TOP 25 POLL
(RELEASED OCTOBER 17, 2005)

# TEAM 2004-2005 Record
1. Southern Maine 31-3
2. Randolph-Macon 30-2
3. Millikin 29-2
4. Baldwin-Wallace 23-6
5. Scranton 29-3
6. Bowdoin 26-3
7. Washington (Mo.) 22-5
8. Capital 20-6
9. Albion 25-5
10. Springfield 25-6
11. Buena Vista 25-3
12. Wilmington 23-5
13. Wisconsin Oshkosh 22-6
14. Washington & Jefferson 21-7
15. Salem State 21-7
16. New York University 23-5
17. Moravian 24-6
18. George Fox 22-6
19. Hope 23-4
20. Emmanuel 27-3
21. Chapman 21-6
22. McDaniel 25-4
23. Maryville (Tenn.) 19-9
24. Mary Washington 23-7
25. Wisconsin Stevens Point 21-6

My Bad..........

bbald eagle

Thanks for posting the list.   ;D  I still can't find the list online at the Women's DIII News: I guess Women's DIII News doesn't want you to know its rankings unless you subscribe!  >:( I wonder when D3sports.com will post its preseason picks & how similar the 2 lists will be.

eaglemaniac

I don't think they post em on the web. As you said , they make you subscribe to the Newsletter to get the poll.  I will also be interested to see how the D3hoops.com Poll will compare. Of course the PRESEASON doesn't mean much but it's a nice place to start...........

bbald eagle

Half the league has posted rosters so far.

Those who have posted will have lots of new faces: Mary Washington (6 returning, 7 frosh); Marymount (8 returning, 6 frosh); St. Mary's (7 returning, 7 frosh); York (8 returning, 6 frosh).

Catholic, Gallaudet, Goucher, & Salisbury haven't posted rosters that I can find.  >:(

Pat Coleman

Quote from: eaglemaniac on October 24, 2005, 02:32:25 PM
Women's DIII News, published since 1993, is the leading publication covering women's Division III basketball. It is published 12 times during the basketball season.

Just because they claim it doesn't mean you have to repeat it and doesn't mean it's true. :)

We only publish about 200 times during the basketball season. Bummer.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bbald eagle

& D3sports.com has more readers, too, I'd wager.

The D3sports.com men's preseason poll has two CAC teams but the women's preseason poll isn't posted yet.  I wonder if any women's teams will be recognized preseason? No CAC presence in the site's final poll of last year or in its All-American choices last season suggests maybe not.

bbald eagle

Salisbury now has posted its roster.  More upperclassmen than other teams: 11 returnees, 4 frosh.  And Gen Olds will be back, too - but as an assistant coach.

eaglemaniac

Just because they claim it doesn't mean you have to repeat it and doesn't mean it's true. :)

We only publish about 200 times during the basketball season. Bummer.

As Agent 86 would say........Sorry about that Chief. :)

bbald eagle

CAC skunked in d3hoops.com's preseason poll  :(