WBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by luvleeballa21, November 11, 2004, 10:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kersfather

Quote from: PostingUp on December 11, 2005, 12:42:15 AM
what's your take on the best and worst coaches of the conference??

This is a no-brainer for worst in the conference, Gabby Lisella at Rowan. She took a program that was once a powerhouse, always in the NCAA's, and doing quite well once selected, and now has a program that has not even won the conference a single time, yet alone made it to the Nat'l tourney during her tenure.

njacfan

Henderson from TCNJ, Fussner from Stockton have to be regarded as the best coaches in the NJAC. Sharp at Kean and Monahan at Paterson are also very good coaches.  Lisella at Rowan needs some better recruiting.

Knightstalker

NJCU got a big win last night and right now are only two games out of the playoffs.  Of course I don't expect the to make the playoffs but I think they will scare a couple more teams.  I think Ashante Timoll has a very strong shot at coach of the year if the Knights keep playing like they are.  They have an all-conference and possibly all-american pg in McNair, a probable all NJAC forward in Kabba and possibly Goodman.  They are playing good defense and are moving the ball around intelligently.  Will they make the NJAC playoffs, probably not, are they a fun team to watch, yes and they are building a good foundation.  I hope they keep it up.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

whateve32

Who do you think will win the NJAC? I think it is pretty wide open. I'd like to see the domiance of the NJAC come back. It used to be there? What does eveyone think?

njacfan

Looks like Stockton and Montclair are the best 2 in the conference right now. WPU and TCNJ should be in the semi-finals as well. Stockton is the best team, but can they play to their potential the rest of the way?

mwcsid

Was very impressed by the class of TCNJ players, coaches, and fans at UMW tonight. Congrats to the Lions on a great year and NJAC title. 

bbald eagle

The Fredericksburg VA newspaper on the game last night between Mary Washington and TCNJ:

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/032006/03042006/172786

phil

TCNJ picked up a transfer to make up for the four starters they lost. From the TCNJ media guide:
Hillary Klimowicz, a 6-2 center, joins the Lions after a season at NCAA Division I St. Joseph's University, where she was tabbed the Atlantic 10 and Big Five Rookie of the Year.

Not the normal DIII transfer to say the least. She broke the single season record for blocks at St. Joes as a frosh.

eaglemaniac

Any idea of why she transfered?
I may not always be Right........But I'm never Wrong!

phil

No idea. Better school?  ;D

skaneshiki

USA TODAY's College Preview Section had a quote from Coach Henderson on why Klimowitz transferred to The College of New Jersey:

"She didn't want to be a Division I athlete. She didn't want to play basketball four hours a day . . . she wanted more for her college education."

It also said that TCNJ might not be on anyone's pre-season polls, but to watch out for them as the season progresses.

goramapo

how do you think the conference will breakdown the good teams solid teams and the bad teams?? Hopefully Ramapo will improve this year the last two years have been so-so at best.......

sp0rtsfan

Ramapo is in for a long long season. They're turing the ball over way too much and the PG is taking the majority of the shots. That's certainly not the recipe of a winning team.

TCNJ will be tough to beat, especially down the stretch, since they added Hillary K. to their roster. At some point during the season, when they need it most, she will start to dominate the league.

MSU is always a tough team, however, I don't think they have enough firepower beyond the arc to be a serious post season contender. They need others besides Warrington and Horan to be a long range threat. Then again, recent loses to great teams like Kings, Scranton and  Bowdoin may give them the experience they need to take the NJAC. 

Knightstalker

How horrible has the Rowan program become, they lost to NJCU yesterday.  It seems that the two programs are going in opposite directions.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

njachoopsfan

You're absolutely right Knightstalker, Rowan's woman's program needs a complete overhaul.   Once the cream of the NJAC, the Profs have floundered in recent years.   I am surprised that Rowan, who always prided themselves on having a winning woman's program, has stuck with Lisella this long... Who knows maybe a 2-11 NJAC record and 9-16 overall record will push the AD to make a change.