FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: purple on October 09, 2019, 09:16:52 PM
Mount Union quarterback D'Angelo Fulford is currently NCAA D3"s highest rated passer with a 223.7 passer rating.

Wilmington junior QB Kyle Barrett leads the conference and is ninth nationally in passing yards with 1,321 and fifth nationally in total offense (1,398).
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

skunks_sidekick

You know when Mount has entered "the dead/boring part of the schedule" when we spend this amount of time discussing running up the score or not philosophies.   ;)

D Fulford is on a blazing pace to possibly get close to Borchert-like numbers for a season.  Not sure if he can get there based on the amount (or lack thereof)of playing time the 1's will get for the remainder of the season.

Glad to see the freshman QB is getting solid playing time.  I can tell you that LK is very high on the kid.

Captainred81

Plunk looks good so far, and it's great that he's getting to see the field and throw to some talented receivers.  I definitely like the accuracy coming from Fulford.  I know he was a little banged up throughout the playoffs last year, but his accuracy was not great.  When Mount's passing game is humming along like it is now, they are tough to stop.  Their run game seems to get an extra boost when the passing game is so efficient... (no duh).  Assuming the passing games stays true, this year's Stagg could look a lot different. 

With all that being said, I would love to see a game with 300+ total yards on the ground.  Mostly from running backs. 
Any W.I.N is a B.F.D

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

pradierguy

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on October 10, 2019, 01:19:53 PM
Uh oh:

https://www.d3football.com/notables/2019/10/umhb-to-appeal-vacation-of-title

Ah, yes. The only reason UMHB was successful in 2016 is because the HC loaned his 10 year old Suburu to two players. (Eye rolls for days)

Dr. Acula

Quote from: pradierguy on October 10, 2019, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on October 10, 2019, 01:19:53 PM
Uh oh:

https://www.d3football.com/notables/2019/10/umhb-to-appeal-vacation-of-title

Ah, yes. The only reason UMHB was successful in 2016 is because the HC loaned his 10 year old Suburu to two players. (Eye rolls for days)

Vacating of wins for 2016 and 2017?  WTF.  How many hours and how much money has been wasted on this "investigation"?  If coach had loaned (wink wink) his new 911 to his star QB for the year then okay.  I think we'd all agree that's fishy.  But he loaned a 2006 Subaru to two different players.  My 70 year old mom drives a Subaru so I'm guessing that's not a hot car for college guys.  The NCAA is never capable of exercising any common sense.  I'm sure it's an infraction, but use some judgment on the punishment in light of the facts.  Just dumb.

joelmama

Quote from: BillyRayJimBob on October 04, 2019, 10:09:11 PM
Quote from: theaprof on October 02, 2019, 02:24:38 PM
I also remember a playoff game a number of years ago (I think maybe it was against Simpson, but I am not sure) when the blimp was coming back from somewhere south and east of here (Pittsburgh maybe) and flew several circles around Mount Union Stadium in the middle of the game.  It then headed off to home.
I am a little behind, and with time on my hands ... NOT in solitary confinement any more, may you all know, and thank you very much!  That Simpson "contest" eventually led to my first Stagg Bowl attendance ... in the West stands.
Mr. Mom is touting his, and his Frat girlfriends' experience, mooning the Blimp in 1980, in another post that I cannot blend into this post because I am old, and challenged, and forgetful ... and the "Walking Boss" is watching over my shoulder right now.
On a 1980 Saturday, during college, I was selling underwear and clothing in a men's store in nearby Sebring.  (Could have sold something to cover up Mr. Mom's embarrassment in 1980 ...  ;D.)  That little store is where I did meet Coach Wable a couple of times; quite the gentleman.  Looked great in a dress hat (late fall weather, but no playoffs for Mount Union at the time) vice a gameday ballcap.  He said he heard there were a couple of good lineman on the Sebring team.  (Not sure when Sebring was ever known for football, but a rare year, time to time, there was a good athlete.)  I think that was the year we had an OL that went to Muskingum, eventually was an Assistant Coach at Georgia Tech, and who knows where he is at today.  (I do not have any more nickels to put in the Google to learn more.)
I grew up in Sebring and I am certain there were no men's stores there in 1980. Are you sure it wasn't Roberts in Alliance I also worked there for a short time.

BillyRayJimBob

Quote from: joelmama on October 10, 2019, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: BillyRayJimBob on October 04, 2019, 10:09:11 PM
Quote from: theaprof on October 02, 2019, 02:24:38 PM
I also remember a playoff game a number of years ago (I think maybe it was against Simpson, but I am not sure) when the blimp was coming back from somewhere south and east of here (Pittsburgh maybe) and flew several circles around Mount Union Stadium in the middle of the game.  It then headed off to home.
I am a little behind, and with time on my hands ... NOT in solitary confinement any more, may you all know, and thank you very much!  That Simpson "contest" eventually led to my first Stagg Bowl attendance ... in the West stands.
Mr. Mom is touting his, and his Frat girlfriends' experience, mooning the Blimp in 1980, in another post that I cannot blend into this post because I am old, and challenged, and forgetful ... and the "Walking Boss" is watching over my shoulder right now.
On a 1980 Saturday, during college, I was selling underwear and clothing in a men's store in nearby Sebring.  (Could have sold something to cover up Mr. Mom's embarrassment in 1980 ...  ;D.)  That little store is where I did meet Coach Wable a couple of times; quite the gentleman.  Looked great in a dress hat (late fall weather, but no playoffs for Mount Union at the time) vice a gameday ballcap.  He said he heard there were a couple of good lineman on the Sebring team.  (Not sure when Sebring was ever known for football, but a rare year, time to time, there was a good athlete.)  I think that was the year we had an OL that went to Muskingum, eventually was an Assistant Coach at Georgia Tech, and who knows where he is at today.  (I do not have any more nickels to put in the Google to learn more.)
I grew up in Sebring and I am certain there were no men's stores there in 1980. Are you sure it wasn't Roberts in Alliance I also worked there for a short time.
You are forgetting that I grew up there too, a year ahead of you in school.
It was Bob Vogel's, that Jeff Dalton bought, then opened under his own name, then moved across the street, up closer to Ohio Avenue, next to the old Elsass,' which became a Collins' (both in the old Herman Building, across the street from Lucy's Eat-a-Rama).  I am "certain" that I worked there, in Sebring, February 1979 until graduating MUC and leaving for the Air Force in August 1981.  (Jeff went out of business a couple of years later.)  If you still have your 1977 Trojan yearbook, look at the last page of ads.  The men's store was at that location (by the alley), two doors down from Ashton's Ben Franklin, when I started working there in 1979.  SHEEESH!!!
For what it is worth, I worked at Robert's Men's and Boy's Wear in Alliance as well, November 1977 through February 1979 (but with some time off to return to Alliance Country Club, spring through summer 1978).  Hugh Jae got me the job at Robert's.
Now...  Back to your regularly scheduled OAC Football programming.

hsbsballcoach7

According to the Canton Repository article on Frazier Daniel, he was given another year of eligibility if he wants it. Big news if he stays bc Mount would be returning 2 starters.

raiderpa

Again, the NCAA looks like fools for overreacting to, what seems to be, a non issue.  A coach loaning a kid a junker.  How are kids at major universities driving brand new shiny rides?  Ohio State players were given sweetheart deals at local dealerships and the punishment was minor.  I personally saw a Buckeye player driving a brand new SUV a couple years ago with his number on the plate, doubt a college player could afford a 40K BMW...
Pete made a mistake, but I doubt it was a recruiting inducement.  The NCAA needs to go after the sharks, not the minnows.

Pat Coleman

Division III members police Division III rules and Division I members police Division I rules. It's not really accurate to suggest that "the NCAA" is going after one thing and not the other because it's not the same group at all.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Captainred81

2 Things

A)  It sucks the UMHB has to or might have to vacate their records and championship.  I get why the punishment is harsh.  I just don't like it.

B)  I noticed on Mounts 2 deep roster that Ernie Burkes is not listed at WR at all, but he is still listed at Punt Returner.  Meanwhile, Robbie Kirchner is now listed with the 1's at WR, and no longer at PR.  The coaches or either shaking things up this week to get some people some looks, or they must have seen something in Robbie last week that they like.

Any thoughts? 
Any W.I.N is a B.F.D

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Captainred81 on October 11, 2019, 03:52:57 PM
2 Things

A)  It sucks the UMHB has to or might have to vacate their records and championship.  I get why the punishment is harsh.  I just don't like it.

B)  I noticed on Mounts 2 deep roster that Ernie Burkes is not listed at WR at all, but he is still listed at Punt Returner.  Meanwhile, Robbie Kirchner is now listed with the 1's at WR, and no longer at PR.  The coaches or either shaking things up this week to get some people some looks, or they must have seen something in Robbie last week that they like.

Any thoughts?

I noticed that Burkes wasn't even listed as the backup at that WR spot this week either.  Another soph. is the backup.  I could see if he was a little dinged up maybe give him a precautionary week off at WR, but still have him be the holder.  But being listed as the #1 PR seemed odd to me. 

The good thing about Wilm is Barrett is going to sling the ball around.  It will be a good challenge for the secondary.  Wilm has two WR's averaging over 110 yds/game including Richardson who is always a big play threat (30.5 yds/rec).  They're 1-3, but most of us have been around long enough to know Wilm has more talent, especially at the skill positions, than they historically have had.     

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Low angle camera at Wilmington is horrible

archgemini24

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on October 12, 2019, 01:34:53 PM
Low angle camera at Wilmington is horrible

At least it is free.

I know teams do Mount a favor when they run the ball, but the disparity between the Raider Pass D and Rush D must be as frustrating to us as it is to the coaches. Getting beat in obvious passing situations is discouraging.