BB: Fall Ball Central Region

Started by GoldmanCO, October 10, 2007, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldmanCO

Has anyone heard if there is a schedule for fall ball in the Central Conference trying to catch up on Augustana? Do they have the 2008 roster out yet?

goldengear

Don't think there is much to fall ball in D3, they play alot of intra squads and such, but I don't think they allowed to play outside schools more than one day per fall or something like that along with usually an alumni game.

GoldmanCO

Thanks for the update. My son is a freshman at Augustana this year...

Bob Maxwell

goldengear is correct... not allowed to play outside competition for more then one date.

GoldmanCO

Thanks for the update I guess as time goes along I will get more informed. How about those Rockies was at the game last night with my 76 year father and it was awesome.... I know my son would of wanted to be there ??? But that is why you go to college....

BigPoppa

Which teams should we be looking at as potential NCAA tournament teams for 2008?

How does each conference look? Predictions? Let's get some baseball talk going now that fall ball has quieted down.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Mr. Ypsi

I can't address other conferences (or even other teams in the CCIW!), but IWU should be as strong or perhaps even stronger than last year.  We graduated two 2nd-team all-CCIW, 3rd-team all-region, pitchers in starter Robert Inzinga and top reliever Travis Myers, but the Titans were so deep in pitching (a conference TEAM ERA of 1.38!!) that they may barely notice (what a luxury to be able to say that!).  They also graduated 2nd-team all-CCIW center fielder Mike Berry, but I don't doubt they will find a worthy successor.  With a reportedly strong freshman class (do coaches ever admit to a 'crappy' freshman class?! ;D), I'm optimistic about another post-season run (hopefully longer than last season!).

But I'll go way out on a limb and say that even if they are even stronger than before, they will NOT go 20-1 in the CCIW!  That sort of a magical season is not likely to be repeated anytime soon.

BigPoppa

YPSI- I think the CCIW will be quite a battle this year. Here is how I see it:

1. IWU (... and it pains me to say that)
2. Carthage (Should be poised to run with last year's momentum and get back on track)
3. Augustana (tons of athletes every year)
4. Elmhurst (up and coming)
5. North Park (Still one year away... could be a darkhorse)
6. North Central (what happened to this program?)
7. Wheaton (nice guys do not win baseball games)
8. Millikin (no comment)
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

GoldmanCO

Well I can't tell you much about the CCIW since this will be my son's freshmen year. I can tell you that Augustana was very active in recruiting in Colorado area since they have a strong Alumi base. They will have a good showing from the Colorado contingent (not that my son is one just know the type of competitors they are. So how they so up in the ranking I dont have a clue? Where should I go to get more inside info? Do you know when they post the new rosters or shedules?

goldengear

Some schools post their rosters and schedules already, some haven't. Most should have them up by January for sure.

GoldmanCO

Thanks for the update I agree we need more baseball talk and excited for the upcoming season...

knarocky22

Augustana lost Meisenbach behind the plate and Pietroski in the outfield.  Everyone else is back.  Engle redshirted his freshman year so he is back this year.  After a run to the regional finals last season, Augie seems ready to make another run at the postseason this year.

As it has been the last few years, it appears it will be a 3-team battle at the top between IWU, Carthage, and Augie.

thenatural13

good ol' kyle arthur. Sure cant defend Augie anymore since you decided not to play. YOUR SENIOR YEAR!.. but yeah augie puts up a good team every year. However the CCIW simply cannot compete once the get past regionals.

theoneandonly

Anyone have any info on how the fall seasons went this year?
Baseball players get to every base.