WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird Dog

Any thoughts on player of the year or first team all conference. 

If Simpson wins the Tournament I see only one team going to tournament.  If someone else wins we might get two.  Thoughts?

doolittledog

My prediction is I will have the Dubuque games on my work computer as a slave away at the office tonight.

If the UD women hold to recent form, Cornell will jump out to an early lead...coach Noll calls a timeout...UD plays the rest of the game in a press...Cornell tires out in the 2nd half...UD takes lead with about 3-4 minutes left and wins by 4-5 points.  I dance around the office because no one is here to see me. 

Bird Dog

Quote from: doolittledog on February 21, 2012, 05:03:33 PM
My prediction is I will have the Dubuque games on my work computer as a slave away at the office tonight.

If the UD women hold to recent form, Cornell will jump out to an early lead...coach Noll calls a timeout...UD plays the rest of the game in a press...Cornell tires out in the 2nd half...UD takes lead with about 3-4 minutes left and wins by 4-5 points.  I dance around the office because no one is here to see me.

Don't anyone repeat this PARTY AT DOOLITTLEDOG'S OFFICE TONIGHT BYOB AND SOME TO SHARE WITH THE DOG, I'LL PICK UP A COUPLE OF PIZZA WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO BRING A VEGGIE TRAY, CHIPS/PRETZELS. AND OTHER FINGER FOODS. 

doolittledog

I can't get the UD video to work.  If the live stats is correct...Cornell is leading at the half 38-23.  There won't be any dancing going on here tonight by me.  Though I will most likely get my work done faster!!!

Cornell women win 79-64 at UD.

Great season for the UD women.  They started out 0-4 in conference play and finished 10-6 and a 3rd seed.  Thank you to the Spartan seniors and on to next year now!!!

Bird Dog

Loras up 30 to 28 at halftime.

Bird Dog

Wartburg beats Loras 59 to 53 in OT.

Thursdays Games

Wartburg at Simpson

Cornell at Coe

Bird Dog

Simpson vs. Coe third time in three years and four of the last five. From here it looks like Coe has to win to get into the NCAA.  Simpson could get in with a loss.

Waskow became Coe's career leading scorer last night.  Her and Kelsey Jipp will use red shirt next year which should bode well for Coe's continued success.

doolittledog

Quote from: Bird Dog on February 24, 2012, 11:20:41 AM
Simpson vs. Coe third time in three years and four of the last five. From here it looks like Coe has to win to get into the NCAA.  Simpson could get in with a loss.

Waskow became Coe's career leading scorer last night.  Her and Kelsey Jipp will use red shirt next year which should bode well for Coe's continued success.

Yawn...it's like MUC vs. Whitewater in football year after year after year ;D

Kohawk Krazy

Congrats to the Kohawks on the huge win yesterday.  Only team to beat Simpson at home the past two years.  Can honestly say I didn't see a win that big coming. Should be interesting to see where they are heading in the NCAA's and if Simpson gets in.

LA RAMS

The guess here is that Coe will be coming up to Twin Cities to play in the UST pod.  According to the D3 Hoops projected brackets, it LOOKS as if Simpson will get sent over to UW-Stevens Point.

Congrats to Randy Peterson and her squad for doing it again.
"Beating 'SC is not a matter of life or death.  It's more important than that."  Former UCLA Head Football Coach Red Sanders

Kohawk Krazy

Tough first round matchups for both the Kohawks and the Storm.  Hoping they can both advance.  Would be great for the league.

LA RAMS

Am glad Coe is finally coming up to the Twin Cities as I have not had a chance to see them play.  Should be a VERY good game with UW-River Falls.
"Beating 'SC is not a matter of life or death.  It's more important than that."  Former UCLA Head Football Coach Red Sanders

Bird Dog

Congrats to POY Kayla Waskow (Coe) and Defensive player Leslie Wilson (Wart).  IIAC posted the teams today. 

Leslie Ware (Coe) gets second team nod.  Her first post season award which I think is long over due.  I thought she deserved a second team pick two years ago. She couldn't squeeze in last year with Coe posting three 1st team players and a Defensive Player of the Year. The conference just isn't going to give a fifth player an honor. 

Bird Dog

Congratulations to Coe on another outstanding season.  With Kayla Waskow and Kelsey Jipp returning for red shirt senior years Coe loses Seniors Leslie Ware and Sarah Waskow.  Coe averaged 69 pts. per game and lose 11.5 with the loss of the two Seniors. 

With a healthy Mary Halverson, Lindsey Buckles, and Caitlyn Kray, providing additional leadership and great physical skills:  With Mac Reed and Megan Hayes refining their great physical talents and gaining experience this year:  With a bench load of talent that will be pushing everyone to get better Coe's future looks bright. 

Five years ago Coe had 5 seniors, two sophomores and the rest of the team were freshman.  It appears Coach Peterson has accomplished a balance of players in each class needed to provide continuity to a good basketball program. 

My WIFE was complaining in my last post that I snubbed (unintentional on my part) Megan Hayes by not mentioning her making the IIAC second team.  I have a feeling she and a lot of other players on this team are going to garner a lot more awards.

I haven't looked at the other teams returning players but as it stands now I think Coe would have to be the preseason favorite for next year. 

Bird Dog

Rank   School (1st place votes)   Points   2011-12 Record
1    Coe (6)                  55    21-8,      12-4 IIAC
2    Simpson (1)    48    21-7,      13-3 IIAC
3    Loras (1)    43    14-12,      9-7 IIAC
4    Wartburg    40    18-9,      10-6 IIAC
5    Dubuque        34           15-11,    10-6 IIAC
6    Buena Vista    23           11-14,      6-10 IIAC
7    Luther                  20     6-19,       3-13 IIAC
8    Central                  17    7-18,        2-14 IIAC

Coaches preseason poll is out Coe with a returning POY Kayla Waskow, 2nd team all conference selection Megan Hayes, two other starters including 5th year senior Kelsey Jipp and significant firepower off the bench it looks like a good season for the Kohawks. 

Simpson plays a lot of players in every game will reload without Stacey Shutjer.   Simpson always seems ahead of the curve in the early season because of the game savy players that have a lot of minutes experience.