WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

He is doing a great job at Bucknell,That home record pretty impressive 12-1.They always say nice to be home in the Tournament playoffs!That is what you fight for all year.Good Luck the rest of the way!!!!

gordonmann

I saw something similar with some kind of shot clock light issue at a MAC Commonwealth regular season men's game between Albright and Leb Val a couple years ago. Leb Val was awarded technical shots. The LVC p[layer intentionally bricked em and we started at 0-0.

Rofrog

Gordon see last year they played with them throughout the season and playoffs.Then this year the whole season until the first playoff game why not catch it last year?

Rofrog

I mean it didnt make no difference they lost but I think Martin will be on the horn with someone!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Rofrog on March 08, 2020, 05:35:44 PM
I mean it didnt make no difference they lost but I think Martin will be on the horn with someone!

Good idea. Should definitely get someone to fix the light.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 08, 2020, 05:57:07 PM

Better idea - fix the enforcement procedure    ::)

Rofrog

Let me ask a question CNU and Endicott played the second night not sure someone fixed it,who got the technical that night?

saratoga

Since neither of those schools were technically "home", there would be no technical assessed.

This loss was even more of a stunner than the loss in the Sweet 16 to Mary Washington during the Mellody/Matt senior year.

NEPAFAN

Martin's to do list...

Pep Band..Fix clock on back board..anything else?  ;D
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

Yep...

Remind the women's basketball coach that the men's basketball coach has the copyrights to one & done in the NCAA tournament.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on March 08, 2020, 07:34:51 PM

Since neither of those schools were technically "home", there would be no technical assessed.

This loss was even more of a stunner than the loss in the Sweet 16 to Mary Washington during the Mellody/Matt senior year.

My best friend's wife was 1 of the refs for that game; it ended a 69? game home winning streak for the Lady Royals.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on March 08, 2020, 06:06:47 PM

No ... fix the lights.

Non-contrasting uniforms are supposedly illegal, too, but not well enforced at this time. Should a team blame inconsistent enforcement if they have illegal uniforms or maybe not have illegal uniforms?

This rule has been around for awhile. I can't speak for why it wasn't enforced by officials at Scranton in the past ... because I don't know. But I know it has been checked often by officials at gyms I tend to be at. The rule is the lights around the backboard can not go off for shot clock violations, only end of period time. I am not sure why that alway wouldn't be checked by Scranton personal to make sure they are in compliance. The rule has been around for a few years if memory serves.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 08, 2020, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: ronk on March 08, 2020, 06:06:47 PM

No ... fix the lights.

Non-contrasting uniforms are supposedly illegal, too, but not well enforced at this time. Should a team blame inconsistent enforcement if they have illegal uniforms or maybe not have illegal uniforms?

This rule has been around for awhile. I can't speak for why it wasn't enforced by officials at Scranton in the past ... because I don't know. But I know it has been checked often by officials at gyms I tend to be at. The rule is the lights around the backboard can not go off for shot clock violations, only end of period time. I am not sure why that alway wouldn't be checked by Scranton personal to make sure they are in compliance. The rule has been around for a few years if memory serves.

Sounds like Dave Martin(Scranton AD) who's been there for 5 years should be asked what his version is. Dave was involved in Coach DiPillo's animated pre-game discussion with the NCAA rep about 25' from where I was sitting. Being a former chair(of at least the regional RAC) he should be aware of NCAA directives in this regard and whether Scranton knew of them.

Rofrog

Lets not skirt the question if it has been there for years why wasnt it implemented in last years playoffs or better off -that lady refs alot at scranton home games why nothing then if it dealt with ncaa rules.Cmon someone on the committee needs to explain that last year was okay but this year wasnt?I just want to hear it from the committee which I wrote and nothing yet.Dont you really think if this was inforced in 2017or 18 that it should have happened last year also why just this year?

Pat Coleman

I'm just surprised that this is what the focus is coming out of that game.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.