MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 22, 2014, 07:39:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on July 22, 2014, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: sac on July 22, 2014, 06:22:04 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on July 22, 2014, 05:51:26 PM
Out of idle curiosity, I used a site that sac discovered, www.geomidpoint.com, to locate the geographic center of the CCIW. To nobody's surprise, it's out in the sticks; it's located on Big Grove Road about two miles southeast of Newark in Kendall County, and about three miles southeast of the Fox River.

When Carroll is added, the geographic center of the CCIW becomes more suburban; it moves north of the Fox River to the backyard of a house on Boyer Lane in Plano.

First you have a bonfire in Kendall County, then you have a welcoming cook out for Carroll and her boyfriend in Plano.

So you are saying Carroll is gay?

(Spelled that way, Carroll is definitely a guy's name - e.g., Carroll O'Connor.)

Carroll LaHaye, women's head basketball coach at Randolph-Macon is a woman: http://www.rmcathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2009-10/bios/Carroll_LaHaye. Maybe her parents wanted a boy.

These days there are always exceptions - but my point is basically correct.

y_jack_lok

Yes, used as a woman's name Carroll is definitely unusual and an exception. In fact, the meaning of Carroll, according to this, is "man": http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Carroll.

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on July 22, 2014, 02:34:24 PM
Former Millikin A.D. Joe Hakes has been named new A.D. at Illinois Institute of Technology ("Illinois Tech").
Quote from: Titan Q on June 29, 2014, 03:42:55 PM
Todd Kelly, currently an assistant at North Central and formerly a player at Millikin, was named head coach at Illinois Tech.

IIT, where former Millikin men go to _________?  :-\

Veterans of the Millikin athletic department teaming up to reverse the recent fortunes of the Scarlet Hawks.  :)

AndOne

Out of idle curiosity, I used a site that sac discovered, www.geomidpoint.com, to locate the geographic center of the CCIW. To nobody's surprise, it's out in the sticks; it's located on Big Grove Road about two miles southeast of Newark in Kendall County, and about three miles southeast of the Fox River.

When Carroll is added, the geographic center of the CCIW becomes more suburban; it moves north of the Fox River to the backyard of a house on Boyer Lane in Plano.

First you have a bonfire in Kendall County, then you have a welcoming cook out for Carroll and her boyfriend in Plano.

(Spelled that way, Carroll is definitely a guy's name - e.g., Carroll O'Connor.)

The worms are pouring out of that open can.  ;)

AndOne

Rumor has it that former 4 year North Central PG Pat Rourke, a devotee of the 5 year plan, will demonstrate his multifaceted athletic ability, and overall physical prowess when he debuts as a member of the Cardinal soccer team this season.  ;)

AndOne

Quote from: AndOne on July 14, 2014, 12:26:33 AM
2014-15 NCC NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov 21-22  NCC Tip Off Tourney--with UW-Whitewater, Bluffton, & Trinity. No matchups yet.
       25 Aurora
       29 @ UW-Stevens Point

Dec 4 @ Pamona Pitzer College (CA)
      6 @ Redlands College (CA
      12-13 @ Juniata College (PA) Tourney---NCC, Dickinson, Penn St-York, & Juniata. Matchups not set yet.
      17 @ Benedictine
      27 @ Mt. Union (OH) Tourney Vs. Olivet
      28 @ Mt. Union (OH) Tourney Vs. Adrian

Spanning the globe in December.  :-\

Complete North Central 2014-15 schedule. As I indicated previously the matchups for the NCC Tip-Off Tournament and the Juniata (PA) tournament have not been determined as yet.

http://northcentralcardinals.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

badgerwarhawk

WHITEWATER'S schedule has us playing Bluffton the first game and North Central for the second game.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AndOne

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on July 23, 2014, 10:07:06 AM
WHITEWATER'S schedule has us playing Bluffton the first game and North Central for the second game.   

And that may well come to pass Badger.
But the big dog doesn't always get the bone and, at this moment, the UWW schedule is an assumption as opposed to an actual fact.   ;)
If the schedule was already definite, it would be logical that such would be reflected in the schedule shown on the NCC web site, especially when you consider said schedule was just added in the last day or two.  :-\

sac

Maybe its just my exquisite memory but I remember several posts a few years ago (in humor mode) about Carroll being a girls name.

My apologies if Mr. Y's leap of the great chasm of attempted humor offended anyone named Carroll,  is gay or attended Carroll. 

also this:  http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Carroll

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: AndOne on July 23, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

But the big dog doesn't always get the bone and, at this moment, the UWW schedule is an assumption as opposed to an actual fact.   ;)
If the schedule was already definite, it would be logical that such would be reflected in the schedule shown on the NCC web site, especially when you consider said schedule was just added in the last day or two.  :-\

I've checked with those in the know and we are definitely playing Bluffton first and North Central second.  Game times are still to be determined.

Pat Coleman

Just because it's not on the NCC site doesn't mean it hasn't been decided. Unless you yourself are the decider, in which case, hey, more power to you.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 23, 2014, 04:40:34 PM

Just because it's not on the NCC site doesn't mean it hasn't been decided. Unless you yourself are the decider, in which case, hey, more power to you.

Very true that just because its not on the web doesn't mean that it hasn't been decided.

However, did you consider that the person who put it up on the site got it from the "decider," and if the decider had already definitely decided, it probably wouldn't have been left blank? :-\

If I had to bet, my bet would be that UWW will indeed play NCC on Sat. night.  :)

Lastly, Pat, no I'm not the decider, but I do speak with him on a regular basis.  :o

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AndOne on July 23, 2014, 05:33:21 PM

Very true that just because its not on the web doesn't mean that it hasn't been decided.

However, did you consider that the person who put it up on the site got it from the "decider," and if the decider had already definitely decided, it probably wouldn't have been left blank? :-\

That doesn't mean it wasn't decided in the time in between the SIDs posting the schedule and today. In July, no SID is hounding a coach for daily updates on tournament pairings for a winter sport, sorry.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 23, 2014, 09:20:46 PM
Quote from: AndOne on July 23, 2014, 05:33:21 PM

That doesn't mean it wasn't decided in the time in between the SIDs posting the schedule and today. In July, no SID is hounding a coach for daily updates on tournament pairings for a winter sport, sorry.

1. The schedule was only posted yesterday or Mon so the window of opportunity for a final decision to have been made is pretty darn small.
2. The NCC SID is very much on top of things, and I'm highly confident that he would post/modify info on the web site within a very short length of tine after receiving confirmation of anything.   

badgerwarhawk

Decided or not our staff is definitely under the impression that we'll be playing NCC.  Why I don't know.  I just know that they are. 

Personally I wonder if we would even participate if we were going to play Bluffton and Trinity.