WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NACfan215

Based on Aurora's site it appears they beat Pitt Greensburg 76-71.

Also, am I reading the NAC site correctly, is Alverno currently playing their SECOND game of the day?

Just Bill

Yes. Mount Mary pulled out of Alverno's tournament on Thursday because they weren't capable of fielding a team. In order to still give St. Kate's and Stephens two games, they volunteered to play St. Kate's at 1:00 today and Stephens at 7:00. St. Kate's and Stephens will play each other tomorrow.

They almost pulled off the double, losing to Stephens in 2OT.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: Just Bill on November 18, 2012, 01:31:07 AM
Yes. Mount Mary pulled out of Alverno's tournament on Thursday because they weren't capable of fielding a team. In order to still give St. Kate's and Stephens two games, they volunteered to play St. Kate's at 1:00 today and Stephens at 7:00. St. Kate's and Stephens will play each other tomorrow.

They almost pulled off the double, losing to Stephens in 2OT.

Is it a one time deal for Mount Mary with the numbers or is it season threatening? WLC and MSOE are on their schedule (along with the Nath-Con Challenge at the end of the year).
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Just Bill

I'm not sure, but I think they've packed it in for the season. A good number of NathCon teams have scheduled them, so there's probably some scrambling going on.

P.S. There is no NAC Challenge anymore. Scrapped by the coaches.

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

NACfan215

One game tonight, CUW hosts a tough Carroll team that almost knocked off #7 UW WW last week.  They led by as many as 10 in the second half but couldn't finish it off.  Tough call here I'm going to go with Carroll winning a tight one on the road with more depth and tough defensive effort.

Captain_Joe08

Tonight's slate of games:

Dominican at Albion: Prolly one of the closer games tonight....Still it won't be enough.
Millikin at Edgewood: Millikin pulls away late.
Aurora at Wheaton: Over by half....
Marian at UW-Stevens Point: Pointers already lead.....
Loras at Concordia Chicago: CUC hasn't been close yet this season. I think this will be a closer game, but again the fall short here.

NACfan215

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on November 20, 2012, 08:45:56 AM
Tonight's slate of games:

Dominican at Albion: Prolly one of the closer games tonight....Still it won't be enough.
Millikin at Edgewood: Millikin pulls away late.
Aurora at Wheaton: Over by half....
Marian at UW-Stevens Point: Pointers already lead.....
Loras at Concordia Chicago: CUC hasn't been close yet this season. I think this will be a closer game, but again the fall short here.

Looks like another 0'fer night for the NAC, I agree with all the picks above.  The only game I could see going the NAC's way would be if Dominican can pull out their first win of the season, tough to gauge how good they really are after playing to overpowering teams in their first two games.

Tough loss at home for CUW last night, Carroll wins 56-46, Luethe had 20 pts for CUW, no one else on the roster had more than 6.  Carroll had 4 starters in double digets but failed to get any points from its bench.

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

Albion 70, Dominican 62  Final

Albion--  20 pts off Dominican turnovers

WLCALUM83

Millikin 67, Edgewood 54  2 secs left 2nd half:

Eagles had it down to 2 (54-52) with 3 1/2 minutes left, but didn't get over the hump.

Captain_Joe08

Wheaton (IL) 96
Aurora 44

Final

Loras (IA) 50
Concordia Chicago 40

Final

#7 UW-Stevens Point 68
Marian 19

Sabres score eight points in the second half and fail to hit the twenty point mark in the game. Ouch......

Captain_Joe08

Three games tonight....

Ashford at Rockford: Uh....Rockford should win against their NAIA opponent right?

North Park at Benedictine: North Park makes it 3-0 against Nath-Con teams in a little closer of a game.

Silver Lake at Wisconsin Lutheran: The more shocking thing is that WLC is 5-14 against Silver Lake when they were conference foes in the LMC in the early 90's. WLC blows away Silver Lake in this one.

Just Bill

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on November 21, 2012, 12:38:44 PM
Ashford at Rockford: Uh....Rockford should win against their NAIA opponent right?

Ashford beat Rockford by 23 last year, so I wouldn't count on a Regent win. Anything can happen.

http://www.ashfordathletics.com/stats/2011-12/wBasketball/aurcwb11.htm

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: Just Bill on November 21, 2012, 12:44:50 PM
Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on November 21, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Ashford beat Rockford by 23 last year, so I wouldn't count on a Regent win. Anything can happen.

http://www.ashfordathletics.com/stats/2011-12/wBasketball/aurcwb11.htm

I was kind of implying that. Not really sure if the Regents are better this year than last year.

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran has no problems with Silver Lake winning 91-48

Krissy Day did not play tonight...Any idea why?