WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

Final:  Edgewood 57, Benedictine 56
                (Pope hit the game-winning shot with 2 seconds left)

WI Eagles-- Hill had a strong second half- 17 pts in all including 3 threes
                  IL Eagles--   Hamilton 22 pts

NACfan215

Good set of games on saturday, alot of close ones.  Looks like we could be in for a tight race all season with a lot of parity between the teams.  This might be the most balanced the conference has been in a few years, looking forward to how its all going to shake out.  Another set of great games coming up wednesday.

MOSE v Marian - Ill take MSOE, playing much better, Marian can win if it shoots well from the three
Alverno v CUC - Toss up, Alverno has to show they can win on the road (2 great home wins so far), CUC if they can dominate the interior... Ill take Alverno
WLC v Lakeland - WLC off a tough loss, Lakeland starting to figure it out a little... Ill take WLC in a tough fought bounceback win
Edgewood v CUW - CUW off to a hot start although with some recent close wins, Edgewood up and down as usual... Ill take CUW on their home court
Rockford v Dominican - Rockford much improved and much more athletic than Dominican, still a long ways for Dominican to go... Rockford on the road
Benedictine v Aurora - Not really the start I was expecting from BenU, Aurora putting a few nice games together... Ill take Benu's depth on the road

WLCALUM83

Quote from: NACfan215 on December 02, 2013, 10:54:46 AM
Good set of games on saturday, alot of close ones.  Looks like we could be in for a tight race all season with a lot of parity between the teams.  This might be the most balanced the conference has been in a few years, looking forward to how its all going to shake out.  Another set of great games coming up wednesday.

MOSE v Marian - Ill take MSOE, playing much better, Marian can win if it shoots well from the three
Alverno v CUC - Toss up, Alverno has to show they can win on the road (2 great home wins so far), CUC if they can dominate the interior... Ill take Alverno
WLC v Lakeland - WLC off a tough loss, Lakeland starting to figure it out a little... Ill take WLC in a tough fought bounceback win
Edgewood v CUW - CUW off to a hot start although with some recent close wins, Edgewood up and down as usual... Ill take CUW on their home court
Rockford v Dominican - Rockford much improved and much more athletic than Dominican, still a long ways for Dominican to go... Rockford on the road
Benedictine v Aurora - Not really the start I was expecting from BenU, Aurora putting a few nice games together... Ill take Benu's depth on the road

My guesses:

MSOE:  (One key factor in the Sabers' win over Dominican is they had only 7 turnovers in that home win-question is-will that continue?) :-X :-\
Alverno:   Cold shooting coming out of the gate in the first half has not helped CUC so far. I'm figuring  Inferno momentum from that late rally they made to beat WLC will carry over.
Lakeland:  Have to put my head above my heart on this one.
Edgewood:  WI Eagles' Hill stepped it up in 2nd half last game--Spengler's been making her presence felt also. Another tight one here.
Rockford:
Benedictine:  Hamilton's been playing strong-- I too, go with the IL Eagles on the road.

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on December 03, 2013, 07:39:59 AM
Quote from: NACfan215 on December 02, 2013, 10:54:46 AM

My guesses:

MSOE:  (One key factor in the Sabers' win over Dominican is they had only 7 turnovers in that home win-question is-will that continue?) :-X :-\
Alverno:   Cold shooting coming out of the gate in the first half has not helped CUC so far. I'm figuring  Inferno momentum from that late rally they made to beat WLC will carry over.
Lakeland:  Have to put my head above my heart on this one.
Edgewood:  WI Eagles' Hill stepped it up in 2nd half last game--Spengler's been making her presence felt also. Another tight one here.
Rockford:
Benedictine:  Hamilton's been playing strong-- I too, go with the IL Eagles on the road.

MSOE vs Marian: Give me the Raiders in a tight road win.

Alverno vs CUC: Inferno in a tight one. They needed a 24-8 run to stun WLC late and they have a decent CUC team against them.

WLC vs Lakeland: WLC collapsed late against Alverno....They really need to improve their free throw shooting. I think they take a tight road win over a solid Lakeland team.

Edgewood vs CUW: Edgewood is too inconsistent to pull off the win.

Rockford vs Dominican: Rockford is the better team while DU is still figuring things out.

Benedictine vs Aurora: Eagles win comfortably here.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

WLCALUM83

Final:  CUW 72, Edgewood 41  (FG pct.  Falcons 51%, WI Eagles 25%)

WLCALUM83

Look-in on Alverno/CUC:  Cougars up by 3 with just over 3 minutes left in 2nd half--
                                                   (developing--)

EDIT:  This one's going to OT-- they're tied at 65--

OT #2 coming up-- it's 73 all now--

OT #3 up,  tied at 82-- Speerschneider hit a desperation 3 from half-court--

Final:  Alverno 95, CUC 91   (Cougars' Koehler was the only experienced big-point producer they could use in the 3rd OT--Broska and Genke had fouled out in OT 2) Inferno hit late FTs to seal this road win.

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 70
Lakeland 56

Final

Schulz leads the Warriors with 20 points and 11 rebounds (3rd Double-Double in 5 games).

WLCALUM83

12/7 NACC docket:

Marian @ Rockford:  Going with the Regents in a tight one
WLC @ Aurora:         Warriors
Edgewood @ CUC:    Edgewood in another tight one (CUC can take this if the Cougars can continue the point production they had against Alverno, but they need to take care of the ball better -- in one of the OT's they committed turnovers on 4 or 5 straight possessions.)
Lakeland @ Dominican:   Muskies
MSOE @ Alverno:            On paper, toughest in-NACC match-up thus far for MSOE-- going with the Inferno at home here.
CUW @ Benedictine:        IL Eagles in another close one.

NACfan215

LC v WLC Review:
The lack of quality refing took away from what should have been a great game.  The first half was exciting with both teams playing very hard and aggressive.  Unfortunately the second have was marred by terrible refing as the refs were making up for numerous missed calls from the first half by calling a tight game in the second.  27 total fouls called, both teams were in the bonus with over 12:30 minutes left which really took away from the flow of the game and never allowed either team to get in a rhythm.  This seemed to give WLC the advantage in making it mainly a half court game as LC never got to take advantage of their up-tempo pace and deep bench.   
WLC 39% FG (46% 2nd half) 37% 3p FG – Hoft 5-6 threes 17 pts
LC 33% FG 23% 3p FG – Eisner 11 pts 10 boards

3MAPS

Any knowledge on why Taylor Bahr is not playing yet for Wisconsin Lutheran?

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: 3MAPS on December 05, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

Not sure.....

Marian at Rockford: Give me the Regents again.
Wisconsin Lutheran at Aurora: Warriors put this one away early.
Edgewood at CUC: I think CUC takes this but they played gingerly in the extra periods against Alverno so EC has a shot here.
Lakeland at Dominican: Lakeland bounces back.
MSOE at Alverno: Will the team that ended WLC's NACC winning streak show up or will the one that lost to CUC show up?
CUW at Benedictine: Falcons in a tight one I guess?

NACfan215

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on December 05, 2013, 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: 3MAPS on December 05, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

Not sure.....

Marian at Rockford: Give me the Regents again.
Wisconsin Lutheran at Aurora: Warriors put this one away early.
Edgewood at CUC: I think CUC takes this but they played gingerly in the extra periods against Alverno so EC has a shot here.
Lakeland at Dominican: Lakeland bounces back.
MSOE at Alverno: Will the team that ended WLC's NACC winning streak show up or will the one that lost to CUC show up?
CUW at Benedictine: Falcons in a tight one I guess?

Alverno beat CUC in the 3 OT game, but to your point, Alverno has played very well at home (wins over WLC and EC) compared to their road games (Loss to BU and near loss at CUC).  So, based on that I think Alverno wins easily at home.

WLCALUM83

Joining MSOE/Alverno in progress in first half:

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

Final:  Alverno 67, MSOE 54  (Inferno pulled away in the last 6 minutes--Speerschneider again hit several 3s)

(Look-in on 1 other game  --CUW's up by 21 points over Benedictine with just under 9 minutes left in 2nd half)