FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarhawkDad and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

CtheBigPicture

Thank you Pat, all the way back in 2007.  The current AD was one of three finalists as was Todd Hoffner, University of South Dakota assistant at the time who had been the coach at Eau Claire before that.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: CtheBigPicture on February 14, 2022, 03:44:58 PM
Thank you Pat, all the way back in 2007.  The current AD was one of three finalists as was Todd Hoffner, University of South Dakota assistant at the time who had been the coach at Eau Claire before that.

Was Vince Kehres as well? Or was that a different job?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bluenote

Hey Pat.... I remember seeing you at the CatDome... you are taller than I thought. But I'm older and shrinking... LMAO! Keith was cool too. do you still have the flag I gave you?

CtheBigPicture

I did some checking because I thought I remembered he was a finalist for one of the conference positions  as well.  I did find Kehres was a finalist for the UW-LaCrosse head job in 2011 along with Joel Dettwiler (who got the job, coming from Wartburg where he was the DC), Tony Jennison (Head Coach at Macalester) and Jake Moreland (TE Coach at Western Michigan).

In 2016 LaCrosse had four finalists.  Mike Schmidt was the DC at Platteville before becoming the Head Coach.  Also in the pool were Travis Rundle (DC at Illinois Wesleyan), Brent Schroeder (HC at Caledonia HS in Minnesota) and Jim Zebrowski (QB Coach at Minnesota and former OC at UWW).

In 2020 they selected Matt Janus who had been the interim coach after serving as their DC.  The other candidate was Joe Schafer (DC at John Carroll).

CtheBigPicture

I decided to go back and look at the last two Warhawk coaches search.  In 2015 Kevin Bullis (Defensive Run Game/Special Teams Coordinator, UWW) was selected and the other finalists were:  Rob Erickson (DC at UW-Plattevile); Dean Paul (HC at Ohio Northern); Dave Taynor (HC at Urbana); Erik Raeburn (HC at Wabash).

In 2006 Lance Leipold (OC at Nebraska Omaha) was selected and the other three finalists were:  Rick Willis (AD and former HC at Wartburg); Curt Wiese (HC at Marietta) and Stan Zweifel (OC at UW-Whitewater).

palum

Platteville's new Head Coach Ryan Munz is starting to put his staff together. Brent Allen was hired as Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Allen previously was Run Game Coordinator at WW. Ryley Bailey is the new Wide Receivers Coach. Bailey was a WR at Platteville as was Pat Sheehan who was hired as Special Teams Coach.

bleedpurple

Quote from: palum on February 19, 2022, 06:34:15 PM
Platteville's new Head Coach Ryan Munz is starting to put his staff together. Brent Allen was hired as Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Allen previously was Run Game Coordinator at WW. Ryley Bailey is the new Wide Receivers Coach. Bailey was a WR at Platteville as was Pat Sheehan who was hired as Special Teams Coach.

He got a good one in Coach Allen. Congrats Brent!  I think it's safe to say with Coach Allen as the OC, the Pioneer offense will have a completely different look in coming years.

PauldingLightUP

UW-La Crosse posted its 2022 schedule. Non cons vs Dakota St University, at Dubuque, at Wayne St University. Conference play starts Oct 1st at home vs Whitewater.

https://uwlathletics.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

PauldingLightUP

UW-Stout 2022 schedule is posted. Non cons at Wartburg and at Gustavus. Looks like still room for one more for the Blue Devils, either week 1 or week 4.

https://stoutbluedevils.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

hazzben

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on February 25, 2022, 12:43:06 PM
UW-Stout 2022 schedule is posted. Non cons at Wartburg and at Gustavus. Looks like still room for one more for the Blue Devils, either week 1 or week 4.

https://stoutbluedevils.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Both very intriguing Non-con games.

badgerwarhawk

WHITEWATER offensive coordinator, Peter Jennings, is the new Oshkosh head coach.  WHITEWATER loses its offensive coordinator and offensive line/run game coach this offseason.  Jennings was also a candidate for the Platteville job and was ex-WARHAWKS defensive coordinator and former Platteville DC Rob Erickson. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 26, 2022, 08:25:49 AM
WHITEWATER offensive coordinator, Peter Jennings, is the new Oshkosh head coach.  WHITEWATER loses its offensive coordinator and offensive line/run game coach this offseason.  Jennings was also a candidate for the Platteville job and was ex-WARHAWKS defensive coordinator and former Platteville DC Rob Erickson.

Congratulations to Coach Jennings.
This is also great for UWW as the offense needs to return to its style in the Stagg Bowl championship run.

bleedpurple

Quote from: emma17 on February 26, 2022, 10:43:36 AM

This is also great for UWW as the offense needs to return to its style in the Stagg Bowl championship run.

This is your opportunity Emma!  Get that application in and let's get 'er rolling!

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on February 26, 2022, 03:53:18 PM
Quote from: emma17 on February 26, 2022, 10:43:36 AM

This is your opportunity Emma!  Get that application in and let's get 'er rolling!

I'd even do it for free.

PauldingLightUP

UW Oshkosh to introduce its new head football Tuesday at 10amCT. The event will be live streamed.

https://www.uwoshkoshtitans.com/sports/fball/2021-22/releases/20220228oqwizc