FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PauldingLightUP

Oshkosh has added a game at Northern Michigan on Sept. 10. So hard for them to find D3 games it seems.

cubs

2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

02 Warhawk

Michael Zweifel named co-defensive coordinator and d-backs coach at UWL.

I always found it interesting when players, who go onto coaching, sometimes over see positions they didn't play. Now if he was the WR coach, then that would make perfect sense.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on June 24, 2022, 08:01:28 PM

I always found it interesting when players, who go onto coaching, sometimes over see positions they didn't play. Now if he was the WR coach, then that would make perfect sense.

I suspect it is that they can better identify with the struggles of those in other positions.

In baseball, all-star players rarely make good managers.  It is the marginal players who star as managers.  All-star players just can't seem to identify with players who can't do what they found so easy to do.

bleedpurple

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 25, 2022, 12:01:18 AM

I suspect it is that they can better identify with the struggles of those in other positions.

In baseball, all-star players rarely make good managers.  It is the marginal players who star as managers.  All-star players just can't seem to identify with players who can't do what they found so easy to do.

Alan Trammell (Six All Star games, Four Silver Sluggers, and Three Gold Gloves) comes to mind.  From turning double plays with "Sweet" Lou Whitaker to becoming a manager with a lifetime record of 187-302. 

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 25, 2022, 12:01:18 AM

Wasn't Michael an all-American?  ;)

emma17

02- I think the primary explanation is coaches need to learn multiple positions if they want to improve their chances for advancement.

Like LL said when hired at U Buffalo, football is football (or something like that). 

PauldingLightUP

UW Oshkosh has added a game at Millsaps College on September 17. Both teams schedules have this added.

raiderguy

ln the category of you could knock me over with a feather!
I was at our local grocery store, and I ran into a guy and his daughter with UWW shirts on.
The town is Middlefield, Ohio, a small Amish community, and they live here now.
WE were both rushed and didn't exchange phone numbers, maybe he didn't want to! ???

As I said years ago when I moved to Minnesota and began attending Johnnies games, "I'm too far away to see the number 1 team in the country play so I'll settle for number2.   The same might be said in this case too :o ;D

My experiences there were out of this world both at Johnnies games and all the other great venues I visited while in MN.
Including many stops to the Perk for the playoffs!

So, if anyone has knowledge of who they might be you can send me a message so I might try and contact them in the future and offer them an opportunity to attend some Raiders games.

Thanks for enduring my ramblings!
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

colinsteinke

So. Are we close enough to the season to start speculating whether or not Lewandowski has figured it out in the off-season and is being handed the reins to the Warhawk offense?

bleedpurple

Quote from: colinsteinke on August 03, 2022, 12:29:22 PM
So. Are we close enough to the season to start speculating whether or not Lewandowski has figured it out in the off-season and is being handed the reins to the Warhawk offense?

Lew has had a great off season, but some others have made some strides as well. Chryst and Ceniti are really, really talented football players.  Ty Poorman, a Florida Mr. Football Finalist a few years ago, is back after sitting out last season. The room is stacked.  But Lew will begin as QB1.

The cool thing is that there are a lot of good friendships in that room.These guys have a lot of fun competing with each other.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: bleedpurple on August 04, 2022, 06:16:39 PM

Lew has had a great off season, but some others have made some strides as well. Chryst and Ceniti are really, really talented football players.  Ty Poorman, a Florida Mr. Football Finalist a few years ago, is back after sitting out last season. The room is stacked.  But Lew will begin as QB1.

The cool thing is that there are a lot of good friendships in that room.These guys have a lot of fun competing with each other.

Good to hear Ty is back, wasn't sure what his future was with this program. No shortage of QB depth this year. Wow!

bleedpurple

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on August 05, 2022, 02:25:13 PM

Good to hear Ty is back, wasn't sure what his future was with this program. No shortage of QB depth this year. Wow!

That's for sure.  On a side note, Lewandowski's high school teammate at Lake Zurich, IL, wide receiver James Piggott, has transferred to UW-W after two seasons at the University of Indianapolis.

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on August 05, 2022, 03:19:08 PM

That's for sure.  On a side note, Lewandowski's high school teammate at Lake Zurich, IL, wide receiver James Piggott, has transferred to UW-W after two seasons at the University of Indianapolis.

That Lake Zurich team had some talent. Jack Sanborn was on the team and he just finished with the Badgers- playing linebacker.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: emma17 on August 12, 2022, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: bleedpurple on August 05, 2022, 03:19:08 PM

That Lake Zurich team had some talent. Jack Sanborn was on the team and he just finished with the Badgers- playing linebacker.

Yup, he had a very good preseason game for the Bears the other day. Turned a lot of heads